Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Puzzles and Other Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 01:54 PM

Default Re: Official SHEEP Season - Final Week!! (Everyone play!)

So that's it, folks. Again, thank you for playing - I enjoyed it, and it seems like most of you did too. I may start another thread or add on to this one on Sunday (I need to get some work done now, and I'll be out of town tomorrow) to talk a little bit more about the season, etc. A little discussion about how we can improve the season, both within the game and with the season structure itself, and we can talk about if/when there will be a Season Two.

I know I don't want to run another one personally right away - my Fridays have been really unproductive lately, and I'm in a pretty busy stretch at work. Also, I could just use a little break - it takes a fair amount of effort to mod this. In the meantime, if somebody else wants to run a Friday game for a while, even if it's not part of a "season", I know I'd play...

And congrats again to JCool - the inaugural POG Sheep Season Champ!!

With that, here are the final standings:

Excellent. Congrats to the placed winners, especially jcool, who came up real clutch in the last two weeks. He needs an undertitle. Great job terp, thanks for all the hard work.

All around great season.

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks a lot for taking the time to run this UMTerp

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-21-2007, 01:55 PM

Congrats JCool.

Also, much kudos to UMTerp for an awesome series of games.
Old 09-21-2007, 01:56 PM

well done to all players, especially the 3 top non-playoff, and all the playoff players

wtg jcool on the win and patton on the perfect game

and big props to umterp for running this long game and running it well every week; sorry POG has so many whiners in it; u did a great job and i hope u will consider doing it again in the future
Old 09-21-2007, 01:58 PM

Thanks a lot to UMTerp for running this... I definitely didn't realize at the start of week 1 how much fun I would have doing this, and a lot of it due to the excellent writeups, commentary and charts, which must have taken a lot of time.

TERP RULES!

[ QUOTE ]
TERP RULES!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-21-2007, 02:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
And here what clowntable's TOP TEN thought process that he sent me - every once in a while once of you guys would add some commentary, and it would make it fun to read:

----------

Since this is the last one here's some thought process as well. I have decided to not use Google since it's the last one and I have no chance of winning anyways:

#1: Wall Street:
I concidered Wall Street, The Game (which is my personal fav along with Falling Down which just isn't mainstreamy enough) and Basic Instinct but I concider BI more of a Basinger movie than a Douglas movie.
I'd take "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" in a heartbeat but I'd guess only movies where he was an actor stand a real chance

#2: Home Plate:
If in doubt, chose Baseball answer. ALso, I can't think of anything else

#3 in:
Probably in/at are the only contenders. I pick "in" because that's what people use to sign up here and am immediataly worried about this one since that thinking is usually recipe for disaster

#4 England:
England/Pakistan/South Africa. Watched a bunch of cricket while in Africa. Most people will accociate it with England. People who don't know the sport probably don't know Pakistan or South Africa are big "cricket nations"

#5: Walter Cronkite
No idea who's hot right now as I can't watch any of the US networks. Here's what I can think of
- Wolf Blitzer (because I watch CNN a lot but he has no real chance as it has to be the NBC/ABC/CBS/FOX? guy)
- Peter Jennings ABC iirc
- Dan Rather (changed to Katie Couric iirc) CBS iirc
- Tom Brokaw NBC iirc
I'm pretty sure that none of them are still holding their jobs though except for Wolf and Katie so I've got to google and guestimate which TV station is the most popular one for news. Because I don't want to use Google for the final week and because most people I knew watched their news on ABC or CBS and because Katie is the only one who I'm somewhat sure might still be doing it...gogogo
Since it's "famous" in the question I could also go with Walter Cronkite who is about the only news anchor I've ever heard of outside the ones I've seen myself while doing the job. Damn I think that's what I'll do and curse myself for overthinking afterwards

#6:
Poker, poker it's all skill...
(I have my doubts since people never seem to pick the Poker related answer but this time it has to be it since it's even listed and all)

#7 Elton John:
I only remember Ellen Degeneres from being on Larry King and think she might be sufficiently popular/outgoing. Elton John should be the most famous though however I'm kind of scared of the US bias here. The only other ones I could up with I don't even know the names
- Dick's daughter
- Guy from Frasier

#8: Four
One seems to be a good sheep answer because "zomg it's the first number". I think I go every 3-4 weeks but I couldn't really tell. 4 could be a good answer because "zomg it's a month" but might be a little long. I'll just pick 4 and curse myself for overthinking

#9:
The first thing that popped into my head were those sweet melons (as oposed to water melons). Now I have to think of the name.
After 10 minutes of thinking it pops back into my brain: "Cantaloupe" but I now have strong doubts and think there's a very obvious answer I'm missing
5 more minutes of thinking and well I can't think of anything so screw it i'll go with the melons...mmmm melons I'll buy some today

#10:
Well I instantly think of "f*cker". Now I'm wondering if
a) There's a better answer
b) You'll count all the [censored] answers as one. Maybe I should put "Mother Li" :P
List of other things that come to my mind:
- "Marry" yeah lol, I know
- Earth (no way this can win)
- "the song" which I now proceed to play for further inspiration
After thinking about this for a while I can't come up with any obvious one so [censor] it I'll run with [censored]

#11: 8
I love the question
For me, 5 was the hardest (esp. with my self imposed non-Google restriction) and for 7 it was pretty hard to estimate the state of US-celebs but I'd guess people will say 8 because there is always bitching about how it's not really possible to find a good number for these type of questions

Wow done. Actually I have a good feeling about a bunch of my answers but am probably missing a bunch of obvious ones.

p.s.: You may post the thought process if you think it could be interesting

[/ QUOTE ]
if i was running sheep and somebody sent me this, i would delete it
Old 09-21-2007, 02:04 PM

Yeah, outstanding job at running this Terp -- it was very well organized, a lot of fun and I thought you came up with some great questions (and handled the disputes really well too).

And nice run JCool -- congrats!