Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: September**

Lol, hate when ive not repped anything but still bluff

[x]Failed bet
[x]Bad beat
[x]Fun fun fun

<3
Old 09-13-2007, 07:04 PM

Thanks for the link to the IStrong vids, look forward to watching those - they don't seem to be on yellowbluebus' site (maybe he could add them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

@Student Caine - will get in touch tomorrow - would like to see the vid of gelford at 25NL

Just watched Dan Bitel's vid and a couple of questions...

1) Dan seems pretty intent on getting AK AI PF - what is the general consensus on this? I was under the impression that these days at 25NL, it is -EV to get it AI PF with AK... E.g. semi-bad TAG raises 4xBB, you 3-bet AK from the Button, he 4-bets - do you shove/call/fold...

2) Dan makes a couple of examples of 3-betting light against TAGs - I realise that this is a difficult skill, and should be treated with caution, but I think that it can be used profitably at 25NL - my question is - folded to 18/15 who raises 4xBB from the c/o (you have seen him raising a lot IP and so he has a pretty wide range) - you have 89s OTB and 3-bet him. He calls (so flop is HU) and the flop comes A) A42r B) J75r C) 245 with 2 of our suit - TAG checks - what is you plan on each flop. - The reason I ask this is that c-bets get very expensive in 3-bet pots and so I think it is much more important to pick your spots than in non-3-bet pots.

Anyways - sorry to clutter the brew with intellectual garbage - but looking to really improve my game from a learning point of view before I get back to the tables, and the brew has never let me down as far as advice goes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

gl all
Old 09-13-2007, 07:08 PM

I am betting all of those flops
Old 09-13-2007, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the link to the IStrong vids, look forward to watching those - they don't seem to be on yellowbluebus' site (maybe he could add them [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

@Student Caine - will get in touch tomorrow - would like to see the vid of gelford at 25NL

Just watched Dan Bitel's vid and a couple of questions...

1) Dan seems pretty intent on getting AK AI PF - what is the general consensus on this? I was under the impression that these days at 25NL, it is -EV to get it AI PF with AK... E.g. semi-bad TAG raises 4xBB, you 3-bet AK from the Button, he 4-bets - do you shove/call/fold...

2) Dan makes a couple of examples of 3-betting light against TAGs - I realise that this is a difficult skill, and should be treated with caution, but I think that it can be used profitably at 25NL - my question is - folded to 18/15 who raises 4xBB from the c/o (you have seen him raising a lot IP and so he has a pretty wide range) - you have 89s OTB and 3-bet him. He calls (so flop is HU) and the flop comes A) A42r B) J75r C) 245 with 2 of our suit - TAG checks - what is you plan on each flop. - The reason I ask this is that c-bets get very expensive in 3-bet pots and so I think it is much more important to pick your spots than in non-3-bet pots.

Anyways - sorry to clutter the brew with intellectual garbage - but looking to really improve my game from a learning point of view before I get back to the tables, and the brew has never let me down as far as advice goes [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

gl all

[/ QUOTE ]

You should...

Add NLNEWBIE to aim and msg him.
Msg him and talk aobut this
Chrush Micro and do good at SSNL if you continue to study

[img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
Old 09-13-2007, 07:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am betting all of those flops

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you saying that you almost always c-bet in a 3-bet pot - or that you c-bet all the given flops - but there are situations where you don't c-bet?

[ QUOTE ]
You should...

Add NLNEWBIE to aim and msg him.
Msg him and talk aobut this
Chrush Micro and do good at SSNL if you continue to study

[/ QUOTE ]

Added to AIM
Old 09-13-2007, 07:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Do you have a link to the original thread by any chance? I found his NL50 video, didn't know he had a NL25 as well.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the vids are here: Video Links

IStrong's 25NL Vid Thread is here: IStrong 25NL

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I am missing something, I didn't see Gelford's NL25 video when I originally compiled that page.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Unless I am missing something, I didn't see Gelford's NL25 video when I originally compiled that page.

[/ QUOTE ]

Under Micro Stakes he is like the 9th guy listed. Getting hsi vid to work was tricky. I had to dl it, compile it, then use a program called DivFix to play it on WMP.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Under Micro Stakes he is like the 9th guy listed. Getting hsi vid to work was tricky. I had to dl it, compile it, then use a program called DivFix to play it on WMP.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were saying that there was another NL25 video from Gelford. The one I have listed on that page is NL50.
Old 09-13-2007, 08:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I thought you were saying that there was another NL25 video from Gelford. The one I have listed on that page is NL50.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bah, yer right...if I said/inferred 25NL earlier I was not thinking straight, sorry.

Haha, sorry man...I am posting from work and didn't even see that it was you I was responding to. Like you wouldn't know what's on your page. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Closed Thread