Continue to do her doggystyle and hold your breath 27 24.32%
Try other positions and hope for the best 17 15.32%
Tell her to clean her ass 67 60.36%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 02:04 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: July(LC/NC)**

[ QUOTE ]

Well image (balance) is not useless at the micros, but you need to be picky about where you apply it.

Clueless calling station fish and non-thinking massively multitabling regs are not your target.

Thinking regs and macho/non-calling station fish are your target, and those exist also at the micros.

But yeah, it took me ages to make all of this work, but it does take hand reading abilities, and without those, it is all useless and spewing.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is kind of frustrating how quickly/often tables get broken up at microstakes..... I think this is the hardest adjustment when moving from 50nl all the way to 1000nl, is at 50nl and below you get virtually no experience in deep stack poker, so their are a lot of holes in your game you never realize, or I guess you can choose to avoid deep stack poker at higher levels....

but what I quoted is a really good point I think a lot of people miss, table image and table texture and choosing which tables to be more aggressive at/tighter at/ choosing which opponents to run bluffs again is kind of something I think your mind just picks up over time, there are times when I just know its good to bluff, i'm not saying it always works out, I do get looked up and look really dumb from time to time......... but its something to consider, this is a hand from last night, I don't think a lot of people make this move..... but at the time with my history with villain it just felt really really right...

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($60.30)
BB ($100.60)
UTG ($190.05)
Hero ($120.10)
CO ($53.25)
Button ($27.05)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises to $2</font>, Hero calls $2, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($6.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $5</font>, Hero calls $5, Button folds.

Turn: ($16.75) J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">UTG bets $12.5</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $30</font>, UTG calls $17.50.

River: ($76.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $83.1 (All-In)</font>, UTG folds.

Final Pot: $159.85

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
Hero has 5d 4d (one pair, queens).
Outcome: Hero wins $159.85. </font>
Old 07-10-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

lol Gelford, what % of players do you estimate that you come across are the type that you define as the type to be reasonably bluffable at times? Do you think this % decreases the lower you go down in limits because of the fact that usually the higher the stakes are, the more people are willing to focus on what is at risk and try to play hands as best they can.

[/ QUOTE ]

You miss my point. We are not really ultimately trying to bluff and earn money bluffing.

The ultimate goal is to open peoples calling ranges, by making them think you are FOS all the time and thus being able to get some valuebets in with made hands.

This is the biggest missunderstanding about LAG vs TAG play.

LAGs quite often are actually valuebetting (thin often, but still valuebetting)

While TAGs are forced to bluff a lot (double barrels etc) in order to protect themselves.

/end Gelford balancing lecture ... or whatever this is. (dinner time, so no aim either [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )
Old 07-10-2007, 02:07 PM

Gelford, Netstorm, SSDEX, I'm going to have to ask you guys to refrain from posting so that I can get some work done and show my boss what I've done so far today... ZIP IT! lol
Old 07-10-2007, 02:12 PM

ssdex,

the play you just made in that hand has nothing to do with the hand you were holding. As this discussing went on, I have changed my mind a bit about whether or not 43s is profitable or not. I think its a grey area. I just dont like the fact that you are doing this UTG, and calling 3bets with them. VS. villains who you have history with, or you have a strong read, ANY two cards can win.

i.e. :

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $147.12
BB: $157.08
UTG: $49.85
MP: $264.27
CO: $33.37
Hero (BTN): $110.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $3.00

Flop: ($8.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $20.00</font>, Hero calls $14.00

Turn: ($48.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $32.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $86.85</font>, BB folds
Uncalled bet of $54.85 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $112.50
Old 07-10-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Gelford, Netstorm, SSDEX, I'm going to have to ask you guys to refrain from posting so that I can get some work done and show my boss what I've done so far today... ZIP IT! lol

[/ QUOTE ]

lol real jobs suck, I was thinking last night that once I reach supernova (sometime in august), that I could just quit my job.... but I guess if I wanted to play poker for a living I woulda started that a long time ago when the games were a lot easier

Ive also done absolutely nothing at work today
Old 07-10-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
ssdex,

the play you just made in that hand has nothing to do with the hand you were holding. As this discussing went on, I have changed my mind a bit about whether or not 43s is profitable or not. I think its a grey area. I just dont like the fact that you are doing this UTG, and calling 3bets with them. VS. villains who you have history with, or you have a strong read, ANY two cards can win.

i.e. :

Party Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $147.12
BB: $157.08
UTG: $49.85
MP: $264.27
CO: $33.37
Hero (BTN): $110.85

Preflop: Hero is dealt 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $4.00</font>, SB folds, BB calls $3.00

Flop: ($8.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (2 Players)
BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $6.00</font>, <font color="red">BB raises to $20.00</font>, Hero calls $14.00

Turn: ($48.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">BB bets $32.00</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $86.85</font>, BB folds
Uncalled bet of $54.85 returned to Hero

Pot Size: $112.50

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess somewhere when people started flaming me in the argument it got carried away:

I do not always call 43s oop to 3bets
In the original hand I called it in position
If I decide to be aggressive at a table, or continue to be aggressive at a table where people are playing back at me a lot, I have to call sometimes, 43s just rubs me better in position then other hands to call a 3bet with, some wont feel comforatlbe with this, im not advocating you try it if your not used to it, you'll lose a lot of $, but its profitable for me
Also at some tables Im just trying to double up, I dont mind stacking off once to get to 200bb's, its like a rebuy tourney.... I want to win the 400bb pot off of the fish, its worth the initial 100bb I lose. At the time there was a 53/47 with ~400bb stack, I really really wanted chips.
But yes, If I am playing (22-19)-16, then I am raising sc's utg.

I just thought villains call in that hand was really really funny, and I thought it was even funnier that I lost the hand
Old 07-10-2007, 02:24 PM

for those of you that use cardrunners

how does it work?

don't you have to pay for the videos now?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:30 PM

I think my heart stopped at some point

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.10/$0.25 Blinds - 4 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $44.80
BB: $28.15
Hero (UTG): $62.65
BTN: $27.90

Preflop: Hero is dealt A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (4 Players)
<font color="red">Hero raises to $1.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $3.00</font>, BB calls $2.75, <font color="red">Hero raises to $13.00</font>, <font color="red">SB raises all-in to $44.80</font>, BB folds, Hero calls $31.80

Flop: ($92.60) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Turn: ($92.60) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($92.60) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $92.60 ($2 Rake)

SB had 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Nines) and LOST (-$44.80)
Hero had A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (a flush, Ace high) and WON (+$45.80)
Old 07-10-2007, 02:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think my heart stopped at some point

[/ QUOTE ]

was it the flop?
Old 07-10-2007, 02:34 PM

Is this spew against a 93/45? He folded to cbets a couple times and the insta-call on the flop made me think he is drawing.

EverestPoker Game #1786588577: Table Muscat-56 - $0.15/$0.25 - No Limit Hold'em - 18:17:17 - 2007/07/10
Seat 2: SB ($21.10)
Seat 3: BB ($26.65)
Seat 4: UTG ($30.76)
Seat 5: MP ($39.82)
Seat 6: CO ($29.55)
Seat 1: Hero ($25.25)

*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to Hero[K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]]
UTG folds, MP calls $0.25, CO folds, <font color="red">Hero (Button) raises to $1.25</font>, 2 folds, <font color="green">MP calls $1.00</font>.

*** FLOP *** ($2.85) [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.90</font>, <font color="green">MP (insta-)calls $1.90</font>.

*** TURN *** ($6.35) [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
MP checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $5.00</font>, <font color="green">MP calls $5.00</font>.

*** RIVER *** ($15.90) [9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]] [8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
MP checks, Hero checks.

*** SHOW DOWN ***
<font color="white">MP shows [Ts Qd]
Hero shows [Ks 8s]

MP collects $15.90</font>
Closed Thread