Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2007, 03:02 AM

Default Re: **Official** uNL Microbrew Thread - October

[ QUOTE ]
A question for all you stars NL50 players. I moved to FTP for rakeback but the softwear [censored] me, how important do you think rakeback is and how are the stars 50nl games/

[/ QUOTE ]

Rakeback wise, it's an issue of how much volume you play. For casaul players FT RB > Stars FPPs. For regulars who play enough hands to move up the VIp levels they become similar and I think that for SuperNovas on stars it might be better than FT RB if you can acheive one or two of the milestone bonuses.

Player pool wise- I haven't played on FT for ages but I can't imagine there is a huge difference between the two. Its 50nl man, if you even practice the smallest bit of game selection you should be able to find plenty of good games on either site.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:27 AM

Before I pushed, I told myself. "Fold. You've been here many times before. They always have it. You just wrote a Poo Bah post saying to fold the non-nuts in these situations. You wrote the post about combinatorics. You know better."

Then I push anyway.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (6 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

SB ($33.30)
BB ($51.50)
UTG ($50)
Hero ($45.80)
CO ($79.60)
Button ($59.95)

Preflop: Hero is MP with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $2, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>.

Flop: ($4.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3.5</font>, Button calls $3.50.

Turn: ($11.75) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $9</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $18</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $40.3</font>, Button calls $22.30.

River: ($92.35) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $92.35

Hero has Qs Kd (two pair, kings and queens).
Button has Js 9c (straight, king high).
Outcome: Button wins $92.35.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:32 AM

reviewing my sessions, it is petty remarkable how rarely people raise postflop. I mean it's really rare. Yeah once ina blue moon you'll have a session where you get c/r'd alot on flops but those are rare. As an example, over the past 2 days (5k hands) I was raised postflop 7 times. That's it. I bet if people counted how many times this happens in a session they would be pretty surprised.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:06 AM

dero what are you doing in uNl if you dont mind my asking?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:11 AM

First session of NLHE in a few months, NL25:

Old 10-11-2007, 06:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
reviewing my sessions, it is petty remarkable how rarely people raise postflop. I mean it's really rare. Yeah once ina blue moon you'll have a session where you get c/r'd alot on flops but those are rare. As an example, over the past 2 days (5k hands) I was raised postflop 7 times. That's it. I bet if people counted how many times this happens in a session they would be pretty surprised.

[/ QUOTE ]

That hand is funny Der. I know exactly what you mean. Your brain is saying "don't do it, don't do it, don't do it", and your finger is going "must press shove button, must press shove button".

One of the best posts I've ever read on 2+2 was about the subconscious mind (can't find link just now): it basically said something along the lines that once you have seen a certain large number of hands, your brain - maybe somehwere in the very back of it - subconsciously knows what to do in every situation simply because it has seen that exact spot so often. Unfortunately, we often don't listen to that little voice and instead become confused, thinking stupid things like "I'm slightly ahead of his range here". Bah. Bull. When you are beat, that little voice is right and you are beat, and never mind his range or anything else.

On the raising point, that is very intersting, I have never noticed it. I must keep an eye on it today. Certainly, if what you say is true it would confirm something we should know: that players at our stakes are so rarely "making moves" that not folding to heat with anything other than our money hands (say, AT VERY LEAST 2p) is dumb, dumb, dumb.

I've been thinking about this an awful lot recently - trying to play PURELY for value. Basically, hardly ever continuing once you meet aggression (from sane opponants), never bluffing, never making hero calls, never 3b light etc. This was brought home to me by the recent BBV post from the guy running 10ptbb/100 over 100k hands of 200NL (or was it 400NL?) playing I think something like 20/10/2. Typical TAGfish. Fold when guys are betting, bet when you have 2p+ and there's no other danger out there.

I sometimes think we overcomplicate this game.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You obviously don't play on FTP.
Old 10-11-2007, 06:47 AM

lol i know.. i get check raised a ton by tags with air who take their shot then shut down.

I can't seem to motivate myself to play unless I'm trying to get unstuck... I played 5400 hands the one day when I lost a ton.. and when I'm having a winning day, I'll win 100-150 and be like hmm, nice day guess I'll quit.

Anyone have any motivational help?
Old 10-11-2007, 06:50 AM

After more than a day of not hitting anything at all and loosing a buy in or 2 on tilt on top of 2 lost by suckouts and bleeding because of failing cbets, it feels great to win a few buy ins in half an hour.

Flopping well against calling stations helps a lot. And so does not bluffing.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone want to hear more from Fletcher...like a mini-Well inside the Brew? I think his achievements are remarkable (albeit, on a sample below 100k hands).

Fletcher - are you on for it?

If so start with:
&gt; What's your poker story?
&gt; What was your poker Eureka! moment?
&gt; What are the rest of us doing wrong that we are swilling around here while you zoom ahead?

[/ QUOTE ]

if there is enough interest why doesnt he do a well.

[/ QUOTE ]

might wanna PM him?

&gt;You don't appear to play for volume. At uNL do you feel Volume is more important than less tables? If not, why not?
&gt;How many hands have you played lifetime? Lifetime stats+graph?
Closed Thread