Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2007, 05:04 PM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

one thing no one has mentioned, yet i thought was the key in the game, was josh howard's 2nd missed ft that barnes smacked out of bounds. if barnes rebounds it, they have 1 more TO and are down 2 w/ baron still on the court.

i thought that (there was no tainted officiallizing involved there, too) that one play was why the warriors lost and mavericks won. anyway, this is far from over, i cant wait till game 6.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, I've really liked the Warriors this series, but this is why they lost.

3:20 Baron Davis makes 24-foot three point jumper 112-103
2:45 Matt Barnes misses 23-foot three point jumper 112-106
2:17 Dirk Nowitzki blocks Matt Barnes's layup 112-106
1:38 Jason Richardson misses 11-foot jumper 112-109
0:59 Stephen Jackson misses 20-foot jumper 112-111
0:31 Mickael Pietrus misses 22-foot three point jumper 112-113
0:21 Jason Richardson misses 23-foot three point jumper 112-113
0:08 Matt Barnes misses three point jumper 112-116
0:04 Jason Richardson misses 25-foot three point jumper 112-118

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the criticism of Golden State on slowing down the game at the end. That wasn't a bad game. A good team is supposed to be able to do that. Reggie Miller and Don Nelson know a hell of lot more about the game than anyone on here and they know it was the right thing to do. The problem is execution.

The shot at 2:45 by Matt Barnes was wide open. How can you criticize that? They hit those shots the entire game. The shot at 2:17 was a drive towards the basket. Stephen Jackson's one-on-one shot was the only one I didn't understand. That's the best shot he could get under the circumstances? The last two shots were desperation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never meant to criticize GS for slowing the game down. I did, however, say that the reason they lost had a lot to do with what I posted. Let me make this a little easier:

2:45 Matt Barnes misses
2:17 Dirk Nowitzki blocks Matt Barnes's
1:38 Jason Richardson misses
0:59 Stephen Jackson misses
0:31 Mickael Pietrus misses
0:21 Jason Richardson misses
0:08 Matt Barnes misses
0:04 Jason Richardson misses

Clearer?

And RJ, you say that Dallas got 10 free throws to your 0 (however it was actually 9-0) during the last 3 minutes, but 6 of those were during the last 21 seconds during obvious foul-to-stay-in-the-game time.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, I've really liked the Warriors this series, but this is why they lost.

3:20 Baron Davis makes 24-foot three point jumper 112-103
2:45 Matt Barnes misses 23-foot three point jumper 112-106
2:17 Dirk Nowitzki blocks Matt Barnes's layup 112-106
1:38 Jason Richardson misses 11-foot jumper 112-109
0:59 Stephen Jackson misses 20-foot jumper 112-111
0:31 Mickael Pietrus misses 22-foot three point jumper 112-113
0:21 Jason Richardson misses 23-foot three point jumper 112-113
0:08 Matt Barnes misses three point jumper 112-116
0:04 Jason Richardson misses 25-foot three point jumper 112-118

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the criticism of Golden State on slowing down the game at the end. That wasn't a bad game. A good team is supposed to be able to do that. Reggie Miller and Don Nelson know a hell of lot more about the game than anyone on here and they know it was the right thing to do. The problem is execution.

The shot at 2:45 by Matt Barnes was wide open. How can you criticize that? They hit those shots the entire game. The shot at 2:17 was a drive towards the basket. Stephen Jackson's one-on-one shot was the only one I didn't understand. That's the best shot he could get under the circumstances? The last two shots were desperation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never meant to criticize GS for slowing the game down. I did, however, say that the reason they lost had a lot to do with what I posted. Let me make this a little easier:

2:45 Matt Barnes misses
2:17 Dirk Nowitzki blocks Matt Barnes's
1:38 Jason Richardson misses
0:59 Stephen Jackson misses
0:31 Mickael Pietrus misses
0:21 Jason Richardson misses
0:08 Matt Barnes misses
0:04 Jason Richardson misses

Clearer?

And RJ, you say that Dallas got 10 free throws to your 0 (however it was actually 9-0) during the last 3 minutes, but 6 of those were during the last 21 seconds during obvious foul-to-stay-in-the-game time.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was only using your post as a reference point, not to criticize it. Execution was the problem down the stretch, obviously, not the refs or slowing down the game.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
one thing no one has mentioned, yet i thought was the key in the game, was josh howard's 2nd missed ft that barnes smacked out of bounds. if barnes rebounds it, they have 1 more TO and are down 2 w/ baron still on the court.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, but Baron fouled out on the play where Howard was shooting.

0:21 112-113 Josh Howard defensive rebound
0:21 Baron Davis personal foul (Josh Howard draws the foul) 112-113
0:21 Monta Ellis enters the game for Baron Davis 112-113
0:21 112-114 Josh Howard makes free throw 1 of 2
0:21 112-114 Josh Howard misses free throw 2 of 2
0:20 112-114 Dallas offensive rebound
0:18 Matt Barnes personal foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul) 112-114
0:18 112-115 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 2
0:18 112-116 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 2 of 2
Old 05-02-2007, 05:11 PM

Someone explain the bad blood history between Cuban and Nellie.
I read Marc Stein's blog with a Cuban interview and it sounded like Cuban couldn't stand the guy.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
yeah I am seriously wondering if PITT actually watches basketball on a semi-regular basis.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont know what made you wonder this, but the answer is yes. the fact that ive referenced many past playoff series might have been a clue. but hey, we have no other way to prove our point but exaggerate amirite?

also, someone writing an essay on why i suck for pointing out that someone using hyperbole to the extreme was retarded. of course i know it was hyperbole, but i am [censored] sick of people having no means to support their point other than just making things up or exaggerating. i mean down the stretch it was "no the refs blew no calls". then after the game it was "well, your 2 best players got ejected AGAIN both on bad calls, you should have had 3 free throws with 21 seconds left, but ya know, you shouldnt have blown the game". and this was mavericks fans, admitting the refs blew calls, yet im crazy for being upset we get into the playoffs once in 15 years and the refs blow it for us down the stretch(note: ive admitted many times that we blew it too). no. thats not how it works. it is on us to play our asses off, but it isnt on us to not get 2 of our players ejected for the mistake of certain referees. i am just shocked that the ref hasnt been given the joey crawford treatment. i guess if we were the spurs and stephen jackson was a little more of a superstar than david stern might do something. but im sure he will just talk about stephen jacksons history and say that justifies him getting ejected for clapping while not facing the official. it really doesnt matter. the refs can do what they want and we will probably have to suffer again. but this is why im frustrated, because it never ends. Thats the way the nba is. and it sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

You don't get it. The two ejections were (1) Baron's fault for going for the steal in an obvious intentional foul situation and (2) Irrevelant because SJ got kicked out with 8 seconds left and the game over. Stop whining. The refs didn't screw your team. They just played poorly down the stretch and Dallas stepped it up.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:12 PM

OMG, you're so biased it's ridiculous. Baron Davis got ejected on a routine call that would be called on a random player 99.9% of the time in that situation. If you make a wild swipe at the ball with less than 24 seconds remaining when you're behind, the ref's going to assume it's an intentional foul.

It was by no means a bad call, and despite what you may believe, it didn't change the game much. According to 82games.com, when Baron Davis was at his absolute peak during the playoffs this year, he was 15.4 points better than a replacement player would be over 48 minutes. So how much does missing 20 seconds cost his team? 0.11 points. Somehow, I doubt that was the key factor in the game.

As for Stephen Jackson, by the time he got ejected the Mavs were already at the line shooting free throws that would make it a two possession game with under 20 seconds, so his ejection not only didn't cost Golden State the game, it was completely meaningless. The Mavs outplayed Golden State last night. Period. End of story. Golden State still gets two more chances to beat them, and if they do, great, they'll get a chance to play Utah or Houston in the second round, but honestly, I don't see it happening.
Old 05-02-2007, 05:13 PM

Am I the only one who thinks Dallas is gonna need a monster game from either Stack or Dirk in order to win Game 6..and by monster I mean 35+ points
Old 05-02-2007, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"the last call on Baron was a bad one but I don't think it has any effect on the outcome of the game"

so losing your best player, whos been playing out of his mind all series, and is unconscious from 3, for the most important possession of the game has no effect?

[/ QUOTE ]

when the Warriors got the ball back they were down 4 with 17 seconds left. Whether it was Baron Davis fouling there or someone else, the game was pretty much over.

[/ QUOTE ]

OK this is flat wrong. Watch more basketball.

[/ QUOTE ]

0:21 Baron Davis personal foul (Josh Howard draws the foul) 112-113
0:21 Monta Ellis enters the game for Baron Davis 112-113
0:21 112-114 Josh Howard makes free throw 1 of 2
0:21 112-114 Josh Howard misses free throw 2 of 2
0:20 112-114 Dallas offensive rebound
0:18 Matt Barnes personal foul (Dirk Nowitzki draws the foul) 112-114
0:18 112-115 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 1 of 2
0:18 112-116 Dirk Nowitzki makes free throw 2 of 2
0:17 112-116 Jason Terry personal foul (Jason Richardson draws the foul)

which part exactly was "flat wrong"?
Old 05-02-2007, 05:17 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
rj you still haven't address tuq's reply about GS's lack of freethrows and why it happens. curious about your thoughts on that.

[/ QUOTE ]

well he chalked a lot of it up to us being a poor team in the past, which is fine. but really, its like the people who conclude poker isnt rigged because aces were dealt as many times as kings. If you actually watch our games you would see the distribution of the fouls was just ridiculously skewed towards the other team at the end of the game.

note. im not saying poker is rigged. just the nba, and only to a certain extent. note that anyone who says "this kind of [censored] happens all the time in the nba" is making the same argument, just without accusing anyone of anything and just letting the ridiculous biased officiating slide.