Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you add to your tip after your co-victor out-tipped you?
Yes 2 4.08%
No 47 95.92%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August**

This morning I cashed out my roll. I just snapped and quit cold turkey out of nowhere. I realized I don't have the emotional control to play a consistent winning game nor do I have the stamina to play long sessions. I'll still probably hang around 2p2 though, maybe deposit again and start grinding with a clear-head, but for now I really can't deal with the stress. There's other things in my life that need attention right now, which is probably why my game has suffered. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and hate myself for doing it but.. I think it's necessary for my own sanity.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just completed my first 20NL session on prima, was quite nervous and played a bit nitty, but managed to run pretty breakeven and finished up half a BI.

I did about 250 hands, and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to do a session review for me as it is my first shot at 20NL. If you pm me your email I can send you the HH. I am not sure what I can offer in return, as my advice is probably not yet too valuable, but I would think very highly of anyone who would be kind enough to do this for me.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If you send it now, i will look through it. Have 30-45 minutes or so.
Old 08-14-2007, 10:11 AM

Same villain.
Bidding starts at $1 [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

Hero (SB): $52.25
BB: $54.30
UTG: $54.15
MP: $50.00
CO: $64.40
BTN: $97.15

Preflop: Hero is dealt K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
3 folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $1.75</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.00</font>, BB calls $5.50, BTN calls $4.25

Flop: ($18) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $13.00</font>, BB folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $57.00</font>, Hero calls all-in for $33.25
Uncalled bet of $10.75 returned to BTN

Turn: ($110.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($110.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $110.50 ($3 Rake)

BTN had 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Sixes) and LOST (-$52.25)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (three of a kind, Kings) and WON (+$55.25)

Full Tilt Poker - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.25/$0.50 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $124.75
Hero (BB): $50.00
UTG: $106.65
MP: $48.15
CO: $29.35
BTN: $66.00

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG folds, <font color="red">MP raises to $1.75</font>, 2 folds, SB calls $1.50, <font color="red">Hero raises to $7.00</font>, MP calls $5.25, SB calls $5.25

Flop: ($21) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (3 Players)
SB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $13.50</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $61.50</font>, Hero calls all-in for $29.50
Uncalled bet of $18.50 returned to SB

Turn: ($107) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

River: ($107) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 1 All-In)

Pot Size: $107.00 ($3 Rake)

SB had J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Threes full of Tens) and LOST (-$50.00)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a full house, Threes full of Jacks) and WON (+$54.00)
Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 AM

Nice.

What is your sn?
Old 08-14-2007, 10:12 AM

-
Old 08-14-2007, 10:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
This morning I cashed out my roll. I just snapped and quit cold turkey out of nowhere. I realized I don't have the emotional control to play a consistent winning game nor do I have the stamina to play long sessions. I'll still probably hang around 2p2 though, maybe deposit again and start grinding with a clear-head, but for now I really can't deal with the stress. There's other things in my life that need attention right now, which is probably why my game has suffered. I'll probably wake up tomorrow and hate myself for doing it but.. I think it's necessary for my own sanity.

[/ QUOTE ]

kinda sucks but sounds like you probably made the right choice. I use to have a lot of trouble w/ emotions w/ the game myself, and still do sometimes. But lettin them take over obv affects the way you play.
Old 08-14-2007, 11:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just completed my first 20NL session on prima, was quite nervous and played a bit nitty, but managed to run pretty breakeven and finished up half a BI.

I did about 250 hands, and was wondering if anyone would be kind enough to do a session review for me as it is my first shot at 20NL. If you pm me your email I can send you the HH. I am not sure what I can offer in return, as my advice is probably not yet too valuable, but I would think very highly of anyone who would be kind enough to do this for me.

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

If you send it now, i will look through it. Have 30-45 minutes or so.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just got back from delivering a BBQ, is the offer still open, if so can you pm me your e-mail.

Thanks
Old 08-14-2007, 12:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i did this about a month ago. come back to the game when you're ready to play clear-headed and without emotion.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
diceman, im itakemytime. you may have seen me donking it up before. ive played with you a few times.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've seen you. dont think we have tangled though. i only have like 100 hands on you or so.
Old 08-14-2007, 12:20 PM

this past month Ive gotten a million times better at poker, even though I still suck and tilt sometimes. With a little more work and discipline I'll be out of microstakes in no time.

Closed Thread