Continue to do her doggystyle and hold your breath 27 24.32%
Try other positions and hope for the best 17 15.32%
Tell her to clean her ass 67 60.36%
Voters: 111. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-10-2007, 12:45 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: July(LC/NC)**

[ QUOTE ]
first of all, my $ is never getting in a pot I don't have terrific equity in or a great read in, secondly 4betting is an option sometimes, but we can run it all week, ill give you pairs under 8's utg and ill take 43s and I will never fold to a 3bet and I bet I will end up making more $ then all the times you just raise/fold when u get 3bet with under 8's, b/c you wont 4bet them, and if you do thats just bad, b/c most hands I 3bet, unless its super light, i'm willing to felt for under 100bb's........... A hand from like 20 hands later

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($67.85)
Button ($142.35)
SB ($44.70)
BB ($47.75)
UTG ($96.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, Button calls $11.

Flop: ($36.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $33</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $69.75

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins $69.75. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

sry man but you dont know what youre talking about. 43s is 72o here
Old 07-10-2007, 12:47 PM

Wow I'm running hot, I should sign up for one of those tournaments tonight, I'll surely take it down :P

p.s. party is offering me a great bonus:

15% up to $100 8x the bonus amount in pp.

I get party points 3 times faster, does that make it a 2.6xpp bonus, or do the bonus point not count towards the wagering requirement?
Old 07-10-2007, 12:49 PM

The whole point of the post was to point out a basic flaw in most microstakes understanding of 6max, point::

Every single one of you will advocate raising any PP utg.... I don't really think you understand why you do this, except for i'm going to
a) im raising to steal the blinds
b) im raising to build the pot when I flop a set

Every single one of you is tossing 8's or worse when you get 3bet, why the hell raise pp's utg then? this is super exploitable....

so why raise 43s utg? because its just a better play then raising any pair under 8's
a) you steal the same as any pocket pair
b) you build the pot for flopping a big hand just like a cet
c) you can call 3bets much more profitably then any pair b/c you dont have to c/f non set flops

but im sure this is above any of your understandings of UTG play......... jesus, go ask any of the big players who have made a killing off hands like 43s, this is why it is a popular hand for "favorite hand"

and im not only felting 2 pair, or trips or anything like that, lots of combo draws, lots of times I can outplay people after the flop
Old 07-10-2007, 12:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
first of all, my $ is never getting in a pot I don't have terrific equity in or a great read in, secondly 4betting is an option sometimes, but we can run it all week, ill give you pairs under 8's utg and ill take 43s and I will never fold to a 3bet and I bet I will end up making more $ then all the times you just raise/fold when u get 3bet with under 8's, b/c you wont 4bet them, and if you do thats just bad, b/c most hands I 3bet, unless its super light, i'm willing to felt for under 100bb's........... A hand from like 20 hands later

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

Hero ($67.85)
Button ($142.35)
SB ($44.70)
BB ($47.75)
UTG ($96.65)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $2</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $7</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $18</font>, Button calls $11.

Flop: ($36.75) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $33</font>, Button folds.

Final Pot: $69.75

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
No showdown. Hero wins $69.75. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

sry man but you dont know what youre talking about. 43s is 72o here

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew i could pot and get a fold 95% from particular villain, history is very important here......... just pointing out I was capable of 4betting it in the right scenario.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:53 PM

good luck playing 43s profitably OOP in a three bet pot

also, I'm logging out of 2+2 and quitting poker b/c I don't raise 43s UTG

BYE
Old 07-10-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
good luck playing 43s profitably OOP in a three bet pot

also, I'm logging out of 2+2 and quitting poker b/c I don't raise 43s UTG

BYE

[/ QUOTE ]

this is why I hate posting here, I make a good argument, with valid points, and all of you are so hard headed you miss a good piece of advice, please don't waste my time with responses like this, it has no merit, its fine really, I wont bother making strategy posts anymore, especially one that when considered makes a little bit of sense

raising 43s utg is better/more profitable then any pair under 8's if your folding them to 3bets, even if your calling 3bets with them, like always........... if its not, then please, with some poker theory, explain to me why its not, dont just tell me its bad and increases variance... thats not an argument
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM

I didn't think this deserved its own thread but I'm confused. BTN was raising like every hand, so I figured GOD DAMN IT HE'S NOT WINNING THIS HAND, so I called. To my surprise, UTG called too. Did I play this hand good or should I have just shoved preflop?

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.50/$1 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker HH Converter)

SB: $207.10
Hero (BB): $169.90
UTG: $104.10
MP: $95.45
CO: $108.85
BTN: $197.05

Preflop: Hero is dealt 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (6 Players)
UTG calls $1.00, MP calls $1.00, CO folds, <font color="red">BTN raises to $6.00</font>, SB folds, Hero calls $5.00, UTG calls $5.00, MP folds

Flop: ($19.50) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (3 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $14.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises to $28.00</font>, BTN folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $49.00</font>, <font color="red">UTG raises all-in to $98.10</font>, Hero calls $49.10
Old 07-10-2007, 01:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The whole point of the post was to point out a basic flaw in most microstakes understanding of 6max, point::

Every single one of you will advocate raising any PP utg.... I don't really think you understand why you do this, except for i'm going to
a) im raising to steal the blinds
b) im raising to build the pot when I flop a set

Every single one of you is tossing 8's or worse when you get 3bet, why the hell raise pp's utg then? this is super exploitable....

so why raise 43s utg? because its just a better play then raising any pair under 8's
a) you steal the same as any pocket pair
b) you build the pot for flopping a big hand just like a cet
c) you can call 3bets much more profitably then any pair b/c you dont have to c/f non set flops

but im sure this is above any of your understandings of UTG play......... jesus, go ask any of the big players who have made a killing off hands like 43s, this is why it is a popular hand for "favorite hand"

and im not only felting 2 pair, or trips or anything like that, lots of combo draws, lots of times I can outplay people after the flop

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored]. I can and have called small PP's OOP. Just as with your godlike hand 43s, you can c/r, bluff, float or w/e. Its all about the reads. But that doesnt take away that you are opening a marginal hand OOP.

EDIT: Im also pretty sure high stakes players wouldnt this at the microstakes
Old 07-10-2007, 01:06 PM

ssdex,

i think i am right in saying that a small pair performs slightly better in terms of all in equity against a typical 3betting range than 43s. It's also easier to play. But I could be wrong.

High stakes players lose with SCs in EP apparently (if someone could link to that thread I'd be very greatful).
Old 07-10-2007, 01:07 PM

Kabouter... it means standard Party Points, not bonus ones.
I got the same bonus offer, but didnt take it because after all the hassle I probably make almost that much in RB at UB in the same # of hands.
Closed Thread