Old 10-06-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: getting myself into trouble again

[ QUOTE ]
No significant reads.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.15/$0.30 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players
LegoPoker Hand History Converter

SB: $64.90
Hero (BB): $61.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.20</font>, Hero

What's the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how aggro the villain is. If he likes to re-raise leads, I'd maybe 3-bet here.

If you don't have a reason to believe he's going to fold a lot, I would not 3-bet. You'll get called and then be in a more difficult spot going to the turn while cutting down on your implied odds.

So, I'd usually just call here. I'd call up to a PSB on the turn because you have a tonne of equity.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good question on the flop. I am trying to force myself to c-bet less because I do it way too often. This is probably a good c-bet spot though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what is more fun than c-betting less? Double barreling more! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Obv you have to pic your spots. I used to just not c-bet guys that call a lot of c-bets, but I've started to just continuously fire the 2nd barrel with some success so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

A little from column A. A little from column B.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Villain is crazy and 75/25 preflop.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.15/$0.30 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players

BB: $20.70
UTG: $31.25
CO: $12
Hero (BTN): $56.15
SB: $33.15

Pre-Flop: A A dealt to Hero (BTN)
2 folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $1.05</font>, SB calls $0.90, BB calls $0.75

Flop: ($3.15) 9 T 9 (3 Players)
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $2.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $5</font>, BB folds, Hero - What's the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

all in IMO

[/ QUOTE ]

Glad you weighed in FD.

I think the 3-bet is best here too but I couldn't find a raise size, considering what villain has behind, that makes any sense other than AI either.

[/ QUOTE ]

The factor I've been using to decide weather to 3-bet flops or call and get it in on the turn is by looking at the hand from the perspective of your villain and what worst hands he could stack off with.

Ie, on flops like this, people love their pps or any TP. So, if you had TP or a medium/small pp on this board how should you play it?

Well, if I had a pp, I'd certainly want to raise to protect my hand. I'm not going to like a lot of turn cards.

So, IMO it is best to 3-bet here. Essentially what you are doing is raising to protect the villains hand. You're not allowing any scare cards to hit and kill ur action.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Good question on the flop. I am trying to force myself to c-bet less because I do it way too often. This is probably a good c-bet spot though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You know what is more fun than c-betting less? Double barreling more! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Obv you have to pic your spots. I used to just not c-bet guys that call a lot of c-bets, but I've started to just continuously fire the 2nd barrel with some success so far.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check the stats on guys, there are definitely ones you should double barrel. Some almost always call a flop bet and will fold a turn quite often.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
No significant reads.

Full Tilt Poker, $0.15/$0.30 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 2 Players

SB: $64.90
Hero (BB): $61.30

Pre-Flop: K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] dealt to Hero (BB)
SB calls $0.15, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.60) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">Hero bets $0.60</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.20</font>, Hero

What's the plan?

[/ QUOTE ]

Depends on how aggro the villain is. If he likes to re-raise leads, I'd maybe 3-bet here.

If you don't have a reason to believe he's going to fold a lot, I would not 3-bet. You'll get called and then be in a more difficult spot going to the turn while cutting down on your implied odds.

So, I'd usually just call here. I'd call up to a PSB on the turn because you have a tonne of equity.

[/ QUOTE ]

I did call, but was thinking later because we're 200 BBs deep that 3-betting to build a big pot might be better in case I hit. I really dont have a great idea where im at in the hand at this point, but I might have 15 outs here.

Thoughts?
Old 10-06-2007, 03:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you check the stats on guys, there are definitely ones you should double barrel. Some almost always call a flop bet and will fold a turn quite often.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes I can see that I should be looking for spots to do this, especially in 200 BB games.
Old 10-06-2007, 03:50 PM

3 Barrelling w what is almost certainly air!

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: 2+2 Forums)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

UTG ($33.64)
Button ($24.15)
<font color="#C00000">SB ($19.52)</font>
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($25.47)</font>

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $1.25</font>, SB calls $1.

Flop: ($2.50) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $2</font>, SB calls $2.

Turn: ($6.50) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $5</font>, SB calls $5.

River: ($16.50) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

Final Pot: $16.50

I shoved the river: villain was TAG but I didn't read a good hand into his call of my PFR, he had done it before. 3rd time I've reraised from BB, first two times I showed down the best hand on river. I liked this board for 3 barrelling, and liked doing it against a TAG opponent, is this move OK?
Old 10-06-2007, 03:58 PM

You'll get 77-99 to fold, although I doubt that's what he has based on preflop.

He'll call with 56, fold 54. Obv never folding a T.

So, I really think your hand is actually good here a lot against a diamond draw. But, it's hard to c/c here (but, if I was really thinking, that's probably what I'd do).
Old 10-06-2007, 04:13 PM

My thinking was that he had a piece or a pair that didn't make trips. I want him to fold any 5 or 6 such as Axs (obv he's not folding 56, but he didn't raise me, so I doubt he has this) 44, 77, 88, which are a decent part of his range here. Obv I'm not getting any more value out of two overs. I think he definitely raises PF with 99+. As it happens he found the call with 88.
Old 10-06-2007, 04:24 PM

I'd argue he's not TAG. Unless you've been so active he decided 88 was a good hand to trap you and get 3 streets of value out of (unlikely).