Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2007, 02:07 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

right. ill be sure to say accurate things like refs decide .000000001% of games ever. my bad.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:08 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

the shots at :31 and :21 both missing ended the game imo.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, I've really liked the Warriors this series, but this is why they lost.

3:20 Baron Davis makes 24-foot three point jumper 112-103
2:45 Matt Barnes misses 23-foot three point jumper 112-106
2:17 Dirk Nowitzki blocks Matt Barnes's layup 112-106
1:38 Jason Richardson misses 11-foot jumper 112-109
0:59 Stephen Jackson misses 20-foot jumper 112-111
0:31 Mickael Pietrus misses 22-foot three point jumper 112-113
0:21 Jason Richardson misses 23-foot three point jumper 112-113
0:08 Matt Barnes misses three point jumper 112-116
0:04 Jason Richardson misses 25-foot three point jumper 112-118

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the criticism of Golden State on slowing down the game at the end. That wasn't a bad game. A good team is supposed to be able to do that. Reggie Miller and Don Nelson know a hell of lot more about the game than anyone on here and they know it was the right thing to do. The problem is execution.

The shot at 2:45 by Matt Barnes was wide open. How can you criticize that? They hit those shots the entire game. The shot at 2:17 was a drive towards the basket. Stephen Jackson's one-on-one shot was the only one I didn't understand. That's the best shot he could get under the circumstances? The last two shots were desperation.

[/ QUOTE ]

Richardson took several very ill-advised shots down the stretch.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I do think this thread has been kind of funny as far as the officiating goes, it resulted pretty much like this:

GS fans: Officials screwed us and are the reason we lost
Spurs fan (fallen hero): see above
Kings fan: see above

Dallas fans: Officials were standard, they aren't the reason GS lost
Unbiased poster (Homer and kidcolin that I can remember): Officials were standard, they aren't the reason GS lost

[/ QUOTE ]

kbfc (spurs fan): Officials were fine. The Baron 6th foul was bad, but jesus, he ran right at Dirk and started to hug him before backing off at the last second. The official who made the call was behind him, at it looked like any other of the 14325082394082 times someone intentionally fouls in that situation. That call was maybe a -0.1% EV difference in the game.

I have conflicted feelings about this series. I like the Warriors. When I was in school, I used to take BART down to the arena a bunch to catch games. This is when the team was 1 year away from being really good with Arenas and Jamison, but instead they threw them away in favor of Adonal Foyle and Mike Dunleavy. Regardless, the Warriors are always fun to watch, and the fans are pretty good for the most part (qualifier added to exclude PITTM).

That said, a Warriors win would going to cheapen the title for the Spurs. They really need to beat Dallas (they'll have to beat PHX too, but that's not as important to me). A GS-SA WCF would be atrocious. It would be a 4 game sweep, probably setting new records for point differential in a conference final. These playoffs have been great so far; I don't want it to turn to [censored] in later rounds.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol. Golden State was hardly "robbed." They [censored] blew it by taking horrible shots down the stretch and making turnovers.

[/ QUOTE ]

right. if you think j rich didnt get fouled and that baron fouled the mavs player i just dont know what to say. honestly i would think blindness would be a 100% requirement to think that.

[/ QUOTE ]havn't chimed in on this game yet, but I have no clue how anyone can complain about the Baron Davis foul. Its obviously a situation where the Warriors are looking to intentionally foul, and the refs know this. 99% of the time teams will slap wildly at the ball/arm figuring "Hey we need to foul anyway, might as well go for a steal and if we're called for a foul then so be it." Because of this officials absolutely have to call the foul as soon as possible to prevent possible injuries or fights. Moreover, it usually helps the fouling team for the ref to blow the whistle ASAP.

Its kinda like the double play in baseball where the guy doesn't actually touch 2nd base. If you're in the Warriors situation here, and you run at a guy with your arms out like Baron did, the refs are going to call a foul.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I was rooting for GS but your work in this thread has almost changed my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.

while watching sporting events with my friends i often say things like:

"man, i post on this message board on the internet and some guy on there is a warriors fan and i dont like the way he acts. boy i just cant root for the warriors anymore." just wow at that one.

and think of what we;ve lost. the support of some guy. this could be the fatal blow to knock us out of the series. give me a break dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you say you don't care, but I'm kind of in the same boat. I don't know what it is about Warriors fans, but on every message board I've been to during the playofs, they seem to be the most biased fans I've ever encountered....very strange. For a stark contrast, look at the post from the Denver fan "complaining" about the officials- his post was very well thought out and fair.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Man, I've really liked the Warriors this series, but this is why they lost.

3:20 Baron Davis makes 24-foot three point jumper 112-103
2:45 Matt Barnes misses 23-foot three point jumper 112-106
2:17 Dirk Nowitzki blocks Matt Barnes's layup 112-106
1:38 Jason Richardson misses 11-foot jumper 112-109
0:59 Stephen Jackson misses 20-foot jumper 112-111
0:31 Mickael Pietrus misses 22-foot three point jumper 112-113
0:21 Jason Richardson misses 23-foot three point jumper 112-113
0:08 Matt Barnes misses three point jumper 112-116
0:04 Jason Richardson misses 25-foot three point jumper 112-118

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the criticism of Golden State on slowing down the game at the end. That wasn't a bad game. A good team is supposed to be able to do that. Reggie Miller and Don Nelson know a hell of lot more about the game than anyone on here and they know it was the right thing to do. The problem is execution.

The shot at 2:45 by Matt Barnes was wide open. How can you criticize that? They hit those shots the entire game. The shot at 2:17 was a drive towards the basket. Stephen Jackson's one-on-one shot was the only one I didn't understand. That's the best shot he could get under the circumstances? The last two shots were desperation.

[/ QUOTE ]

The layup was fine. All the other attempts were GSW dribbling the ball around for 17 seconds then desperately trying to find someone who was open. That isn't GSW's style and is not how GSW came back from 21 points down.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:12 PM

Assani, its cause they don't know to act in the playoffs because THEY HAVEN'T BEEN THERE IN 15 FRICKEN YEARS! Its like white trash winning Powerball.
Old 05-02-2007, 03:18 PM

Quick question about the playoff rules.

Utah had a worse record than Houston, but they got the 4th seed for winning their division. Why does Houston get 4 home games then?
Old 05-02-2007, 03:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Assani, its cause they don't know to act in the playoffs because THEY HAVEN'T BEEN THERE IN 15 FRICKEN YEARS! Its like white trash winning Powerball.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol - nice analogy never heard it before [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

The end of GS-MAV is notable in my mind, because it's not often you clearly see playoff inexperience / team inexperience rear its ugly head so blatantly. Nothing against GS, it is what it is, but terrible execution and decision making in the final 3 cost them the game.

I think it's more like a coinflip Game 6. Also good to see Dirk step up.

-Al