Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is Hero's action?
Lead out and bet $4? 7 38.89%
Check/call villain's Cbet? 7 38.89%
Check/raise? Please reply with how much and why. 3 16.67%
Open fold? 1 5.56%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-02-2007, 01:30 PM

Default Re: The Bobbo\'s Predictions

[ QUOTE ]
j rich shooting 3 free throws changes that entire game sooooo much. as is, they shot 10, we shot 0. that had no hand in this?

[/ QUOTE ]
Last year the Suns set an NBA record for fewest free throw attempts in a season. Yet they made the WCF. But they didn't complain because their style without Amare had little to no inside/slashing component. Last night, down the stretch, Devin Harris repeatedly drove the lane and more or less jumped into guys to draw fouls, whereas GS dribbled 16 seconds off of the clock and then were forced to settle for some ill-advised three pointer or Matt Barnes 15 foot running bank shot.

I don't know why I'm bothering to explain this to you because you've demonstrated in the course of this thread that you can't be reasoned with, but in order to earn free throws you need to _get fouled_, and aside from a single questionable call (which I think was far from obvious) they didn't draw contact.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:37 PM

Dallas has got to be freaked about one key thing.

On the road against the best team in the league who are playing for their playoff lives...Dallas had a 21 point league against the Warriors...and they weren't even remotly fazed by it. It was like just a 6 point lead or something.

Yeah Dallas came back in the final 3 but that seemed more flukish than anything given Baron went out and GS seemed to lose their composure and just shoot desperation threes 24/7.

You do have to love Avery's utterly weak attempt to say that all the pressure if on GS now lol.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
right. ill be the first to admit the warriors didnt play optimally. but we got no calls at all in the last 3 minutes. the mavs got many. they shot 10 freethrows, we shot 0. it is just crap like that that has followed the warriors for years now.

[/ QUOTE ]

First of all RJ, there are a myriad of other reasons why the fouls were called the way they were, one reason could possibly be Ref bias, however if you want to believe that you are pretty gullable.

Baron's foul, which really had no effect on the outcome, is also a standard auto call because:
-It "occurred" in a situation where the team on defense is almost always fouling to stop clock and force free throws. I could easily see Baron thought process being "I have to foul...here I go...of crap I have 5 fouls....must stop momentum" He may have stopped in time, but the ref saw the intent and was ready to make a call.

Another reason GS is having tons of fouls called on them is because they are a young, inexperienced playoff team. Unless I am mistaken, only Jackson and Davis have playoff experience, and when one of your two playoff experienced players is Stephen Jackson, your team has problems. Dallas on the other hand is experienced and they remained composed down the stretch which is the SOP for the series thus far.

[ QUOTE ]
I cant even imagine what our foul shots vs opponents foul shots for the past 2-3 years has been. I wouldnt be surprised if it was like 2:1 ratioish. especially in the 4th quarter of close games. its pretty gross.

[/ QUOTE ] This is a ridiculous claim and one which you have no proof of. However, even if it was true, a major reason would be that GS has sucked and they had crappy players. Crappy players don't know how to play good D.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
PITT, maybe Dirk fouled JRich, but as I said earlier, the call on Baron should be a non issue. You are focusing on something which ultimately has little to do with the outcome.

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely. I didn't even realize people were complaining about the late foul on Baron at first (btw, it was a foul anyway, or at least he made it appear that he was trying to foul).

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly, it wasn't a bad call. When you make a "reach-around" steal like he did when you are down 1 with less than 24 seconds in the game, the referee assumes that you are intentionally fouling the other team. The referee gave Baron what he assumed he wanted, a foul and to send the other team to the free throw line. Someone mentioned earlier that Jordan or other greats wouldn't have gotten that call. It doesn't matter, because he wouldn't have done something that stupid at the end of the game. If you're the leader of the team and you have five fouls, you make sure that there are players on the floor that will intentionally foul.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Goddammit bitching and whining about the refs is so weak sauce.

I swear, you can't read any message board about ANY game that was close without some douchebag fan bitching about the refs.

The refs didn't cost GS the game, just as they do not decide the outcome of the game in 99.9999999999% of all games.

Please, just STFU. You sound like a bunch of four year olds. Waaaaaaa!
Old 05-02-2007, 02:00 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]

The refs didn't cost GS the game, just as they do not decide the outcome of the game in 99.9999999999% of all games.

[/ QUOTE ]

how on earth do people end up this wrong? if you really think that i would imagine you just dont watch sports. yes, officiating has changed exactly .00000000001% of games ever. wow.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

lol. Golden State was hardly "robbed." They [censored] blew it by taking horrible shots down the stretch and making turnovers.

[/ QUOTE ]

right. if you think j rich didnt get fouled and that baron fouled the mavs player i just dont know what to say. honestly i would think blindness would be a 100% requirement to think that.

[ QUOTE ]
I was rooting for GS but your work in this thread has almost changed my mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.

while watching sporting events with my friends i often say things like:

"man, i post on this message board on the internet and some guy on there is a warriors fan and i dont like the way he acts. boy i just cant root for the warriors anymore." just wow at that one.

and think of what we;ve lost. the support of some guy. this could be the fatal blow to knock us out of the series. give me a break dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

your team fell apart in the last 3 minutes and went ice cold. Now maybe if the refs had bailed them out by giving them calls that almost NEVER go to a road team in the playoffs then they might have pulled out a win.

but all the blame for the Warriors loss is on them. Stop shotting 22 foot threes and attack the basket. Just ask DWade who knows that if you go at the hoop you are a million times more likely to get a phantom or ticky tack call then if your shooting out 23 foot 3 pointer out of the corner.

If you guys go back to GS and you don't get a ton of calls vs. Mavs then you have a right to complain.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can't do anything but laugh at these posts you're responding to. I was busy last night, so I only casually watched the game. Since I DVR'd it, I went back and watched the last ten minutes. I didn't see anything but Dirk's non-call that was significantly bad. Imo, GS actually got all the breaks from the ten minute mark until they blew the game. Loose balls were going their way;margin calls went their way (like the loose ball foul after Baron hit the three), and they hit everything, including the off-balance, falling-away three that Baron hit. The refs didn't steal this game. Dallas took it away with Golden State helping by falling apart. Baron added to that with an idiotic non-intentional, intentional foul. (With 21 seconds left, don't you expect the ref is expecting you to intentional foul?)

Despite that, I would put my money on Golden State to win this tomorrow.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Please, just STFU. You sound like a bunch of four year olds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is this plural? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 05-02-2007, 02:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Please, just STFU. You sound like a bunch of four year olds.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is this plural? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is PITTM doing all the bitching? Then I guess he should STFU.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Man, I've really liked the Warriors this series, but this is why they lost.

3:20 Baron Davis makes 24-foot three point jumper 112-103
2:45 Matt Barnes misses 23-foot three point jumper 112-106
2:17 Dirk Nowitzki blocks Matt Barnes's layup 112-106
1:38 Jason Richardson misses 11-foot jumper 112-109
0:59 Stephen Jackson misses 20-foot jumper 112-111
0:31 Mickael Pietrus misses 22-foot three point jumper 112-113
0:21 Jason Richardson misses 23-foot three point jumper 112-113
0:08 Matt Barnes misses three point jumper 112-116
0:04 Jason Richardson misses 25-foot three point jumper 112-118

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't understand the criticism of Golden State on slowing down the game at the end. That wasn't a bad game. A good team is supposed to be able to do that. Reggie Miller and Don Nelson know a hell of lot more about the game than anyone on here and they know it was the right thing to do. The problem is execution.

The shot at 2:45 by Matt Barnes was wide open. How can you criticize that? They hit those shots the entire game. The shot at 2:17 was a drive towards the basket. Stephen Jackson's one-on-one shot was the only one I didn't understand. That's the best shot he could get under the circumstances? The last two shots were desperation.