Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

Feed her vodka!
Old 10-23-2007, 05:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
winston churchill on hitler and the fall of france:

"What General Weygand called the Battle of France is over. I expect that the Battle of Britain is about to begin. Upon this battle depends the survival of Christian civilization. Upon it depends our own British life, and the long continuity of our institutions and our Empire.

The whole fury and might of the enemy must very soon be turned on us. Hitler knows that he will have to break us in this Island or lose the war. If we can stand up to him, all Europe may be free and the life of the world may move forward into broad, sunlit uplands.

But if we fail, then the whole world, including the United States, including all that we have known and cared for, will sink into the abyss of a new Dark Age made more sinister, and perhaps more protracted, by the lights of perverted science.

Let us therefore brace ourselves to our duties, and so bear ourselves that, if the British Empire and its Commonwealth last for a thousand years, men will still say, "This was their finest hour."

full speech here

what a badass.

[/ QUOTE ]

how many frenchmen does it take to defend Paris?

Answer: None. Its never been done (Brit-sarcasm ftw!)
Old 10-23-2007, 06:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcasm?!?
Old 10-23-2007, 06:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GODDDDDDD

So today and tomorrow at work I'm doing new employee orientation. It's a two-day workshop type thing where we hear from a lot of execs talking about different parts of the company and corporate values etc etc. We've done a couple group activities, like run around our buildings on a scavenger hunt for diff people, and it's pretty chill. Most people are sales reps and they're all really outgoing and cool, which is kind of a change from the engineers I work with daily who I think tend to be more subdued socially, so it's been kinda fun so far.

So this is all fun and good, basically get to take two days off work to listen to a bunch of stuff, except...the girl sitting next to me is ABSOLUTELY PSYCHO. About a third of the people there don't work at our headquarters in the bay area so I don't know her or anything, but she was complaining (with a thick Russian accent) about how she can't get something set up on her laptop. Okay, cool, have fun with that. But like, during the Q&A sessions at the end of each speaker's talk, she'll like randomly turn to me (keep in mind I have done absolutely nothing the whole day to initiate any conversation w/ her) and be like "I have a midterm when I get back home and I only have three days to study for it and I have a paper I haven't started" and I kinda nod and smile like "WTF WHY DO YOU THINK I CARE." So far this only affects me, but then some poor dude who also has an accent and may or may not know her from before the orientation tries to help her w/ laptop problems during a break and she's practically yelling at the poor dude the whole time like IT JUST WON'T WORK, I HAVE NO TIME FOR THIS, I WAS CRYING ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY, I AM GOING TO BREAK DOWN AND CRY IF YOU CANNOT FIX IT, FIX IT, PLEASE, I CANNOT DO THIS ANYMORE etc etc, and pretty much everyone in the room (~50 people) can hear her, and we're all just kinda awkwardly looking away and staring at the ceiling.

This continues in the lunch line, where she's standing with the same dude again and going off about her laptop and getting pretty loud and animated. This continues unabated as he starts working on her laptop again until finally they leave together to go take it to IT or something. As soon as she walks out of the room, one of the other guys at the table I was talking to stops mid-sentence to quietly say "OH MY [censored] GOD."

And yeah, I'm the one guy in the room that has to [censored] sit next to her. Just now (before I took a trip over to my cubicle to write this and basically get out of that [censored] room) after she left one of the people running the workshop came over and asked if the nametag on her seat belonged to her, so I'm desperately hoping that this is indicative of some kind of action being taken against her.

And no, she's not hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pay someone you know near the door to switch seats with you under the pretense that you may get get called into a meeting momentarily.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This year Im being the egg while all my friends are being sperm, and they are gonna bump into me all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be a little nervous about this. As drunk as I get, they'd bump me into a TV or something bad.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This year Im being the egg while all my friends are being sperm, and they are gonna bump into me all night.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be a little nervous about this. As drunk as I get, they'd bump me preggers or something bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 06:24 PM

We were out at Paternoville at 230pm yesterday, and we set our tent up at midnight to begin the campout for the PSUvOSU game on Saturday. Tonight is my sleep shift, pics to follow.

College Gameday will be here too btw.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be a little nervous about this. As drunk as I get, they'd try to get up in me or something bad.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-23-2007, 06:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

sarcasm?!?

[/ QUOTE ]

Really don't get the whole 'French are pussies' or white flag jokes about the French. Just seems ignorant to me.
Old 10-23-2007, 06:51 PM

Goofy,
sorry to hear that nobody had the balls to yell back at her. You should've made her cry a little and taken a pic. post it up here.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Closed Thread