Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Would you add to your tip after your co-victor out-tipped you?
Yes 2 4.08%
No 47 95.92%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-13-2007, 11:40 PM

Default Re: **Official uNL Microbrew thread: August**

[ QUOTE ]
is it just me or is the SSNL forum a lot crappier than the unl?

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't make threads where you limp/raise pre and wonder if you should c-bet TPTK and I bet it becomes a lot less crappy.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:41 PM

Diceman: I want to sweat you sometime. And if you are betting that much all the time for CB's, no, it doesn't apply to you.
Old 08-13-2007, 11:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Diceman: I want to sweat you sometime. And if you are betting that much all the time for CB's, no, it doesn't apply to you.

[/ QUOTE ]

im game. im heading for vacation in like 15 minutes and i wont be able to play poker again until i get back so i'll PM you to set up a time in a few weeks. you play on stars?

be forwarned, my play is semi erratic, my postflop bet sizing is mostly random, and i'm fairly nitty. you might get really bored. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 12:03 AM

I'm sure this has been addressed before, but what winning rate (in PT bb) is considered good for microstakes nl, specifically .05/.10? Just curious, thanks...
Old 08-14-2007, 12:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Geek Note:

FT,PS, and PT all working together on a sexy x64 Linux box.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the love of God, please write a how-to. I'm sick of using vmware. Also, can you get PAHUD to run on it too. I'm using Kunbuntu FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

Assuming Feisty Fawn

FT works well with wine_0.9.41~winehq0~ubuntu~7.04-1_amd64.deb, but not crossover or 9.42 (the latest version). Chat is broken, but everything else is fine. Might just be a font issue. 9.40 works too, chat works, but backgrounds didn't work. The workaround there is replacing Table_RT.png with a table that incorporates the background. All other standard mods work, chips, cards, etc, but you have to be careful about capitalization.

I think the wine .deb for x64 contains the 32bit compatibility libs, if not, all the x64/wine howtos say how to install that.

PT works with crossover office, once Office has been installed in the same win98 'bottle'. I used Office 10 (2003). It needs the MS Access install. That's key. There is a bug when you *close* the ring game stats window, it closes the connection to the db and must be restarted. Otherwise solid. I gave it a workout importing 50K hand histories from text files, and it kept ticking. It picks up hand files fine. The PT stud version was not working, and I'm not sure why yet.

Stars prefers the 9.40 version of Wine (no issues), it works with the 9.41 and 9.42 versions, but once you've opened a bunch of tables if you go back to the lobby sometimes it drops the connection. You *can* install multiple versions of Wine side by side, it is just...difficult, so I'm dealing with that bug for now. I haven't tried it with crossover yet. Crossover's 'bottles' allow slightly different setups side by side. Transgaming's Wine takes that a little further, and allows different wine setups side by side.

GT+ was a bear, and I'm not sure exactly what I did to make it sort-of work, I'll be trying to get PAHUD working this week.

I haven't tried anything on a x32 Linux, but I imagine that works too. Probably better.

FWIW, In the past I had Paradise working well with Transgaming's version of Wine, and of course Pokerroom's Java version worked fine.

None of this is really for the faint-hearted at this point, since the next update of the client may break everything and cause another round of tweaking. That said, PStars has been up for ~4 months, and FT for ~2. Getting PT working was my next step, and now that' working, I can focus on the HUDs. After that, I'll be digging into the bugs and annoyances, and get into the Wine source code and see where it is barfing.

PokerStove worked utterly flawlessly in every version of Wine I tried. That guy knows what he's doing.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:22 AM

the villian is a semi regular. i've got roughly 100 hands on him and was playing with him on two tables. his stats were respectable at 20/12. his too large reraise on me PF screams that he doesnt want to see the flop and then his flop bet seemed small for AA or KK and relative to his reraise size PF and stack size, i think AA or KK is pushing the flop anyway. enter tehDiceman soul reading stage left.

i put him on AK. then i lol'd. SHIP IT.

Poker Stars - No Limit Hold'em Cash Game - $0.02/$0.05 Blinds - 6 Players - (LegoPoker Hand History Converter)

SB: $3.56
BB: $5.85
UTG: $7.87
MP: $2.32
Hero (CO): $10.18
BTN: $4.34

Preflop: Hero is dealt J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (6 Players)
<font color="red">UTG raises to $0.20</font>, MP folds, <font color="red">Hero raises to $0.60</font>, 3 folds, <font color="red">UTG raises to $2.50</font>, Hero calls $1.90

Flop: ($5.07) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (2 Players)
<font color="red">UTG bets $3.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all-in to $7.68</font>, UTG calls all-in for $1.87
Uncalled bet of $2.31 returned to Hero

Turn: ($15.81) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

River: ($15.81) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (2 Players - 2 All-In)

Pot Size: $15.81 ($0.75 Rake)

UTG had K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (a pair of Fours) and LOST (-$7.87)
Hero had J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (two pair, Jacks and Fours) and WON (+$7.19)

PS, sucks for villian that im a thinking player. w00t for brains.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Geek Note:

FT,PS, and PT all working together on a sexy x64 Linux box.

[/ QUOTE ]

For the love of God, please write a how-to. I'm sick of using vmware. Also, can you get PAHUD to run on it too. I'm using Kunbuntu FWIW.

[/ QUOTE ]

tldr;

[/ QUOTE ]

or you could just stick with windows for poker. im a geek and all, but that much work isnt worth it especially since like you said, updates to wine and the poker software can flush all your hard work down the crapper. now if you can talk PT, PA, and PS to hook up a *nix/linux version, im all for it. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

speaking of geek, i run my databases on a remote freebsd box, i import my hands with a remote windows box, and i graph my stats with cacti. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2007, 01:33 AM

Can anyone explain to me what is with all the donkeys floating Ace high lately? In the last few days Im seeing it left and right. It doesn't matter if their shortstacked, OOP, or if there are multiple people in the pot. Its driving me crazy.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:35 AM

Seriously this was the worst day of my life. After that 180 win I got seriously doomed. Dropped 7 buyins in 2 days.
Old 08-14-2007, 01:42 AM

cacti? I thought that was for 'net monitoring. Interesting.
I use R for graphing.

I have a windows box for backup, but as long as I don't have to use it, I'm not going to.

I don't really regard all the tweaking as work. :0
Closed Thread