Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2007, 03:49 PM

Default Re: ***SSNL LIFE THREAD [OCT]***

I have no idea what my costume will be. Last year I had like 0 time and just went as a b-ball player.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:03 PM

This might be tough to pull off because of the obvious differences in body proportions, but I would love to go as the Great Gazoo
Old 10-23-2007, 04:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This might be tough to pull off because of the obvious differences in body proportions, but I would love to go as the Great Gazoo

[/ QUOTE ]

Green face paint, a cape, boots, green belt and a motorcycle helmet. GOGOOGOGOGOGO!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:07 PM

Also 42it,

That joker suit will convert nicely to a lesko suit.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:08 PM

GODDDDDDD

So today and tomorrow at work I'm doing new employee orientation. It's a two-day workshop type thing where we hear from a lot of execs talking about different parts of the company and corporate values etc etc. We've done a couple group activities, like run around our buildings on a scavenger hunt for diff people, and it's pretty chill. Most people are sales reps and they're all really outgoing and cool, which is kind of a change from the engineers I work with daily who I think tend to be more subdued socially, so it's been kinda fun so far.

So this is all fun and good, basically get to take two days off work to listen to a bunch of stuff, except...the girl sitting next to me is ABSOLUTELY PSYCHO. About a third of the people there don't work at our headquarters in the bay area so I don't know her or anything, but she was complaining (with a thick Russian accent) about how she can't get something set up on her laptop. Okay, cool, have fun with that. But like, during the Q&A sessions at the end of each speaker's talk, she'll like randomly turn to me (keep in mind I have done absolutely nothing the whole day to initiate any conversation w/ her) and be like "I have a midterm when I get back home and I only have three days to study for it and I have a paper I haven't started" and I kinda nod and smile like "WTF WHY DO YOU THINK I CARE." So far this only affects me, but then some poor dude who also has an accent and may or may not know her from before the orientation tries to help her w/ laptop problems during a break and she's practically yelling at the poor dude the whole time like IT JUST WON'T WORK, I HAVE NO TIME FOR THIS, I WAS CRYING ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY, I AM GOING TO BREAK DOWN AND CRY IF YOU CANNOT FIX IT, FIX IT, PLEASE, I CANNOT DO THIS ANYMORE etc etc, and pretty much everyone in the room (~50 people) can hear her, and we're all just kinda awkwardly looking away and staring at the ceiling.

This continues in the lunch line, where she's standing with the same dude again and going off about her laptop and getting pretty loud and animated. This continues unabated as he starts working on her laptop again until finally they leave together to go take it to IT or something. As soon as she walks out of the room, one of the other guys at the table I was talking to stops mid-sentence to quietly say "OH MY [censored] GOD."

And yeah, I'm the one guy in the room that has to [censored] sit next to her. Just now (before I took a trip over to my cubicle to write this and basically get out of that [censored] room) after she left one of the people running the workshop came over and asked if the nametag on her seat belonged to her, so I'm desperately hoping that this is indicative of some kind of action being taken against her.

And no, she's not hot.
Old 10-23-2007, 04:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have no idea what my costume will be. Last year I had like 0 time and just went as a b-ball player.

[/ QUOTE ]

My old CU buddies are getting together in Santa Barbara this weekend, and are going as the Harlem Globetrotters and the Washington Generals. Group costumes are usually great!
Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]

the girl sitting next to me is ABSOLUTELY PSYCHO.

[/ QUOTE ]
+
[ QUOTE ]

And no, she's not hot.

[/ QUOTE ]
=Slumpbuster
Old 10-23-2007, 04:15 PM

DID YOU READ THE [censored] POST

SHE TILTS ME SO HARD ADSFIOPHSDPASDHFOP

GOD HOW COULD YOU EVEN SUGGEST THAT
Old 10-23-2007, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
DID YOU READ THE [censored] POST

SHE TILTS ME SO HARD ADSFIOPHSDPASDHFOP

GOD HOW COULD YOU EVEN SUGGEST THAT

[/ QUOTE ]
I guess I should have put a smiley indicating my sarcasm.

Anyways, if you hate her then you're less likely to write her an emotional love letter. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-23-2007, 04:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
GODDDDDDD

So today and tomorrow at work I'm doing new employee orientation. It's a two-day workshop type thing where we hear from a lot of execs talking about different parts of the company and corporate values etc etc. We've done a couple group activities, like run around our buildings on a scavenger hunt for diff people, and it's pretty chill. Most people are sales reps and they're all really outgoing and cool, which is kind of a change from the engineers I work with daily who I think tend to be more subdued socially, so it's been kinda fun so far.

So this is all fun and good, basically get to take two days off work to listen to a bunch of stuff, except...the girl sitting next to me is ABSOLUTELY PSYCHO. About a third of the people there don't work at our headquarters in the bay area so I don't know her or anything, but she was complaining (with a thick Russian accent) about how she can't get something set up on her laptop. Okay, cool, have fun with that. But like, during the Q&amp;A sessions at the end of each speaker's talk, she'll like randomly turn to me (keep in mind I have done absolutely nothing the whole day to initiate any conversation w/ her) and be like "I have a midterm when I get back home and I only have three days to study for it and I have a paper I haven't started" and I kinda nod and smile like "WTF WHY DO YOU THINK I CARE." So far this only affects me, but then some poor dude who also has an accent and may or may not know her from before the orientation tries to help her w/ laptop problems during a break and she's practically yelling at the poor dude the whole time like IT JUST WON'T WORK, I HAVE NO TIME FOR THIS, I WAS CRYING ABOUT THIS YESTERDAY, I AM GOING TO BREAK DOWN AND CRY IF YOU CANNOT FIX IT, FIX IT, PLEASE, I CANNOT DO THIS ANYMORE etc etc, and pretty much everyone in the room (~50 people) can hear her, and we're all just kinda awkwardly looking away and staring at the ceiling.

This continues in the lunch line, where she's standing with the same dude again and going off about her laptop and getting pretty loud and animated. This continues unabated as he starts working on her laptop again until finally they leave together to go take it to IT or something. As soon as she walks out of the room, one of the other guys at the table I was talking to stops mid-sentence to quietly say "OH MY [censored] GOD."

And yeah, I'm the one guy in the room that has to [censored] sit next to her. Just now (before I took a trip over to my cubicle to write this and basically get out of that [censored] room) after she left one of the people running the workshop came over and asked if the nametag on her seat belonged to her, so I'm desperately hoping that this is indicative of some kind of action being taken against her.

And no, she's not hot.

[/ QUOTE ]

hahahahaha

i feel sorry for you

cause there's only 1 way to deal w/ a loud obnoxious russian... and that is to tell them they are being annoying and to tell them 100% direct dead on to shut the [censored] up

and even then success is only 50/50 at best hahahahaha
Closed Thread