Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-16-2007, 05:21 AM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 6, Sun., July 15**

In the Pokernews video, Scotty says that he played bad after getting up to 16mil. But the key hand he lost he played just fine. Like most poker players, he perceives good cards as "being in the zone" and bad cards as "playing bad."

Here is the key hand he lost his chips on, where he played fine:
[ QUOTE ]
Featured Table: Philip Hilm Doubles Through Scotty Nguyen
Tuan Lam has the button in seat 1, Scotty Nguyen raises from the small blind to 530,000, and Philip Hilm calls from the big blind. The flop comes Q 6 5, Nguyen bets 600,000, and Hilm calls. There is now 2.36 million in the pot.

The turn card is the K, Nguyen checks, Hilm bets 1.2 million, Nguyen moves all in, and Hilm immediately calls with 5 5 for a set of fives. Nguyen shows Ah Qh for a pair of queens, and he's drawing dead. (The meaningless river card is the 4.)

The crowd goes silent as the chip stacks are counted down to see how many chips Scotty Nguyen has left.

Philip Hilm has exactly 6.845 million. Scotty Nguyen has about 9.195 million. Hilm doubles up to about 16.05 million in chips. Nguyen is knocked all the way down to about 2.35 million.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 07-16-2007, 05:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In the Pokernews video, Scotty says that he played bad after getting up to 16mil. But the key hand he lost he played just fine. Like most poker players, he perceives good cards as "being in the zone" and bad cards as "playing bad."

[ QUOTE ]
Tuan Lam has the button in seat 1, Scotty Nguyen raises from the small blind to 530,000, and Philip Hilm calls from the big blind. The flop comes , Nguyen bets 600,000, and Hilm calls. There is now 2.36 million in the pot.

The turn card is the , Nguyen checks, Hilm bets 1.2 million, Nguyen moves all in, and Hilm immediately calls with for a set of fives. Nguyen shows for a pair of queens, and he's drawing dead. (The meaningless river card is the .)

The crowd goes silent as the chip stacks are counted down to see how many chips Scotty Nguyen has left.

Philip Hilm has exactly 6.845 million. Scotty Nguyen has about 9.195 million. Hilm doubles up to about 16.05 million in chips. Nguyen is knocked all the way down to about 2.35 million.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job, IE doesn't copy the cards. Get Firefox already as many people have mentioned already.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:25 AM

Or you can copy from the WSOP site, which doesn't need it.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Tuan Lam has the button in seat 1, Scotty Nguyen raises from the small blind to 530,000, and Philip Hilm calls from the big blind. The flop comes , Nguyen bets 600,000, and Hilm calls. There is now 2.36 million in the pot.

The turn card is the , Nguyen checks, Hilm bets 1.2 million, Nguyen moves all in, and Hilm immediately calls with for a set of fives. Nguyen shows for a pair of queens, and he's drawing dead. (The meaningless river card is the .)

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Good job, IE doesn't copy the cards. Get Firefox already as many people have mentioned already.

[/ QUOTE ]

nit
Old 07-16-2007, 05:26 AM

Raise , re raise , fold, every hand

Now this is tournament poker!
Old 07-16-2007, 05:27 AM

Everyone is really cranky tonight, that's nothing, I got flamed for pages for not punctuating.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:28 AM

people with crapal tunnel syndore think theyre better then everyone else [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-16-2007, 05:29 AM

Why is everyone so results oriented here?

We all know (or should know) that luck is the biggest factor here in who wins or gets to the final table.

Enjoy the fact that some unknown is going to win this thing, it was always a 98% probability of that happening from the moment we knew we would have a 6000+ field.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:31 AM

Sorry about the 2c in Scotty's bustout hand, everyone. I was obviously concentrating very hard on a club to hit the board ... and it channeled into my typing fingers. One of my fellow media members (from another outlet) caught my mistake and told me to fix it.

Unfortunately, flushes that only appear in PokerNews live updates are not legally binding. Unless House Resolution 3874 passes, and we all pray that it will.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone so results oriented here?

We all know (or should know) that luck is the biggest factor here in who wins or gets to the final table.

Enjoy the fact that some unknown is going to win this thing, it was always a 98% probability of that happening from the moment we knew we would have a 6000+ field.

[/ QUOTE ]

And there is about a 30-40% chance that the winner will either be a former bracelet winner or a internet poker "celebrity"