Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2006, 07:33 PM

Location: tell them ill be here when they come 4 me, me and every single n1gga dat got love 4 me, see i got money on my mind, but the haters wont leave me alone, so im ridin everyday wit every pistol dat i own
Default Re: I Screwed Up

i dont feel like bumping the huge mtt thread, but does anyone know if gigabet was banned from stars? i heard he was but i have no idea. i havent seen his name in the big sundays fwiw
Old 03-29-2006, 07:36 PM

"Your suggesting that the sites can tell it is him from his playing patterns?"

When/where from/number of tables/which games and potentially how he plays, it all fits a pattern. (free hint: the monkeys that are front line party/stars support are not the ones working on stuff like this) Obviously it's not easy, but it's not impossible either.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:39 PM

Zee,

Ive never commented really on any of the stuff that went down originally. I read your original explanation and could understand how it happened, and if you never chip dumped or colluded as you say, then I thought all the hate you got was a bit unfair. People love to watch the mighty fall tho.

Anyway, im glad to see you are taking steps to put things back right, and if it truly is important to you, your future actions will show that, and if that turns out to be the case, then I think youll be ok. Best of luck, and hang in there
Old 03-29-2006, 07:39 PM

Default Re: I Screwed Up *DELETED*

Post deleted by Dids
Old 03-29-2006, 07:42 PM

ZJ,

We know you're still there reading all this stuff. So man up and go through this trial by fire. Start answering all the criticisms made here. Or don't ever post again. One reply won't cut it.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a very hard time feeling bad for a kid who was giving himself 6 chances in a tournament where 99% of the field had only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were the only problem that would result from multi-account playing, I would have no problem with it at all.

How is that different than a rebuy tournament? ZJ paid for 6 entries, he got to play 6 entries, each entry had the same X/Y chance of making the money. If there was no possibility of self-collusion, or bubble play, or any other real problems, I wouldn't care about 6 entries into the same multi-table tourney, just as I wouldn't care that someone rebought into the same tournament 15 times after busting out each time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Idiot
Old 03-29-2006, 07:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"I had $100,000 in these accounts. If I realized what I was doing was cheating, and was knowingly cheating, I would have been a lot more careful and actively cashed out. I also posted on my website that I was playing on different accounts. If my intention was to cheat people, there's no way I would even hint at anything related on my website."

A few points.

You had to use a trick to use these accounts, you knew it was against the rules and you did it anyway. Even if you didn't view that as cheating, leaving 100K in knowing that you weren't 100% on the up-an-up there strikes me as bad judgement moreso than "gosh I didn't think I was cheating".

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids is right. I want to let this KID start over, and be done with the puritanical persecution, but I think he has to totally man up to everything.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"Dids, I think that Justin probably knew what he was doing was against tournament policies, but I do buy his argument that he states that he did not know/feel it was unethical."

I'm not sure I believe these two statements really work together. If you know you're breaking the rules, you know you're doing something unethical. (this isn't a rule like say "rakeback" which is in place for financial reasons, this rule is in place for gameplay reasons).

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not necessarily true. There are plenty of rules that exist in the world today that are not ethical. Breaking them does not constitute unethical behavior.

Regardless, it is my opinion that ethics lay within the individual, not the masses. Justin says that "he didn't know what he was doing was unethical," but what he really means is that "I don't feel what I was doing was unethical." And personally, I agree.

[/ QUOTE ]

What? I can't hear you. It sounds like mumbles with Zj's dick in your mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

I admit to knowing Justin before he even found poker, but regardless, it is a question of ethics on a personal level. If all of you idiots are going to jump on his case and spew ad hominem attacks for his attempt to explain his side of the story, I feel that it's someone's job to ensure that you look like the retards you are.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have a very hard time feeling bad for a kid who was giving himself 6 chances in a tournament where 99% of the field had only one.

[/ QUOTE ]

If this were the only problem that would result from multi-account playing, I would have no problem with it at all.

How is that different than a rebuy tournament? ZJ paid for 6 entries, he got to play 6 entries, each entry had the same X/Y chance of making the money. If there was no possibility of self-collusion, or bubble play, or any other real problems, I wouldn't care about 6 entries into the same multi-table tourney, just as I wouldn't care that someone rebought into the same tournament 15 times after busting out each time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Idiot

[/ QUOTE ]

Good argument, you really took the high road here.
Old 03-29-2006, 07:48 PM

"I admit to knowing Justin before he even found poker"

This makes ALOT of sense ColdCaller. ROFL