Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-11-2006, 02:40 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.
Default Re: Ask PITTM: Headphones, basketball, smoking weed.

[ QUOTE ]
What is the ideal regimen for smoking weed in terms of buying and using?

I am a college freshman in a big city but with not unlimited cash.

[/ QUOTE ]

i use a bong 90% of the time, it is awesome for just knocking you off your ass. if i were on a tighter budget i would buy a little chillum and smoke out of that all the time, gl.

rj
Old 04-11-2006, 02:43 PM

RJ,

How is it that "Ask PITTM" has proven the longest-lived of all the "Ask" threads?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:50 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

anacardo.

i am a bit disturbed by the fact that you werent already sure that this would happen. im just a man of the people baby.

rj
Old 04-11-2006, 02:53 PM

Some people say that the Ultimate Ears Super Fi 3s have no bass, and a few people said that they hear a distant noise, like falling rain, during quieter parts of their music. Have you experienced any of this?

Also, can I run/play sports with these? Or does it provide wire feedback?
Old 04-11-2006, 02:55 PM

RJ,
I'm looking for some good, comfortable headphones to use at work. What do you think of the AKG 271s? I want something sealed and that will comfortably fit around my ear in the ~$200 range. I listen mostly to rock/punk, with a little of everything else thrown in.

Thanks

Link to 'phones: http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,mynodeid,164,id,250,pid,250,_language,EN.html
Old 04-11-2006, 03:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Some people say that the Ultimate Ears Super Fi 3s have no bass, and a few people said that they hear a distant noise, like falling rain, during quieter parts of their music. Have you experienced any of this?

Also, can I run/play sports with these? Or does it provide wire feedback?

[/ QUOTE ]

IEM's have some poor bass in comparison to full sized headphones. however, the detail is generally astounding. i really wish i had heard the shure e3 and e4 a bit more so that i could recommend those, but ive heard the etymotic er-6, er-4, ultimate ears ue-3, ue-5. imo, the ultimate ears sound much better than the etymotics with much better bass. many people hear a hiss when using IEM's, this can be fixed pretty easily with a level attenuator, which you attach to the cord and it filters this hiss.

many of the iems have a lot of wire friction sound problems while running and whatnot. again, the ultimate ears ones are superior because the cord is fed by a little plastic tube over and around your ear, making wire movement almost inaudible.

rj
Old 04-11-2006, 03:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
RJ,
I'm looking for some good, comfortable headphones to use at work. What do you think of the AKG 271s? I want something sealed and that will comfortably fit around my ear in the ~$200 range. I listen mostly to rock/punk, with a little of everything else thrown in.

Thanks

Link to 'phones: http://www.akg.com/products/powerslave,mynodeid,164,id,250,pid,250,_language,EN.html

[/ QUOTE ]

north,

i am impressed at the results of your research. i came very close to buying those a few times, i would suggest that you buy away. the only other really interesting closed headphone at that level is the beyerdynamic dt 770. by the way, imo, the beyerdynamic dt880(while not closed) is one of the best headphones in the entire world.

rj
Old 04-11-2006, 03:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
RJ,

Thanks

[/ QUOTE ]

north,

i am impressed at the results of your research. i came very close to buying those a few times, i would suggest that you buy away. the only other really interesting closed headphone at that level is the beyerdynamic dt 770. by the way, imo, the beyerdynamic dt880(while not closed) is one of the best headphones in the entire world.

rj

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet, thanks. I saw the D770s as well.

One more question. I currently have a pair of Shure E3c's that I use at the gym with my Nano. They sound good, but a little harsh when I turn them up sometimes. I've been looking at the UE SuperFi 5 Pros and the Sure E4c's. Do you have any opinion on the two? From what I've read they're real close...
Old 04-11-2006, 03:12 PM

im still suprised no one has asked me about buying a headphone amp. seriously top 5 in purchases ive ever made.

rj
Old 04-11-2006, 03:12 PM

RJ,

Will you list the other four?