Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-09-2006, 06:22 PM

Default Re: FPHG v0.01 available

Thanks a lot for this nice application!

Is it possible to allow the name of the textfiles to be longer, i.e. full table name? The program now seems to cut off the file-name at 22 characters. Especially in tournaments, table names can be very long (i.e. "$40.000 Guaranteed MTT (13293949) Table #32").

Thanks in advance
Old 03-09-2006, 06:26 PM

If you run using the -v option, then it will display a verbose output telling you what it is doing under the scenes (like new table seen, new hand seen, new data seen, etc), but I think this will be pretty hard to read for 25 tables.

Most likely it will just show up as a reduced # of hands per day if it is missing them. So far the only reports of missing hands came from a user with a 266Mhz system.

I can make it keep a running total of hands mined and then make it display average hands/hour if this help us to compare results.

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2006, 06:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Is it possible to allow the name of the textfiles to be longer, i.e. full table name? The program now seems to cut off the file-name at 22 characters. Especially in tournaments, table names can be very long (i.e. "$40.000 Guaranteed MTT (13293949) Table #32").

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a possible bug, as the names should be OK upto 1000 characters. I will try to look into this for you right now (I have a feeling it is something to do with '(' symbols, but been a few weeks since I coded this and can't remember how I detect the end of the table names.)

Old 03-09-2006, 06:47 PM

Ya, I was running it in versbose but I still couldn't tell if a hand had happened and it was missed. Is there a way to?
Old 03-09-2006, 06:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ya, I was running it in versbose but I still couldn't tell if a hand had happened and it was missed. Is there a way to?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sadly, no (other than watching the tables and seeing if hands don't get seen). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

I can't think of anyway to do this either, as the way it works is to poll memory over and over again, so when it misses a hand it doesn't know itself that it missed it (the old HH has just been overwritten before it got time to see it).

I may be able to optimize it so that this is much less likely and much less of the memory is polled, but not had chance to to look into optimization yet.

Old 03-09-2006, 07:54 PM

Default NEW: FPHG v0.02 now available

<u>CHANGES:</u>

(1) There was a bug here where tournament table names were getting truncated. This is fixed now and tournament observation should be fine again.

(2) Have now made it so FreePHG displays verbose output by default, and now we need to use the option "-s" to make it silent. I did this to try to avoid confusion, as many people seemed to find the default 'silent' mode a bit confusing to start with.

Version 0.02 can be downloaded from here or here.

PS: If you have any problems with my links/archives, then try using IE to download them and try also using the right click option "Save Target As". [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-09-2006, 07:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a possible bug, as the names should be OK upto 1000 characters. I will try to look into this for you right now (I have a feeling it is something to do with '(' symbols, but been a few weeks since I coded this and can't remember how I detect the end of the table names.)

[/ QUOTE ]

This has been fixed now: see v0.02.

Old 03-09-2006, 08:33 PM

Default connection drops when switching user accts

speaking of using multiple user accounts, my internet connection (dialup) drops every time i switch accounts.
Even when both accounts are Administrator, and I have "fast user switching" enabled (XP) which allows all programs to continue running in all accounts. Is there some setting I need to check/uncheck to keep connected? I'm using the windows xp internet connections to dial directly, not any isp software.
Thanks
Old 03-09-2006, 08:38 PM

Default Re: connection drops when switching user accts

[ QUOTE ]
speaking of using multiple user accounts, my internet connection (dialup) drops every time i switch accounts.
Even when both accounts are Administrator, and I have "fast user switching" enabled (XP) which allows all programs to continue running in all accounts. Is there some setting I need to check/uncheck to keep connected? I'm using the windows xp internet connections to dial directly, not any isp software.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm afraid I can't help with this. I have a cabal modem and have 2/3 XP accounts running stuff 24/7 and never experience any net problems (CPU load problems sometimes though). [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Perhaps somebody with dial-up may have encountered this before and know how to fix it?

Old 03-09-2006, 10:25 PM

Default connection problem solved

I posted in the comp tech help forum here and it was quickly answered by CubicZirconia. For anyone else using dialup with same problem, see:

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showth...e=0#Post5010168