Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Video Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2007, 08:09 PM

Default Re: Halo 3 Chatter and XBL Gamertag Thread

[ QUOTE ]
Is it better than Gears of War?

[/ QUOTE ]
Does a bear [censored] in the woods?

Seriously though, the case could be made that GoW out does H3 in graphics (especially gore, if you're into that type of thing), but in terms of replay and customization value for both campaign and multiplayer, there is no comparison.
Old 09-26-2007, 11:49 PM

I just played VIP on The Pit and the VIP was in that upper secion. Is there any way to get there? I checked out the map for a while before my batteries died out, but I couldn't find a way.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:34 AM

I think its like turf or whatever in Halo 2, you have to spawn up there. I did once or twice and the only way down was to jump. Haven't ever seen a grav lift on that level either, so that's hilarious lol :P
Old 09-27-2007, 02:05 AM

Yeah, you can't get up there without a grav lift or something. But I don't think there's a grav lift on The Pit. Something to do in Forge ....
Old 09-27-2007, 12:08 PM

My copy arrived last night and I fired up a Heroic campaign. I then remembered I suck. I spent all night on the first level. Those [censored] alien snipers piss me off. I can't get past the part where you are saving the soldiers where there's the guy with the gravity hammer. I've killed him and a billion other guys over and over again, but I can't find a new checkpoint before I eventually get sniped or something.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:18 PM

Finally made it past there last night by getting a lot more tactical. I'm somewhere in the middle of level 3 and having a blast. This game is so sweet. This weekend I'm probably going to get some 4 player coop going with some friends.

BTW, the theater is badass. Anyone know how much video it actually saves? I went on last night before I played and had like 4 hours of video.
Old 09-28-2007, 12:19 PM

Ohh, my gamertag too if anyone wants to add (I'm not very good, but whatever)...

The DaveyG
Old 09-28-2007, 12:50 PM

What tactics did you use to get past the guy with the Gravity Hammer? I am getting killed there - when he finally comes down to destroy me, I have run out of ammo about half the time. I typically use most of my grenades early.

On top of that, I turned off the machine without saving, and I am back at the very start of the entire campaign. Brutal.
Old 09-28-2007, 01:04 PM

Well, two tactics that I had that worked to kill him:

1) Hope the arbiter guy kicks his ass with an energy sword
2) Kill his "posse" from a distance and save either a sniper gun or alien rocket laucher thing to blow the crap out of him when he's alone (what I did)

If you can get the arbiter to do most of your work, it's not too bad. Also, you just can't stand out in the open in that part of the level much or you will get sniped. Try to pick off the snipers one by one with whatever gun you can find.

EDIT: Oh yeah, the hammer guy usually doesn't attack as long as he still has a posse and you keep your distance. If he attacks, jump straight over him whenever he runs at you.
Old 09-28-2007, 04:56 PM

edit: Ok, for some reason I posted some spoilers without thinking twice. Let me try again.

Well I beat the campaign on Normal, to get it over with. It wasn't any less enjoyable than the previous two. I prefer the large scale outside maps compared with the more confined ones, especially when there's Flood.

I was a little surprised at the initial ending, as I wasn't expecting it...until a few seconds later when it turned it on its head (don't want to post any spoilers). I had to wiki to find out about a cut scene that's only shown after you beat the game on Legendary.

My brother just beat a couple of standbyers. Halo 2 has been rendered corrupt IMO from the rampant standbying/superbouncing. I hope it's a long time before I have to worry about that garbage taking over H3.