Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Adolf Hitler.

I am hesitant to says this, and I don't want to get this thread off topic, but people should really be aware of Hitler's persuasive propaganda ways and see if there are people nowadays doing similar things. I think there are people basically doing the same exact thing.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I am hesitant to says this, and I don't want to get this thread off topic, but people should really be aware of Hitler's persuasive propaganda ways and see if there are people nowadays doing similar things. I think there are people basically doing the same exact thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

I see Hitler everyday. I see him when people get berated at the poker table. I see him when they won't let me merge in heavy traffic for no apparent reason whatsover. I see him when bums keep asking me for change after I already told them no. The only difference between these people and Hitler is the intensity and duration of their will to change the people around them.
Old 08-31-2007, 09:41 PM

You really think that those people have the same capacity for destruction that Hitler had (assuming they were in the same position of power as he was)?
Old 08-31-2007, 09:46 PM

How is it that no one knows what happened to Hitler? Having studied him so thoroughly what is your guess?
Old 08-31-2007, 10:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I see Hitler everyday. I see him when people get berated at the poker table. I see him when they won't let me merge in heavy traffic for no apparent reason whatsover. I see him when bums keep asking me for change after I already told them no. The only difference between these people and Hitler is the intensity and duration of their will to change the people around them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Bums asking for change == Murderer of tens of millions

But I already told him "no!"...

There is a big difference, friend, between these people you mention and Hitler, and it's not just the intensity of their efforts. I hope you see why.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:13 PM

Saying someone has hitleresque traits is not the same as saying they are exactly like hitler wtf.

Old 08-31-2007, 10:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow. Bums asking for change == Murderer of tens of millions

But I already told him "no!"...

There is a big difference, friend, between these people you mention and Hitler, and it's not just the intensity of their efforts. I hope you see why.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was trying to make an artful point about the ugliness of the human condition. And if you think some bums wouldn't love to watch the world burn and see millions die as they stand unscathed above the wreakage then you just don't know the prevalent psychology of the down and out bum. They hate everyone.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 PM

And how many bums do you know.........

I just think that someone thinks they can study the human condition by studying hitler (as interesting as he is) is pretty lol
Old 08-31-2007, 10:22 PM

AC Slater -

Can you explain why seemingly rational people turn into blobs of illogical jello when the subject of Hitler comes up?

These same people who can talk about American slave owners or the gassing of Kurds but can't talk about Hitler without throwing all semblance of logic out the window.
Old 08-31-2007, 10:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How is it that no one knows what happened to Hitler? Having studied him so thoroughly what is your guess?

[/ QUOTE ]

It is common knowlege that he died in a bunker in Berlin on April 30th, 1945. The Myth that he escaped and lived out his life can be attributed to Soviet propoganda that had a vested interest in making it look like the Western Democracies were harboring him.

The movie Downfall gives an accurate portrayal of his last days. There were many witnesses to his corpse. The Russians actually found his body. They received the same story from all the witnesses they questioned. And you better believe the Russians made sure they weren't lying.

Bruno Ganz gives the best performance as Adolf Hitler to date in Downfall. And Bruno Ganz is a Jew, which should furthur go to show that a man can study Hitler dispassionately and objectively.