Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 01:01 PM

Default Re: Things that say \"I\'m a piece of trash\"

"I see this often. I think it's ridiculous and can only hope no one would ever do this if I died. The rear window decal that says "In memory of _______ 19xx-200x." "

Saw this yesterday. The last name was something obviously hispanic and the driver was not, I choose to believe that she killed him in an accident and had been forced to put those on her car. It's the only way it didn't seem terribly creepy.

I can get people doing this, because we all express and cope with grief differently, but gosh does it seem weird.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I still don't understand why yard sales are trashy?

[/ QUOTE ]

Old 08-31-2007, 01:05 PM

That is a trashy yard sale. Come to the rich ass burbs that I live next to (on the one day a year they permit yard sales) and you'll see something higher rent.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:07 PM

Apparently Batali is partnered with Crocs, for the Bistro Croc. He's even credited with making them famous from what I've read.

I don't wear them, but my daughters have several prs each.
No way these things are indicative of being trashy btw.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
That is a trashy yard sale. Come to the rich ass burbs that I live next to (on the one day a year they permit yard sales) and you'll see something higher rent.

[/ QUOTE ]

I gotta back Dids up on this one. The most common yard sale scenario I know of is when women want to sell all the crap their kids have outgrown. I know plenty of women who spend an unjustifiable amount of money on clothes their infants can only waer for 6 months, but have to be some name brand, who then unload all that crap year's later at a yard sale.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I don't wear them, but my daughters have several prs each.
No way these things are indicative of being trashy btw.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chicks, like the American Negro, are blessed with a much wider acceptable fashion range than other, less fortunate peoples.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Wearing a Bluetooth headset in a restaurant. Especially if it's a buffet.

[/ QUOTE ]

"Trash", to me, should typically convey some degree of economic bustoness. As such, this really fails the trash test.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dids,

Not necessarily. Have you ever seen a satellite dish or really nice sports car parked outside a trailer?

I don't think a bluetooth at a restaurant is all that trashy. I do think a guy wearing jorts, a t-shirt, flip-flops, and a bluetooth is kind of trashy looking - and comical.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree with Dids on this as well. My sample size is small, but the people I have known who wear the bluetooths everywhere have generally been trash. In many instances, part of being trashy is spending what little money you have on something that you consider extravagant but really isn't. Like tricking out crappy cars. This happens A LOT with cell phones and, as a natural flow, bluetooth crap. Couple summers ago this guy that played in the same home game as me wore the bluetooth all the damn time, and when he played was actually based on when he was getting his welfare payment.

BTW, I find Cros comfortable as all hell, and while I regulate them to around the house (e.g., slipping them on to go water my veggies, running to get the mail, etc.) I also find it ridiculous that anyone would find them so repulsive that they wouldn't wear them when running to the store. And I dont' think it's trashy in the least.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

And if you ignore the yachts and houseboats, yeah, these people are trash:

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, this is apparently an epidemic. This is awful. Doesn't matter if these fools are loaded, they look ridiculous.

You know how we look back at old pictures from the '80's and see dudes wearing knee-high socks with the thick red triple-striped sweatsocks on with little tiny short-shorts and stuff? And when we see that we go "Damn, people were dumb in the 80's"? Well, in 15...nay...3 years, people will look back at crocs and go "WTF!?!? GAHH!H!!"

Seriously these things are god-awful and make anyone wearing them instantly look 6. And stop making the mistake that yuppies in the northwest or rich people with yachts wearing them means they aren't trashy. Rich people can dress trashy, too, people.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you answered your own question here. That neighborhood only allows yard sales once a year because they're perceived as trashy and lower real estate values.
Old 08-31-2007, 01:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Does Mario Batali get a pass on the orange Crocs since he's been wearing them for years?

[/ QUOTE ]

I went to one of his restaurants in the Venetian and was underwhelmed, and decided for sure not to go to one of his places again once I found out of him and his croc fetish. On top of everything wrong with them, how unsanitary is it to have his feet exposed like that in the kitchen.