Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Where would you rank Carolina?
3rd 3 8.57%
4th 3 8.57%
5th 8 22.86%
6th 9 25.71%
7th 7 20.00%
8th 2 5.71%
9th 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-28-2007, 08:46 AM

Default Re: HIgh Stakes Poker 4 thread (8/27)

[ QUOTE ]

The day I was returning the car I saw the manager dude outside in the lot and for whatever reason I decided to scrape the entire side of the car along a stone pillar

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL @ the jaguar story Haralabos...

I must admit, after seeing you in that cheesy suit @ WPT I thought you were a huge douche who luckboxed his way to a final table, I was wrong...glad you made it on HSP
Old 08-28-2007, 08:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I didn't tear into the poor waitress, I got her number and we went out on a few dates. You should try flirting some time its not nearly as fun as posting about Annie Dukes constipation problems, but fun nonetheless.

[/ QUOTE ]

So awesome!

Also, wasn't Solario the guy that was murdered by his wife about 2 months ago? He was on Cash Poker too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh? He was murdered by his wife? Link please. I've watched him a few times on cash poker and I told my friend when last night's episode started that he was normally crazy aggressive but would probably play tight at these stakes...guess I was wrong about that part.

Haralabob is officially my new favorite pro
Old 08-28-2007, 08:50 AM

There was a thread on it in NVG, i'll try find it. I think it was him. It was somebody from CP definitely.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:52 AM

The murdered guy on Cash Poker was Bill Gustafik. I think he was featured in one or two shows.

Salorio also featured on Cash Poker and I think he came off as a bit donkish.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:56 AM

Yeah, you're right, i just found the thread.

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showfl...rt=all&vc=1
Old 08-28-2007, 09:22 AM

That 2 7 reraiser dude looked like he was loaded. Did you see the watch? Throw some 100 g's out there like no big deal.

I've watched Phil Hellmuth and I'm still amazed he didn't have queens full there. Great hand.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:28 AM

I found Phil Hellmuth's explanation of why he made that move with 2 7 very insightful. He claims that he made the move knowing Matusow only had one bullet (buy in) and Matusow could not call a 40k bet.

Todd Brunson definately did an angle shoot by pretending to call.

GSN had way too many commercials. It felt like they played two hands then commercials for 5 minutes then a few more hands.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:35 AM

Hi, first time poster here.

The next high stakes cash game I play in will be my first, so perhaps I am a bit ignorant and don't "get it," but does anyone else think that these incessant proposition bets between players takes away from the game? Maybe it is fun if you are playing, but it really takes away from the game insofar as being an observer. Gabe Kaplan seems to agree. He said that the producers of the show need to change the rules and not allow them to focus so much on proposition bets. It was so bad that Gabe and the other announcer didn't even know what the bets were, much less us at home. Eli was actually sitting there with a pen and pad taking down all the bets. He was paying more attention to those bets than he was his own hand. It was annoying.

That all being said, I do think the 7-2 prop bets are a great idea and this one DOES add to the game imo. But betting on things like what color the flop will be etc. are just silly imo.

I think if they are going to do it, they need to make one or two at the beginning of the session (like the 7-2 prop) and stick to those.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:44 AM

72 lol
Old 08-28-2007, 09:46 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hi, first time poster here.

The next high stakes cash game I play in will be my first, so perhaps I am a bit ignorant and don't "get it," but does anyone else think that these incessant proposition bets between players takes away from the game? Maybe it is fun if you are playing, but it really takes away from the game insofar as being an observer. Gabe Kaplan seems to agree. He said that the producers of the show need to change the rules and not allow them to focus so much on proposition bets. It was so bad that Gabe and the other announcer didn't even know what the bets were, much less us at home. Eli was actually sitting there with a pen and pad taking down all the bets. He was paying more attention to those bets than he was his own hand. It was annoying.

That all being said, I do think the 7-2 prop bets are a great idea and this one DOES add to the game imo. But betting on things like what color the flop will be etc. are just silly imo.

I think if they are going to do it, they need to make one or two at the beginning of the session (like the 7-2 prop) and stick to those.

[/ QUOTE ]

They didn't allow prop bets in season 3, probably for the reason you mentioned. I'm surprised that they allowed it again in season 4.