Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: YEREKEEO
Your erection: reason everyone keeps ejaculating (elephantitis, obviously) 4 44.44%
yankees,especially rodriguez = egocenntric [killrallying envious egotistacal overated] 1 11.11%
Young Elvis ruled... eventually kept eating... enter obesity. 4 44.44%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-21-2007, 11:41 PM

Default Re: Official Supernova Elite Thread

luna - I would rather just play one big one a month also.
Scottyy seems unwilling to do that for whatever reason but I would definitely like that more.

pokerboy's outline of having to play MORE tournaments throughout the week doesn't exactly thrill me. But at least it allows for flexibility instead of tying me up every Saturday.

So playing 2 per week on whatever days I choose would still be preferred vs. 1 per week when Stars pretty much tells me I either HAVE to be there or I'll lose my freeroll-value for that week.

But yeah, one bigger one per month would be even better...if I get some say in playing it when I want to and not when Stars thinks I should.
Old 08-22-2007, 08:28 AM

We can definitely revise the idea to include a bigger tournament. The only problem is that it's going to have to be on a Saturday. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] And then we're back to square one. But I guess the consensus is that one Saturday a month is better than four or five.

As far as the ticket to the Sunday Million goes, I think that's a very viable option as well. But I think I may have overshot the budget with it. If you consider that Stars is probably giving us all ~$225 in EV each month, but that we would have to share that with 2 extra people, it doesn't look very good.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:45 AM

I really like the idea of a huge tournament annually or biannually. A $2M guarantee or more, depending on how often it runs. Lots of FPP sats for Bronze Stars and up. Just imagine the hype this would create.
Old 08-22-2007, 10:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I really like the idea of a huge tournament annually or biannually. A $2M guarantee or more, depending on how often it runs. Lots of FPP sats for Bronze Stars and up. Just imagine the hype this would create.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think this is such a terrible idea actually.

Or we could have a big quarterly tournament or something.

But I also think it would be a good idea to make the payout structure as flat as possible to make sure that most players walk away with some sort of prize.
Old 08-22-2007, 11:19 AM

Having a big tourney on the Saturdays along with the smaller tourneys scattered through the week does not bring you back to square one because you still have a choice of which you would prefer to do. You can spend your 5 tickets on the Saturday tourney or you can play a couple of 2 ticket tourneys during the week. It's up to you and your schedule.

If you just did one big tourney quarterly or annually and that is your only option THEN you are really going back to square-one somewhat in that if that date isn't convenient for you then you're screwed.

Flexibility is the key.
Whether it be a choice of playing 2 or 3 smaller ones vs. a bigger one or whatever.

I have no problem playing a bigger tournament on Saturday if that's what I choose to end up doing. But if I can't make it to that tournament then I want options either to get some value for my entry somehow or to play a smaller tourney or two at a different time or something.
Old 08-22-2007, 02:58 PM

I do agree that some kind of alternating schedule would be fine just to give more people a chance to participate in case Sat afternoon is absolutely impossible. But completely overhauling the system with tickets and mutliple tournaments on multiple days seems like overkill. Everything is nice and simple, please don't turn this into FTP.

Also I get the impression that people feel like they are entitled to this "value" for some reason. I don't understand that. I mean they're pretty much offering extra money to us and all because we love playing poker at their site. I'll take it, but I don't think I'm entitled to it at all. The 3.5 FPPs and cool stuff in the store is reward enough as far as I'm concerned. I just like playing poker, everything else is a bonus. If it got to the point where I was hung up on freerolls and missing out on some mystical $60 EV every week, I'd probably need to get better at poker. That's why I'm there after all, to play poker.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:13 PM

"Also I get the impression that people feel like they are entitled to this "value" for some reason. I don't understand that. I mean they're pretty much offering extra money to us and all because we love playing poker at their site. "\

Yeah, this is an aspect I've considered as well.
That combined with the idea that those of us playing in them are benefitting from the 66% percent of SN's who don't even bother has me re-thinking some of this stuff.

Along with your other point that over-complicating it could end up sucking.

Mostly though I do acknowledge that I'm kind of sitting here feeling like I'm saying, "Boo-freaking-hoo...the free stuff that Stars is giving me actually requires me to show up. This is just SOOOO inconvenient."

But I do think that some of the points raised in this thread have been somewhat valid. Especially the idea that it's just not equally fair to everyone.
And it's brought about a semi-productive brainstorm of other ways they could possibly go about it.
Old 08-22-2007, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Also I get the impression that people feel like they are entitled to this "value" for some reason. I don't understand that. I mean they're pretty much offering extra money to us and all because we love playing poker at their site.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's the thing.

We never asked for these freerolls. Stars was gracious enough to say "we want to reward our loyal VIP players with this gift".

Several times they have asked for our feedback on them. Sometimes we give them feedback unprovoked. But I don't think it's that absurd or rude for us to suggest some changes to them so that we might enjoy them even more.

If you took your girlfriend out to eat once a week to a steakhouse because you wanted to be nice to her, and she were a vegetarian, would it be wrong for her to request to eat at a different restaurant next time so she could have a cuisine that's more appealing to her?
Old 08-22-2007, 03:48 PM

The weird thing is that we actually benefit from the inconvenience of these freerolls.

If they were more conventient for us, more players would participate, and they would be less valuable.
Old 08-22-2007, 04:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
------i believe the offer should be 0fpp for $100 at least?!...no?

Keep in mind only 1 out of 3 SN play the event. If we scrap the events what is awarded needs to be divided among 3x as many people.

Scotty

[/ QUOTE ]

i miss out on the majority of freerolls now because i hang out with my significant other (girlfriend) on weekends. i believe relationships/socializing is the #1 reason why only 1/3 of SN's participate now.

I might be mistaken, but is it the consensus that the majority of Supernovas play full-time and do the majority of their play on Mon-Fri?

if this is indeed the consensus, then shouldn't the freerolls be moved to a weekday timeslot to accommodate the high volume players? if not, i would be willing to accept the $5Kfpp/$125 bonus that you proposed or something similar.

thoughts? Scotty?