Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2007, 05:49 PM

Default Re: New York Giants

Straham will report to the Giants by monday
Old 09-04-2007, 11:11 PM

Just wanted to bump this.

Tiki's being a tool again bashing Coughlin and Strahan has reported to camp. Yay.
Old 09-04-2007, 11:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wanted to bump this.

Tiki's being a tool again bashing Coughlin and Strahan has reported to camp. Yay.

[/ QUOTE ]

I really don't get this. Was there alot of tension between Tiki and Eli during his time there? Did he despise Coughlin as well? I know that both Eli and Coughlin get criticized alot (often justifiably) but has it become standard to pile on and criticize your own team to 'join the club' so to speak, once you become an analyst or TV personality?
Old 09-05-2007, 01:36 AM

Location: Trapped in an alley in Abilene, with all but four shells spent

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't get this. Was there alot of tension between Tiki and Eli during his time there? Did he despise Coughlin as well? I know that both Eli and Coughlin get criticized alot (often justifiably) but has it become standard to pile on and criticize your own team to 'join the club' so to speak, once you become an analyst or TV personality?

[/ QUOTE ]

I never thought there was any doubt that Tiki despised Coughlin. But I think the main thing that we're seeing with this dysfunctional team is how many of their "stars" have egos that eclipse their abilities. Tiki is just one example of recent/current Giants who place themselves above the team and are quick to blame others when things don't go well.

The refusal of Shockey and Burress to work out with the team only reinforces the "whininess" of their body language on the field when they don't get the ball. The Giants need body language coaches for more players than just Eli.

Strahan's childish "indecision" about retirement is yet another, and more obvious, example. I'm not sure what the the Giants need to do to fix these issues. Apparently Coughlin and the Giants don't know either.
Old 09-05-2007, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strahan's childish "indecision" about retirement is yet another, and more obvious, example.

[/ QUOTE ]

This whole thing pissed me off more than anything else so far in the "Coughlin era". His team is already committing a [censored] of penalties, his players don't seem to be any more disciplined than they were a couple years ago (possibly less)... but now you have Strahan pretty much dictating when he's gonna play!?!

I mean, the guy missed all of training camp, talked about retiring half the time and all this BS about how it's not about the money, then finally decided he's gonna play for the team... BUT gets his fines reduced by more than half of what he was supposed to pay after this whole cluster [censored] is finally over with? What a complete joke.

I mean, how can you respect the Giants' organization or Coughlin after this, especially after all the problems they've already been having with this team. They talk about discipline, but I certainly can't see it. Not only do you take the guy back without him practicing whatsoever (another injury prone player now), but you actually REDUCE HIS FINES FOR SOMETHING THAT WAS HIS OWN DOING ALL ALONG?!? And then in the interviews he talks about how he's glad that he could just "come back to the game", and "just play football" and has the audacity to mention the fans. HEY STRAHAN. WE'RE NOT COMPLETELY STUPID. YOU HAD OVER 7 MONTHS TO DECIDE IF YOU WANTED TO "COME BACK TO THE GAME". STOP BEING A DOUCHE, AND JUST DO YOUR JOB YOU GREEDY BASTARD. He must be insane if he thinks the majority of Giant fans we're behind him on this whole fake retirement thing. Either that or he simply doesn't care. I'm pretty sure that this has at least somewhat tarnished his legacy as a Giant, and that most Giant fans have been left with a bitter taste in their mouths after this whole charade.
Old 09-10-2007, 12:16 AM

Sigh... It's gonna be a long year.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:07 AM

Something something Jacobs MCL something something...
Old 09-10-2007, 01:13 AM

sigh

i think it was the first dallas td, it was 3rd and 7 - the giants rushed 3.

with the giants secondary, they should NEVER rush three, ever ever ever ever ever. ever. ever.

i knew it was going to be bad when webster mcquarters and butler were starting, but i didn't imagine it could be this bad.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:13 AM

Is it just me, or are those Cowboys receivers really good? I mean, those guys were fast. I've seen some pretty good receivers before, but those guys were world class.

Does anyone have some cheesesteaks and pot? I need to get in game shape for next week.
Old 09-10-2007, 01:18 AM

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] You'll get em next time, champ