Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-06-2007, 04:02 PM

Default Re: a few things i hate about movies

[ QUOTE ]
Guess I'm the only one who thinks cinemas have the volume down waaayyyy too low. I want women to have [censored] orgasms due the bass, not to have to keep asking my mate what a character just said because I couldn't hear it.

[/ QUOTE ]

they cant hear because despite the 145 dB movie EVERYOPNE IS ALAWYAS WISPERING EVERY LINE ALWAYS
Old 08-06-2007, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I hate that the actual start of the feature is always 15 to 20 minutes after the listed time, except for those times where I show up 15 to 20 minutes late.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 08-06-2007, 04:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
On saturday night, I went to go see the Bourne movie with my dad at the Plant 16 in the valley (bad neigbborhood but sherman oaks was sold out). This mexican teenager lets his phone ring a few times in the middle of the movie, then he picks it up and HAS A CONVERSATION...
My dad says to him "excuse me. Please go outside if you're gonna talk on the phone"
Mexican kid turns around and says "Why" with a typical cocky tough guy demeanor.
My dad is a bit flustered, but decides to just drop it.
I guess I could have jumped in, but I thought the quickest way to restore calm and get the kid off the phone would be to back off. Plus I didn't want to get stabbed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Trained martial artist..... and you carry your own knife.

You should have stabbed him first. He would have shut up.
Old 08-06-2007, 05:37 PM

If you were sat directly behind him you could have slit his throat. Someone should do that in a movie, that would look awesome on screen, probably less awesome in real life.
Old 08-06-2007, 07:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I saw Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon while sitting behind a woman and two guys.

She read the subtitles outloud. When I bitched, she said her friends couldn't read English.

It boggles the mind.

[/ QUOTE ]

A few friends of mine told the story of when they went to see this movie, and the subtitles first appeared on the screen. A black guy near the front half-yelled, "Wait, this movie has subtitles?! Sheeeeeiiitt, I can't read" before walking out of the theater. I don't mind this stuff nearly as much because it's still entertaining; it's the babies that sound like they're being eviscerated that get to me.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
kk,

Sitting in the center is way better than having your own private little crappy viewing angle section.

[/ QUOTE ]

If it's a movie that really needs a true theater experience, (300 was the last movie like this I went to) I'll go to another theater that has an IMAX screen, and make sure I get there early to sit in the sweet spot. This place will show the movie both on the one IMAX screen and the rest of the showings are on other standard screens. This is especially awesome because then all of the mouthbreathers listed in this thread don't specify IMAX, or are too cheap to pony up the extra couple bucks, so you're left with a fantastic theater experience.

But otherwise, I'll have to disagree and say I'd rather sit alone with my date on the side than in the middle with all of the troglodytes.
Old 08-06-2007, 09:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

On saturday night, I went to go see the Bourne movie with my dad at the Plant 16 in the valley (bad neigbborhood but sherman oaks was sold out). This mexican teenager lets his phone ring a few times in the middle of the movie, then he picks it up and HAS A CONVERSATION...
My dad says to him "excuse me. Please go outside if you're gonna talk on the phone"
Mexican kid turns around and says "Why" with a typical cocky tough guy demeanor.
My dad is a bit flustered, but decides to just drop it.
I guess I could have jumped in, but I thought the quickest way to restore calm and get the kid off the phone would be to back off. Plus I didn't want to get stabbed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Trained martial artist..... and you carry your own knife.

You should have stabbed him first. He would have shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not a violent psychopath. Please stop trolling me.
Old 08-07-2007, 12:00 AM

Not much gets to me besides the usual cell phone rings, talking too loud, and men with colds snorting and sniffing for two hours, but I did experience one thing that had me befuddled.

When I saw King Kong, there was a guy across the aisle taking snapshots of the screen.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:50 AM

hahaha this is why i love oot sometimes, some intelligent ass people bitching about the idiots in our society (like me some would argue)

"got up to piss/get refills/snort coke like 5 times"

litchrallee cracking up right now. some thoughts...i [censored] hate clappers too, to the idiot complaining about a fat person sitting in front of you..wtf? i really need to start going to the movies to see 3 at once, the price is pretty ridiculous nowadays. bringing alc in is +ev. sometimes i look forward to non-stop talker aholes just so i can turn around and say SHUT THE [censored] UP. ive done this a few times and not once have they continued talking, everyone around usually laughs their asses off too. FWIW I think quietly talking to your friend during loud scenes in the movie, discussing/explaining the plot, say less than 3 times throughout the movie is completely fine.

When i went to see Bourne Ultimatum the other day I finally just decided to completely turn my phone off and not just leave it on vibrate. Something that got to me though was people in front of me opening their phones, my attention would almost always get distracted to the little bright light popping up. Probably just ADD on my part and wasn't really pissing me off or anything but just something that i noticed.