Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 04:04 PM

Default Re: An absolutly WORLD CLASS play in my opinion......your thoughts ple

Even if he saw one 8? He could have A8 or a 88 in this case... Given the preflop raise I feel A8 is unlikely, because he's a solid player, so 88 is left.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Even if he saw one 8? He could have A8 or a 88 in this case... Given the preflop raise I feel A8 is unlikely, because he's a solid player, so 88 is left.

[/ QUOTE ]
thats a very good point. IF he saw an exposed card. that makes the laydown much more doable. however i dont think he saw a card. why not? ill explain...
one other thing i forgot to mention about SP is that the whole time we were playing the guy had his face burried is a book he was reading, the book was in his lap and he was pretty cosumed by it (the book was the new HARRY POTTER book)
so im pretty sure the guy was only looking up when it was his turn to act....not sure if that changes things or not.....WAIT! i know....harry potter! thats it! this guy, SP, must be a wizard!!
Old 07-27-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah. You are right. But I don't want to lay it down.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
hey guys, if you want i can start a new thread titled "qpw, gonso and el hombre grande talkin crap all day" you guys could just go in there and have it out! there would be like 4000 post in 3 days, and we could sit back and watch the bloody mess unfold. sound good? let me know.
for the rest of us who would like to figure out the situation at hand, thanks guys, for you positive and thoughtful input!

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I feel like the situation at hand was figured out on the first page. Rest has just been entertainment. Grab some popcorn, enjoy the show.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
hey guys, if you want i can start a new thread titled "qpw, gonso and el hombre grande talkin crap all day" you guys could just go in there and have it out! there would be like 4000 post in 3 days, and we could sit back and watch the bloody mess unfold. sound good? let me know.
for the rest of us who would like to figure out the situation at hand, thanks guys, for you positive and thoughtful input!

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I feel like the situation at hand was figured out on the first page. Rest has just been entertainment. Grab some popcorn, enjoy the show.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol. i must admit i find myself strangly addicted to this thread
Old 07-27-2007, 07:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
What is relevant is that whether you have been playing for five minutes or five years - or even fifty years, you don't get better by rejecting anything you don't understand and becoming rude and aggressive and taking cheap shots to others who may happen to have picked up on something you haven't.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gpw summed up there what I was trying to say all along.
My English sucks a bit so I usually have trouble expressing my views in a right way.

Anyway , El_Hombre and Gonso should definitely stop embarrassing themselves by resisting the urge to post in this thread.

I think the problem started because the theory section is not the right place for this thread.
It was a no-brainer from the start that we are dealing with a tell/read based play and the folder in question didn`t use any poker theory to come to his decision.
Psychology section would have been the perfect place for this thread. [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
Old 07-27-2007, 08:25 PM

This post is such a bluff... If you have a set of 8 in that position, and someone ask you to show your hand, why would you show? Being ask that question means the other guy has a strong hand but thinking about laying it down, and if you answer you will show, 80 percent of the time they'll fold. So why would you agree to show if you're holding the higher set??? Definately the OP was made up!!!!
Old 07-27-2007, 08:29 PM

Somebody go ask Andy Nguyen if this really happened!!!
Old 07-28-2007, 02:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
So now he's saying that he can recognize this set-specific tell, which he may have discovered under strange circumstances (but doesn't really remember those circumstances). And he won't tell anyone what it is.

[/ QUOTE ]
Why is it that you and ELH are so keen to display your lack of analytical capability at every opportunity?

It's so easy even a dog should be able to understand it.

There is one tell that gives you one clue. It's very basic, certainly not exhibited by the majority of players, and blindingly obvious once you notice it. I became aware of it a long time ago - not in a blinding flash, but just by noticing it was something some players did - or didn't do under some circumstances (much like any other tell).

And just like a lot of other tells, when you add it to the cardfall of the game, and further observations of the players behaviour, it gives you a good idea that they have some particular hand, or type of hand.

This is all such basic stuff that the fact you and ELH are having such problems with it tells us a great deal.
Old 07-28-2007, 02:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Those who know this tell will continue to use it. Those who don't can either decide they don't believe such a tell exists or have a bit of a think and work it out for themselves. It really is that obvious.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm confused. You seem to imply or I (incorrectly?) infer that this tell is set specific but not player specific. I.e. It is a generic set specific tell. Is this your contention?

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm not aware of any tells that are generic to a hand type - or a player come to that.

I seem to have confused certain people by refering to the observation of - behaviour - cardfall - behaviour as 'a tell'.

That's because that's the way I think of it. Different series of events 'tell' me different things about a player's hand so I call the sequence a tell.

I can only apologise for any confusion.