Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 02:50 PM

Default Re: OOT weekly thread: minor things that infuriate you

Cashier: Here's your food/service/product.
Me: Thanks!
Cashier: Alright (or aight).

MOTHERFU(KER WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SAY YOU'RE WELCOME A$$HOLE
Old 07-09-2007, 02:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Cashier: Here's your food/service/product.
Me: Thanks!
Cashier: Alright (or aight).

MOTHERFU(KER WHY CAN'T YOU JUST SAY YOU'RE WELCOME A$$HOLE

[/ QUOTE ]
"Alright" does come off sorta dickish.

What about "no problem?" Surely no one under the age of 60 thinks that's rude.
Old 07-09-2007, 02:59 PM

My inlaws hate it when someone says "No problem." They are over 60, though. Not sure why it bothers them so much, though "You're welcome" is clearly more polite.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:02 PM

Just last night I got pissed at a guy because I was on the feeder road, and he was merging onto the feeder (and the highway onramp was about a half-mile down...I'm not getting on the highway, but I'm assuming this guy is. Anyway, he enters into the right lane of the feeder, about 10 car lengths ahead of me. I'm in the left lane, but driving faster than him.

Instead of passing him (and pretty much blocking his opportunity to get onto the highway), I anticipate what he has to do (even though he hasnt put a blinker on), and I move into the right lane behind him, so that he can get over and we can basically criss-cross without either of us slowing down.

So I'm approaching his car, getting pretty close, and he hasn't moved over. I'm like "Duuuude, get OVER!" and my gf is looking at me weird. Now I'm close enough to where I have to put my EFFING BRAKES ON so I don't hit him. I give him about 1 more second, then speed up and pass him on the left. As I pass him I look at him and he's some immigrant looking at me all weird like I did something weird.

Sure enough, right after I pass him, he gets in behind me and enters the freeway, without ever putting a blinker on. I got pissed at that point "GODDAMMIT I KNEW U WERE GETTING ON THE EFFING HIGHWAY!" lol. I yell at my gf "See, I knew what he was doing before he did! And he's looking at me like I'm weird!? F*** HIM!!!"

haha. This happens a lot where I pretty much know when people are about to change lanes and I will adjust for them, but then they sit there too long and I get pissed and end up driving ahead/around anyway. People suck, and I'm not exempt from that. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 03:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

People who sit directly in front of me on airplanes, and recline their seats the 1/4" possible so they can "relax."

[/ QUOTE ]

This infuriates you? Just move yours back so you have the same amount of room. What is far worse is when people in the FRONT ROW at a sporting event decide to stand up on a 2-0 count in a meaningless situation, causing row 2 to stand, then row 3, then 4.... SIT DOWN MOTHERFKKKKKERS. I don't think there is anything wrong with reclining on the plane.

Another infuriating thing: Blarg's posting style.
Old 07-09-2007, 03:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
KJS - they play NPR at your local 7-11?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, this guy fancies himself an erudite cashier ("$10.66 is your change, the year of the Norman invasion") so he does at times play NPR.

KJS

[/ QUOTE ]

This sounds like a way more fun 7-11 experience than I'm used to.
Old 07-09-2007, 04:38 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

People who sit directly in front of me on airplanes, and recline their seats the 1/4" possible so they can "relax."

[/ QUOTE ]

This infuriates you? Just move yours back so you have the same amount of room. What is far worse is when people in the FRONT ROW at a sporting event decide to stand up on a 2-0 count in a meaningless situation, causing row 2 to stand, then row 3, then 4.... SIT DOWN MOTHERFKKKKKERS. I don't think there is anything wrong with reclining on the plane.

Another infuriating thing: Blarg's posting style.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep. Infuriating. I want to eat their livers with fava beans and a nice Chianti. And if I simply move my seat back as well, it accomplishes two things:

1. Could very well infuriate the person behind me, thus contributing to the chain of infuration that you mention in your baseball post.

2. Cause me to suck as much as the person in front of me, and I made an oath that I will NEVER suck as bad as they do.

Again, it's a minor thing, and completely irrational. Doesn't mean it doesn't make me want to club baby seals when it happens.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:06 PM

Parents at restaurants who don't give a damn about how their kid is behaving

I know you all are used to him screaming for hours as you carry on your life but we shouldn't have to put up with it

K thx
Old 07-09-2007, 05:27 PM

I'm walking down the office building hallway, there's one other person coming towards me 30 yards away. There's nobody else in sight, just him and me. I'm prepared for the casual 'hello' you do with strangers in this type of setting, you know, kinda awkward but standard. Wasn't even a complete stranger, I know where he works and have seen him plenty...

He stares perfectly straight and stiff. Walks right by in a 5 foot wide hallway as if I didn't exist! WTF dude, you can't be even vaguely social??? Not even the 'guy nod', just pretends I wasn't there. Jeez that bugs me...
Old 07-09-2007, 05:29 PM

my friends, who instead of just having a simple "beep" or their phone vibrate when they receive text messages, have like 5 seconds of a song every time the receive a text message.