Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-09-2007, 10:17 PM

Default Re: Brandi update

[ QUOTE ]
Sorry for the stupid question, but why is the prize pool less than $10K x (number of entrants)?

[/ QUOTE ]

they take 300 from the 10k + few percentage/
Old 07-09-2007, 10:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow explain this plz... I'm sure it involved a bit of luck but for example, why no AT?

John Phan has been playing a lot of hands and on this particular one he raised to 1,100 from middle position and both the blinds called. The flop came {6-Spades}{A-Hearts}{3-Clubs} and when Phan led out for 1,000 the small blind raised to 2,600. Phan re-popped it to 5K and the other player called. "You got me, kid," Phan said and checked in the dark. The other player also chose to check the {A-Spades} on the turn and they also checked the {5-Diamonds} on the river. "You either have A-9 or A-J," Phan predicted...and his opponent turned over A-9. Phan mucked and he currently sits with 35,500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe he was holding TT? I'm trying to figure out how he checked in the dark out of position. Edit: or rather, in position, but you see what I mean.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:21 PM

Default Re: ** WSOP ME, $10,000 NLHE, Day 1D , Monday, July 9 **

Jman was down to 3.5k but now has 29k at dinner break.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:22 PM

My scratch calculations indicate that they are taking about $600 / player. That's lame.

I don't get why they didn't just charge $10K + 500 or $10K + 600; maybe this way it's easier to hide how much they are taking?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Wow explain this plz... I'm sure it involved a bit of luck but for example, why no AT?

John Phan has been playing a lot of hands and on this particular one he raised to 1,100 from middle position and both the blinds called. The flop came {6-Spades}{A-Hearts}{3-Clubs} and when Phan led out for 1,000 the small blind raised to 2,600. Phan re-popped it to 5K and the other player called. "You got me, kid," Phan said and checked in the dark. The other player also chose to check the {A-Spades} on the turn and they also checked the {5-Diamonds} on the river. "You either have A-9 or A-J," Phan predicted...and his opponent turned over A-9. Phan mucked and he currently sits with 35,500.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phan just eliminated 2p2er carrotsnake, he said he was a luckbox
Old 07-09-2007, 10:30 PM

I got 38k at the dinner break. I feel really sick and played awful the last level. Started it with 42k. I did knockout Robert Williamson, who's a nice guy and a very poor nlh player. On the other hand, I did suck out on his 9k stack when I hit my open ended straight draw.

God, I hope this doesn't make ESPN.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe Phan had TT?

Oops. Just read TimTim's reply. Great minds?
Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 PM

Busted before dinner. Sick, but almost happy this crazy summer is over.
Old 07-09-2007, 10:54 PM

i just got off the phone with aaron been, he was at the feature table with jamie gold and busted with KK < set [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 07-09-2007, 10:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I have never listened to the band Godsmack (but I recognize the name from running into them when searching for Bad Religion songs to download), but I'm sure 10% of the field played in a hobby band in their teens that were way better.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dumb statement, even if Godsmack weren't very talented. Which they are.