Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > Tournament Circuit/WSOP
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: Joe Seboks blog post - Re: Ikes play

[ QUOTE ]
Theo Tran wants to punch Isaac Haxton.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF? Why?
Old 07-07-2007, 10:37 PM

You may want to listen to today's Pokerwire show, http://cache.libsyn.com/pokerwire/07...yFunturday.mp3
Old 07-07-2007, 10:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Theo Tran wants to punch Isaac Haxton.

[/ QUOTE ]

Much hate for Issac. Doesn't seem like a bad guy. Just a lot of these poker pros sounds like a bunch of weenies.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You may want to listen to today's Pokerwire show, http://cache.libsyn.com/pokerwire/07...yFunturday.mp3

[/ QUOTE ]

my speakers are broken. whats the synopsis?
Old 07-07-2007, 11:14 PM

i think this whole ordeal just proves that most of the 'big name' live pros who arent familiar with teh internet players are going to see plays like the one ike made against joe as 'horrible' plays without ever really going into any fair analysis of the hand and taking everything into consideration... probably an ego thing

i mean just imagine if it were someone like phil hellmuth or daniel negreanu in sebok's position... these two guys are known to vent a very large amount and whine about plays their opponents make against them. im sure either one of them would've had a more adverse reaction (daniel in a blog or video blog and phil just in person immediately after the hands)

would've been interesting to see the reaction on the forums had if daniel had been in this situation, as he is much more respected and has a loyal following
Old 07-07-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
it seems like Joe has no understanding of a resteal whatsoever. On the radio show he called the A-10 a zero play...mocking ike saying if you get called your crushed and if you have him beat hes going to fold. He has no clue that you are raising it to steal his raise and that the A-10 is meaningless at this point. He's looking at it as Ike trying to get it in with A-10 against a hand worse then A-10 which is ludicrous and shows that Sebok really has no clue

[/ QUOTE ]

This is really so ludicrous its not even funny. Of course you won't be called by a worse hand, but youll at least have usually 25-30% equity when called (and of course sometimes around 45% against underpairs), and you won't be called that often.

I don't know this Sebok guy at all, I just hate when people act like they are God's gift and insult other players, while at the same time spouting the most ignorant nonsense I've ever heard. I'm surprised he didn't go on to say how it'd be much better to steal with 76s because then you aren't dominated when you get called.

[/ QUOTE ]

curtains, this sums it up pretty much perfectly. the fact that any players sit there and act like a smug douche because of the way another player played(regardless of whether it was defensible, or not) is a total embarassment to being a poker player. like really, my friends see this [censored] on tv and figure all poker players are like this. unfortunately, they are right.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank goodness nobody on 2+2 is like that.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

my speakers are broken. whats the synopsis?

[/ QUOTE ]

That you're a bad poker playin, annoying, SOB!

But yeah, Theo said everything about you annoyed him, and that you just really suck.

I have a hard time remembering things on the show when they have like six different people talking at once.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:18 PM

Lots of trash talk. "He proved why he's a fish," blah blah blah. General "zomg ike is so bad and an annoying guy" type stuff. Bunch of bragging about snapping off a bluff w/ ace high. I was hoping for some "hu4rollz lol" type stuff, but alas.... not yet anyway, 20 minutes in.
Old 07-07-2007, 11:24 PM

Wow Ike I didn't kno ppl had such disdain for you as Theo does.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:06 AM

yah no [censored]. they are really putting u and your friends down... jeez...

it was either theo or they have someone else on too, and he called you and your friends gay.. then they were making fun of how u overpushed with pocket 4 against aces and got snap called and sucked out..