Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Fours
Black 14 31.82%
Red 17 38.64%
Mixed 13 29.55%
Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-19-2007, 07:15 AM

Default Re: Can anyone fill us in on Vanessa Rousso altercation?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Hey Vanessa, I had KJ when you had TT in the 6max event. No set.

[/ QUOTE ]

Chad is gonna act like he can kick your ass. Wearing a viking helmut, too.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 06-19-2007, 07:15 AM

I believe Vanessa. He probably got on her case so he could come to this forum and brag how he got all in her face like he was cool or something.

He then ran into someone in the real world who was going to kick his ass and got all scared.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Personally, I believe Vanessa's side of the story, and I wouldn't be surprised if someone else who was at the table chimes in to verify. I also wouldn't be surprised, if as others have said, the truth is likely somewhere in between.

If you believe Vanessa's side of the story, her being defensive about her results wrt Aaron's tournament results is somewhat reasonable, considering she called her an idiot and things.. I would think most around here would try and say something to defend themselves.

One thing about these sorts of things though, is that it really is just one event in a person's life. Perhap's both Aaron and Vanessa were having bad days and were rubbing each other the wrong way.. No need to judge either of them solely on one incident.

[/ QUOTE ]
Have you not seen Vanessa's act on TV. She is annoying as hell, and I have little doubt that Aaron's account is far closer to the truth than hers. Her whole post was through rose-colored glasses, and she did NOTHING wrong in her estimation. Aaron admitted what he said, and said that's all he said, and many people have vouched for his character in that her side of it sounds completely wrong. I don't know what more you need to hear, except maybe actual audio from the table.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Checks to cutoff short stack player who raises to 600 (100, 200 blinds).

[/ QUOTE ]

Re-raise pre-flop if he is short stacked and only opening 3x with 10.75 bb's since AJs is so strong shorthanded?

[ QUOTE ]
I call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oops.

[ QUOTE ]
I make an aggressive call of 1550 more because I was getting more than 3:1 on my money, we were shorthanded so AJ is stronger than in ring games, and I still have a healthy 10K (almost double average) stack even if I lose.

[/ QUOTE ]

Aggressive call, nice. Also, starting hand value's do not rise and fall depending on if it is cash or tournaments.

[ QUOTE ]
Flop comes A A 2 rainbow. Big stack checks and I check.

[/ QUOTE ]

[blablablablablablabla....continues with rant]

[/ QUOTE ]

OMG! Why do we care for your elaborately written opinions in this thread?

Amazing how some posters thinks that we give a [censored] about what they think... Did you really find it necessary (and worthwhile) to dissect her post in that way [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I care and give a F what he thinks, and others do too, obviously, from the responses.

This is a discussion forum. If you do not like discussion, the may not be the place for you.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all I never called Vanessa an idiot or pathetic. The exhcange she has in quotes is inaccurate, she actually said I was not worth it and bad and I said "bad at what?" while laughing and then we both stopped talking. At some point she said "who the [censored] are you?" Insulting things I said included that she misplayed every street and could not have played the hand worse. I probably said she played terribly as well. Guilty as charged.

Also she was the first one to say right as the shortstack shoved that the 3bettor couldn't reraise. Also the flop was AA4 with two diamonds. During the hand she said that the three bettor might be an idiot with kings and after the hand she kept saying it was so sick that he had 2 outed her. (Also she was not happy about the dealer calling the clock which is debatable but she did take well over 4 minutes.) That's when I first opened my mouth (BIG MISTAKE!). And LOL at her lasting 30 more minutes. After the ax debacle (she mucked with only an ace face up so im not sure she was even as strong as aj) she played a few pots and doubled up with jj allin preflop vs ak. Then she overcalled an ep raise from the sb with 910o one or two orbits later and then check called a q9x flop and check called a turn shove on a rag and lost to kq and got up and left.

Hopefully some of the guys from our table post on 2p2 and they can chime in. Seats 1, 2, and I had a good laugh about it after Vanessa left (honestly I wouldn't have if I had known how upset she was.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess things can get pretty heated at the tables pretty fast.

Did you really think that an apology later was not in order when you met her in the hallway?

[/ QUOTE ]
Guys, Vanessa already HAS a boyfriend.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
First of all I never called Vanessa an idiot or pathetic. The exhcange she has in quotes is inaccurate, she actually said I was not worth it and bad and I said "bad at what?" while laughing and then we both stopped talking. At some point she said "who the [censored] are you?" Insulting things I said included that she misplayed every street and could not have played the hand worse. I probably said she played terribly as well. Guilty as charged.

Also she was the first one to say right as the shortstack shoved that the 3bettor couldn't reraise. Also the flop was AA4 with two diamonds. During the hand she said that the three bettor might be an idiot with kings and after the hand she kept saying it was so sick that he had 2 outed her. (Also she was not happy about the dealer calling the clock which is debatable but she did take well over 4 minutes.) That's when I first opened my mouth (BIG MISTAKE!). And LOL at her lasting 30 more minutes. After the ax debacle (she mucked with only an ace face up so im not sure she was even as strong as aj) she played a few pots and doubled up with jj allin preflop vs ak. Then she overcalled an ep raise from the sb with 910o one or two orbits later and then check called a q9x flop and check called a turn shove on a rag and lost to kq and got up and left.

Hopefully some of the guys from our table post on 2p2 and they can chime in. Seats 1, 2, and I had a good laugh about it after Vanessa left (honestly I wouldn't have if I had known how upset she was.)

[/ QUOTE ]

I guess things can get pretty heated at the tables pretty fast.

Did you really think that an apology later was not in order when you met her in the hallway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you kidding? There's no way anyone would give an apology after her boyfriend threatens to beat him up. It's not about the confrontation between the two of them at that point, it's about Chad Brown running in like Rambo without a jock strap to play hero.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe Vanessa. He probably got on her case so he could come to this forum and brag how he got all in her face like he was cool or something.

He then ran into someone in the real world who was going to kick his ass and got all scared.

[/ QUOTE ]OP was by someone else and it doesn't look to me like he was bragging in any of his posts.
LOL "aggressive call" and "hand values go up". Upon in depth analysis AJ is actually 60% to win vs TT when shorthanded!

I think Vanessa and Brandi should get together to discuss percentages.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:28 AM

The fact that 1/3rd of Vanessa's first post is describing the hand and defending her play is irrefutable evidence that she is probably very very bad at poker.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:28 AM

I had no idea there were so many meatheads on 2p2. Anyone defending Chad's desire to fight someone over the mocking of his gf's play needs cycle off the testosterone for a few weeks.

Poker tables are full of [censored] (even though by every single account Aaron is not one of them), and if Vanessa can't deal with it, she should stick to online play where nobody ever says anything negative or out of line at the table.
Old 06-19-2007, 07:32 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I had no idea there were so many meatheads on 2p2. Anyone defending Chad's desire to fight someone over the mocking of his gf's play needs cycle off the testosterone for a few weeks.

Poker tables are full of [censored] (even though by every single account Aaron is not one of them), and if Vanessa can't deal with it, she should stick to online play where nobody ever says anything negative or out of line at the table.

[/ QUOTE ]
I've played plenty with her online. People say things there too, but that's because she's not very good at poker.