Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-29-2007, 10:15 PM

Default Re: How Nitty? Parking situation w/diagram

You could combine these two ideas:

[ QUOTE ]
Talk to man of the house, make many bad women driver jokes, both laugh, man will move car, all will be well.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
If you want to avoid confrontation, teach your wife how to back into a parking spot well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Get some flashlights with cones or bright orange plastic sticks like this, and stand out in the street directing your wife out of the driveway. Your neighbor will get the hint.

Old 05-30-2007, 12:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]

And obviously don't mention the previous accident or take some stupid "lol women can't drive" angle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could you be any more pretentious Dids? Jesus. Mentioning the accident isn't a bad idea at all, assuming LFS can bring it up without it sounding like, "dude, bro, move your car my wife will crush it." And if the neighbor seems like a guy who could laugh at a cheap joke, why not make fun of your wife if it'll lighten the mood a little? It's one of those things that is pretty easy to play by ear. and obviously. *puke*

[ QUOTE ]

My only worry would be, since its right out front, that they see the ticket being written and come out to stop it and the ticketing cop says "Yeah we got a complaint" it won't be too hard to figure out who phoned it in. Then the neighbor might think "WTF? Why didn't he just ask me if I could move it?"

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this completely.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
- Teaching her to back into the driveway is out of the question.

[/ QUOTE ]

So it's harder than her backing out of the driveway with a car directly across?

[/ QUOTE ]

Wife hitting neighbor's car > wife hitting my house

[/ QUOTE ]

Does she really need to be driving if she can't back her car up the driveway without serious threat to the house? Sounds like a danger to herself and the public. Take action please.
Old 05-30-2007, 01:37 AM

Having myself parked about 3/4ths of an inch down and right of the orange rectangle, then being made to move, I can confirm the extreme narrowness & problematic maneuvering conditions of LF Slim's street. Parking is a bit of a hike IMO but I may have been overdoing the walk. I have nothing to offer re: The Wyf or her driving capabilities, but my faith in Slim's reportage is total.

Seriously, just crack a beer and joke about skirts and their LOLable skillz. "I gotta tell ya, she plowed that poor bastard's SAAB, God love 'er. Ha ha! Grab you another Heinie?"
Old 05-30-2007, 03:03 AM

We had a similar situation at our house where the situations were reversed. We were parking legally, but there was a 70 year old that was near blind (who would later lose his license), but he hit our car once backing out b/c he's a bad driver and we just decided to park in a different spot. I mean once the person knows that you are capable of hitting a car b/c you are a bad driver you don't really have to ask them to move. If they have any sense, they'll just park somewhere else to get out of the way of a bad driver. It doesn't matter if they're parked legally or not.
Old 05-30-2007, 10:00 AM

I live just outside of Boston, on a small sidestreet that creates many similar situations where people park their cars on the side of the street directly across from someone's driveway. This street is very narrow but no one seems to have any problems getting in and out. Sure they might have to be more diligent and careful but there are no complaints. It can't hurt talking to your neighbors but given the fact that everyone else seems to park in front of their driveways in your neighborhood, they might be less receptive to you asking them to move their car then they normally might be. I think it is high time you require your wife to learn how to back out properly.

FYI here is a diagram of my street:

Old 05-30-2007, 10:49 AM

The original advice to make the bad women driver's joke is still the best.

This is an excellent thread BTW.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:12 AM

This is a reasonable request and not nitty, especially since it is an illegal spot and there has already been one accident before. Regardless of if its a nitty request, its in everyones best interest to prevent an accident so I don't see how your neighbor could be mad at you. Whoever said go over and make a joke is right, being an amiable and funny guy helps work these situations out a lot.
Old 05-30-2007, 11:34 AM

Anyone figured out what the point of owning a SUV is yet? I await enlightenment.
Old 05-30-2007, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I live just outside of Boston, on a small sidestreet that creates many similar situations where people park their cars on the side of the street directly across from someone's driveway. This street is very narrow but no one seems to have any problems getting in and out. Sure they might have to be more diligent and careful but there are no complaints. It can't hurt talking to your neighbors but given the fact that everyone else seems to park in front of their driveways in your neighborhood, they might be less receptive to you asking them to move their car then they normally might be. I think it is high time you require your wife to learn how to back out properly.

FYI here is a diagram of my street:

[/ QUOTE ]

Newton represent, you from the south or north side?