Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > BBV4Life
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2007, 01:40 AM

Default Re: brag :: Starcraft 2

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tbh all these things that are announced make it seem as toss are going to be super ripped and have few, if any, counters to them

[/ QUOTE ]

ya lol when i was watching the toss video i was like cool when i saw the immortals kill the tank.....then i was like SUPER COOL when i saw the marines jumping cliffs but when the toss guys started teleporting i was like ummmmm balance issue.

[/ QUOTE ]

those rines jumping the cliffs are different units, the toss units teleporting will probably be a a balance issue easily solved with some sort of energy usage
Old 05-26-2007, 01:42 AM

what about the protoss mothership that has a black hole and a doomsday gun that kills like 50 marines in 5 seconds
Old 05-26-2007, 01:54 AM

i have a couple qualms with sc3, mainly that colossus unit pos, it doesn't make any sense to have an anti-infantry type unit paired with other infantry, you are looking to mix the immortals/dragons with the colossus if you have to, this leads us to another problem, if the colossus counter is air attack, the immortals/dragoons can hit air so wtf? mass immortal/colossus is my prediction of a popular attack type in this game.

Looking at the overdrive or whatever its called ability by the protoss air unit (the ones that can't kill battlecruisers) is pretty much useless since any respectable player getting into an air vs air confrontation would run as soon as this ability is activated and strike when its over.

those beam cannons are pretty useless in a mass fight scenario, from my understanding, the damage per second increases as long as the unit is alive, but that is only useful when you don't have 12+ships fighting, there are just too many units for that thing to be effective.

they also took the bouncing glaives away from the mutalisks which sucks balls, those were key for harassing your opposition as well as forcing your opponent to bring in extra air units to act as a buffer in sc2 (mainly, if 12 mutas fought 12 mutas, the player that brings overlords with the mutas win).

hope they balance it out well...

btw, f u blizzard for forcing me to save for a new comp so i can run this pos and lose to damn koreans and 15 yr olds that play all damn day.
Old 06-07-2007, 11:23 PM

Please to be watching the gameplay videos

http://media.pc.ign.com/media/850/850126/vids_1.html
Old 06-07-2007, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have a couple qualms with sc3, mainly that colossus unit pos, it doesn't make any sense to have an anti-infantry type unit paired with other infantry, you are looking to mix the immortals/dragons with the colossus if you have to, this leads us to another problem, if the colossus counter is air attack, the immortals/dragoons can hit air so wtf? mass immortal/colossus is my prediction of a popular attack type in this game.

Looking at the overdrive or whatever its called ability by the protoss air unit (the ones that can't kill battlecruisers) is pretty much useless since any respectable player getting into an air vs air confrontation would run as soon as this ability is activated and strike when its over.

those beam cannons are pretty useless in a mass fight scenario, from my understanding, the damage per second increases as long as the unit is alive, but that is only useful when you don't have 12+ships fighting, there are just too many units for that thing to be effective.

they also took the bouncing glaives away from the mutalisks which sucks balls, those were key for harassing your opposition as well as forcing your opponent to bring in extra air units to act as a buffer in sc2 (mainly, if 12 mutas fought 12 mutas, the player that brings overlords with the mutas win).

hope they balance it out well...

btw, f u blizzard for forcing me to save for a new comp so i can run this pos and lose to damn koreans and 15 yr olds that play all damn day.

[/ QUOTE ]

you seem to be assuming way too much crap.
Old 06-08-2007, 02:07 AM

I just played a 59 minute game and lost vs a terran, I'm on life tilttttt
Old 06-08-2007, 12:12 PM

cant wait for starcraft 2 so I have started playing original starcraft. But the battlenet is [censored] up and lagging as [censored], so I have an idea. Everyone should just log onto a server on Hamachi (it creates a Lan ip or something) so all of the 2+2ers who want to play starcraft togheter simply have to log onto hamachi and start playing!

Man that would be so cool. Anyone up for it?
Old 06-08-2007, 02:03 PM

This game is going to ruin my life just like brood war did... and poker.

This game looks unreal... anyone notice that the marines have knives on the end of the guns? thats [censored]... no more medics?
Old 06-09-2007, 03:47 PM

Any1 want to arrange a 2+2 tournament? a 1on1 tournament, and perhaps a 2on2, or FFA?
Old 06-10-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Any1 want to arrange a 2+2 tournament? a 1on1 tournament, and perhaps a 2on2, or FFA?

[/ QUOTE ]

FFA is extremely fun, but not good for a tournament.

I wish I still had my old copy of sc, maybe I can still find it somewhere. Im pretty sure I dont have a cd key though.