View Poll Results: KQo
raise 38 71.70%
fold 11 20.75%
call 4 7.55%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 PM

Default Re: NL Bots on Full Tilt

[ QUOTE ]
I just have a little faith in the system. If they froze their accounts,then let them back on, I assume that they aren't. You can have your conspiricy theories, I choose to have my own opinions. Believe me when I tell you I'm NOT a programmer, I wish I was that smart. Please don't shred someone for having a differing opinion,though, that is what forums are all about. Cheers..

[/ QUOTE ]

omgicantbelieveitablechattedw/u die botter!
Old 05-09-2007, 01:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
All 3 bots (1forhtethumb hasn't played for awhile) yesterday.
None of them have played today (not yet at least)

[/ QUOTE ]

What time do they normally play?

[/ QUOTE ]

After midnight (ET time) and after 4 PM are the most common hours (and they play for several hours in a row).
Old 05-09-2007, 01:44 PM

Wow, I knew these guys (1forthethumb, full_tilting, and mariojr) always put in a ton of hands from my datamining but I guess I never noticed how similar all of their stats were. 14/7 is fairly common so I didn't think much of it. I just checked and can confirm they hadn't played each other as of mid March when I stopped collecting data on those stakes. Funny thing is, I wasn't even playing at Full Tilt at the time, just datamining in case I ever came back. But, my brother was playing so I sent him all the hand histories and told him to focus on exploiting these guys since they're on constantly. Last I heard, all those guys just quit playing one day, and my brother had moved up to 2/4 after kicking their ass. Oh and I have about 25,000 hands on each of them and Full_tilting is the only one ahead (3.00 BB/100). The other two are pretty much breakeven but down a little bit.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:45 PM

To the OP. One of the most interesting posts I've read. I was a bit shocked that I read the whole thing, considering how long it was.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:47 PM

I assume someone from 2+2 is checking to see if brandonjoseph is posting from cmu/pittsburgh area?
Old 05-09-2007, 01:47 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
over 30,000 hands for each of these players, they have never recorded a single pot with each other.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow this is crazy. I only skimmed through OP's post, and i'll go back through it now. But have these players only been found at 1/2 full ring? I dont have a single hand on any of them at 1/2 6max FWIW

[/ QUOTE ]

me neither, and I data mine 16 tables 24/7.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"1forthethumb" and "mariojr"??? LOL

Sounds like the work of some CMU geeks (or some other Pittsburgh sports fan(s) ).

For those unfamiliar with Pittsburgh sports lore-- the Steelers had 4 Super Bowl victories/rings until 2006; enough for each finger of the hand but the thumb. From the 1980's to 2006 the Steeler fans' rallying cry was "One for the thumb".

As for "mariojr"-- back in the mid 1990's, someone noticed that 2nd banana Penguins hockey star Jaromir Jagr's first name was an anagram for "Mario Jr."-- as in Mario Lemieux. [Sorry if this is obvious to everyone-- I just figured that not everyone here follows Pittsburgh sports and some might not have caught the connection].

I'm no FBI profiler, but makes sense to me that this is the work of some college math/poker geeks at a techy school like CMU and the connection that two of the suspected bots' names have is highly suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

Another nice catch! One of the traits of bot-rings in the past was similar naming conventions.

These don't seem to be very sophisticated botters, and yet they're beating 200NL.

BrandonJoseph, a successful bot ring neds more than a good programmer or two, it also needs a SME (poker player) and a funder (who fronts the cash). The fact that you are not programmer doesn't mean you're not a botter. I'm not saying anything, other than the fact that you haven't denied it yet.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:50 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Okay, we have found the bot owner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya think?!?!?! He newly registers for 2+2 Forums today and first three posts he ever makes are in this thread.

Another example that criminals are narcissistic and egotistic deviants who believe they can't be caught no matter how much they flaunt their crimes.

I certainly hope that posters here who play at FTP (including me) will contact FTP about this, and I hope that the moderators of this forum will cooperate with any further FTP investigation by sharing information on the identity of BrandonJoseph47.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:51 PM

Alright,you know what? F you guys! I'm just a guy who loves poker like the rest of you, and you're no different than the rest of these secret-handshaking forums that isolate someone with a different opinion, and trash them. And you complain about bots?? The irony is sickening. You robots all jump on the "it's cool to be on my fellow forum friends' side" bandwagon! Sorry for having a different point of view. Grow up.
Old 05-09-2007, 01:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
"1forthethumb" and "mariojr"??? LOL

Sounds like the work of some CMU geeks (or some other Pittsburgh sports fan(s) ).

For those unfamiliar with Pittsburgh sports lore-- the Steelers had 4 Super Bowl victories/rings until 2006; enough for each finger of the hand but the thumb. From the 1980's to 2006 the Steeler fans' rallying cry was "One for the thumb".

As for "mariojr"-- back in the mid 1990's, someone noticed that 2nd banana Penguins hockey star Jaromir Jagr's first name was an anagram for "Mario Jr."-- as in Mario Lemieux. [Sorry if this is obvious to everyone-- I just figured that not everyone here follows Pittsburgh sports and some might not have caught the connection].

I'm no FBI profiler, but makes sense to me that this is the work of some college math/poker geeks at a techy school like CMU and the connection that two of the suspected bots' names have is highly suspicious.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow...nice catch.