Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Tournament Poker > MTT Community
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2007, 05:20 AM

Default Re: ~Official May Turning Stone ECPC Thread~

[ QUOTE ]
i took 19th, lost AK to AT in final 22ish, then shoved the BB (who is the biggest nit ever) and he called with AJ (5 bets) (his range is AJ+), so then i was down to 7k when BB was 8k with 1k antes... i managed to get 19th haha

[/ QUOTE ]

this was fairly amusing because you and the kid on your right were both sorta solid, esp when your first openraise was 2.5x which is my opener i was thinking, hmm okay i prob know him from somewhere.

im surprised u actually did win the sunday mil tho, i was convinced you were borring dim-tix's jacket as I coulda sworn timex would have mentioned a fellow waterloo guy winning the mil maybe 400 times this year. i was convinced u were mrBigQueso for a brief moment, i was hoping so very badly you would say yes so I could yell "YOU NEVER FOLD!!!"

and for those who obv werent there, the deep stack turbo was a total joke structure. imagine the ps 109 freezeout except cut the stacks in half at 20 people left.

i shoved 8bb with 33, smallstack with 2bb calls with A8s all in, and the SB (guy to choppys right) hems and haws for like 45 seconds. im kinda amused as i think he has sixes or something so im like "lol folding will only result in my laughing at you kindly" and then 10 seconds later he tables queens in what i originaly thought was a fold (??!?) but he did in fact call/slowroll and eliminated us both and i sorta bubble. however i won the lastlonger again and am up nicely without doing anything significant, i just need to be better than shaun deeb =)

randal was eliminated 10th when blinds were moved to 15k/30k right on his UTG and he found fours and shoved 190k, and a tag guy shoved over with AQo and gg. such a setup tournament.

funniest hand of the day was what got randal to the FT and his first turning stone cash. he shoved 8bb utg with 77, a shortstack called allin for 2bb with AQs, folded to BB (hes the black guy who always wears the nice designer street clothing whos very tight and superaggro) who posts his 12kbb and open folds JJ leaving 9k behind. at that exact moment i think my head exploded.

i mean, he admitted later he made a stupid laydown, so perhaps he is learning not to be a -1 dimensional player and good for him, trial and error and whatnot. but that was thefunniest fold i have ever seen. people here dont seemt o pay attention to bb amounts, they just see a raise and an all-in and assume queens are no good even though the original shover has 3bb and the reraiser has 7bb. its just lol in general.

today is the bounty tournament, and I have not slept and I'm thinking it may not be prudent for me to be playing in this, however on no sleep I prove to be a very effective nit, a la Rizen. I guess we'll see. I do have to defend my back-to-back last longer ownage.
Old 05-09-2007, 05:49 AM

you get a jacket for winning the million?
Old 05-09-2007, 06:31 AM

i'm totally sleeping in today and driving up tonight

unless i'm still awake in like two hours
Old 05-09-2007, 07:00 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the same as the leather ones you get from the PS store, but has "sunday million champion" written in one of the top corners.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its the same as the leather ones you get from the PS store, but has "sunday million champion" written in one of the top corners.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't believe you made this post without referencing me.
I figured it would be...except for stealth...his says 'Lobojiji's bitch'

f brazillian cardsharks.
f timex.
Old 05-09-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't believe you made this post without referencing me.
I figured it would be...except for stealth...his says 'Lobojiji's bitch'

f brazillian cardsharks.
f timex.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why would I reference someone who didn't win the Sunday Million? I may as well have referenced this whole forum if you think you are special
Old 05-09-2007, 07:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i took 19th, lost AK to AT in final 22ish, then shoved the BB (who is the biggest nit ever) and he called with AJ (5 bets) (his range is AJ+), so then i was down to 7k when BB was 8k with 1k antes... i managed to get 19th haha

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't tell me you are stalling for top 20's in live tournies too...
Old 05-09-2007, 08:30 AM

Sup thread

Clayton got grimstarr'ed... lol

I haven't read the last couple of the pages of this thread, but in case he hasn't already posted...

We were playing 6 handed 2-5. His first hand he calls a raise in LP and bets the flop (with success) and tables 4-2 for 4-high.

Next hand, Clayton gets QQ and it folded to the SB (a lucksack running rly hot) who raises, Clayton 3bets, and the SB gets all excited and 4bet shoves AQos. Clayton snapcalls his QQ and the board runs 4 diamonds making the lucksack a Q-high flush.

Rigged.

Anyways i'm up like ~1500 in cash, but will probably busto myself due to tournaments and Last Longers and such.

Choppy, Clayton and I were the ones who talked to you after the tournament. I think I asked you if Evenkeal was here [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2007, 08:32 AM

I am here, I met ASPoker as he was at my table for the 2nd tournament, I suck at live tournaments though so I'll be playing 500max, 1000max or 300min after I bust.
Old 05-09-2007, 11:09 AM

sigh I been out for 30min I can't get anything going even though I get my stack in good first then lose and anytime I am ahead I lose.

I am live cash busto again so whoever can help pm me please and half the stuff will be gone before lunch