Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Poker > Heads Up Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2007, 10:29 PM

Default Re: ***May Low Content Thread*** - Cwar brag thread.

Me 2.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:48 PM

I try to check it down since it has showdown value and only 2 outs. Unless it's suited, then I might minraise PF.
Old 05-26-2007, 12:56 AM

I lost a 25BB pot with a flush [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] I still won 20BB today though. Not bad.
Old 05-26-2007, 02:51 AM

Just played MLJ heads up for like an hour and a half, I ended winning a small amount because of an AA vs JJ setup but I thought he played really well after the first couple big pots, he was playing me super well in big 3-bet pots I give him a lot of props. Im still super curious about the 87 float on the 543 board too MLJ. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2007, 03:06 AM

Why you playing 2+2ers?

If you don't mind playing other forum guys then you should move up [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-26-2007, 02:09 PM

Cwar those two hands are pretty gross. I assume these are non standard? If not, maybe you shouldn't be mixing HU and 6 max.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:06 PM

I play a few 2+2ers and am up on most of them.

i love playing guys that i know post on poker forums. usually. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 05-27-2007, 05:48 PM

I seriously cannot win HU anymore, at all.

Every single time I try to play a session of longer than 3 or 4 matches I always seem to start with a 5+ game losing streak (usually started by some incredible crap hand, today's session was KQ < A9hh all-in on K22 one heart flop to runner flush, and top set < flopped flush vs. stone retard who's open shoved 3 of the last 5 flops in unraised pots. Both for effectively all chips in play).

Every time I try to sit down for a session of any length I just can't win, at all, no matter how I play, no matter who I play.

I know that people run bad, happens to everyone. But when you're not even winning 40% of your games over the last few days (I think, if my records are correct, I've won something like 29 of my last 77 matches, a ~ 37.6% win rate... after running about 60% for the first 300-400 games I played)... if my true winrate actually IS 60%, even in with this small-ish sample size, the odds of that bad of a streak fall off of most Z tables. Thus I must not be playing as well as I usually do.

Seriously, how do you people deal with really bad short term variance? I find that on days like today where I go 1-6 in my first 7 games I absolutely cannot force myself to play for the next few days. I'm lucky I forced myself to stop playing today, I felt myself starting to play really spewy the last couple games.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:58 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I seriously cannot win HU anymore, at all.

Every single time I try to play a session of longer than 3 or 4 matches I always seem to start with a 5+ game losing streak (usually started by some incredible crap hand, today's session was KQ < A9hh all-in on K22 one heart flop to runner flush, and top set < flopped flush vs. stone retard who's open shoved 3 of the last 5 flops in unraised pots. Both for effectively all chips in play).

Every time I try to sit down for a session of any length I just can't win, at all, no matter how I play, no matter who I play.

I know that people run bad, happens to everyone. But when you're not even winning 40% of your games over the last few days (I think, if my records are correct, I've won something like 29 of my last 77 matches, a ~ 37.6% win rate... after running about 60% for the first 300-400 games I played)... if my true winrate actually IS 60%, even in with this small-ish sample size, the odds of that bad of a streak fall off of most Z tables. Thus I must not be playing as well as I usually do.

Seriously, how do you people deal with really bad short term variance? I find that on days like today where I go 1-6 in my first 7 games I absolutely cannot force myself to play for the next few days. I'm lucky I forced myself to stop playing today, I felt myself starting to play really spewy the last couple games.

[/ QUOTE ]

streaks like that suck. Right now im 0-5 my last 5 games... thank god its happening on days when i don't play for long... And hopefully it turns around on Tuesday.

It's frustrating but when you are running bad and things are going crappy, this is when it matters.

Any moron can play good with good cards... What helps me overcome these streaks is understand that limiting your losses during a bad run is what makes you better than the next schmuck.

Winning with bad cards and a bunch of b.s. going on means more than winning with good cards when you are running great and nothing seems to go wrong.
Old 05-27-2007, 06:16 PM

I've been runnning very bad recently as well. I'm on a 14 buy in downswing atm. It's very embarrassing and I've noticed a few tilty plays on my part costing me prolly a couple of buy ins.

When I'm only getting crap and fail my occasional bluffs I've noticed a compelling need to make some coin flips, I just can't help it. If I can put all the chips in the pot with 50% or more equity I just do it no matter how small pot. I'm not sure if it's good to gamble like that when you have something like 1200 chips and your opponent has 1800. I doubt it. Should I try to avoid making coinflips in a small pot with those stack sizes? I think avoiding those coin flips against a bad player is good but how about a mediocre (0% ROI) player or a good player?
Closed Thread