Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2007, 04:40 PM

Default Re: Ram Vaswani speaks about that \'Golf Game\'.

he didnt start dumping to our man aba til after this happened, he had the money or at least a huge portion of it
Old 04-19-2007, 05:14 PM

all of this makes me think ram is an idiot. sure, what ivey did could be viewed as unethical, but thats part of the gambling and hustling world. Ram is a part of this world too. he needs to quit whining about getting ownd in a prop bet and pay up. nice play ivey.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:39 PM

Whoever's tale has more truth, just remember it's the winner that get's to write history.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:47 PM

A lot of people on here forget that poker is a game based on deception, a fair game at that, when played within it's accepted rules by both parties. A game of golf does not encompass deception as part of it's accepted rules. By using deception in setting up a golf game when your opponent is not, you are taking the rules of poker and applying it to real life. If you think real life is about deciveiving people in order to make money then I think that's a real shame.
Old 04-19-2007, 05:57 PM

epic drama
Old 04-19-2007, 05:58 PM

I hope Ivey doesn't get nearly as many games anymore
I hope Ram pays Ivey
I hope DN keeps making up entertaining blog posts
I hop Sbrugby and Ivey play HU tonight
Old 04-19-2007, 06:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]

The Ram/Phil side comes down to where you stand about hustling/conning. I think it's lame way to live your life to be looking for spots to con your "friends" all the time. How Ram didn't know better is strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cuz Ram himself probably caught up in the appeal of being "friends" with Phil Ivey, when it seems Phil is the type of guy who values casual friendships far less than the ability to maximize a huge edge. That is definitely my impression of Phil--a total lone gun, in it for "delf," and I can assure you he considers the homies who have been with him since day one to be much closer, truer friends than the gambling buddies he's acquired since becoming The Best Poker Player Ever.

I'm acquainted with Ram and not at all with Phil, and I like Ram a lot as a person, but I'm inclined to think he made a big mistake and didn't properly conceive of a way to resolve the situation.

I was in a golf gambling situation once with friends, where I knew I was taking the worst of it against one in particular, halfway getting hustled even, but I participated in the gambling part anyway because it would have been lame and not fun for me to abstain. Peer pressure, the lust for action, and going with the flow all play a part of it.

I don't think Ram is trying to "re-scam" Phil or whatever people are saying, but it seems clear to me that he did get carried away in the action of the moment, feels like he was hustled, and is trying to "welsh." If I were the arbitrator, I would have Ram and Phil settle for an amount somewhere in the middle and let Ram work out a payment plan.
Old 04-19-2007, 06:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

The Ram/Phil side comes down to where you stand about hustling/conning. I think it's lame way to live your life to be looking for spots to con your "friends" all the time. How Ram didn't know better is strange.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's cuz Ram himself probably caught up in the appeal of being "friends" with Phil Ivey, when it seems Phil is the type of guy who values casual friendships far less than the ability to maximize a huge edge. That is definitely my impression of Phil--a total lone gun, in it for "delf," and I can assure you he considers the homies who have been with him since day one to be much closer, truer friends than the gambling buddies he's acquired since becoming The Best Poker Player Ever.

I'm acquainted with Ram and not at all with Phil, and I like Ram a lot as a person, but I'm inclined to think he made a big mistake and didn't properly conceive of a way to resolve the situation.

I was in a golf gambling situation once with friends, where I knew I was taking the worst of it against one in particular, halfway getting hustled even, but I participated in the gambling part anyway because it would have been lame and not fun for me to abstain. Peer pressure, the lust for action, and going with the flow all play a part of it.

I don't think Ram is trying to "re-scam" Phil or whatever people are saying, but it seems clear to me that he did get carried away in the action of the moment, feels like he was hustled, and is trying to "welsh." If I were the arbitrator, I would have Ram and Phil settle for an amount somewhere in the middle and let Ram work out a payment plan.

[/ QUOTE ]

did you mean to type "self" or is delf a new word im not aware of? (dont mean to come off nitpicking just trying to make sure i get the meaning of the post)
Old 04-19-2007, 06:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

did you mean to type "self" or is delf a new word im not aware of? (dont mean to come off nitpicking just trying to make sure i get the meaning of the post)

[/ QUOTE ]

Delf
Old 04-19-2007, 06:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Delf

[/ QUOTE ]

guess i got to pick it up, neither me or 5 friends i asked on aim knew what "delf" was.