Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 02:19 PM

Default Re: Style opinion and social commentary on clothing

You're too old for all of these. They'll just make you seem older. Like a balding guy with a ponytail.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:20 PM

PITTM,

No joke. The clothing company is 100% for real. It's happening. More details soon.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Shadow: I never shop at hot topic, there's pretty much nothing there I would wear. I don't own any lacoste shirts.

CDS: Yes, you are not our target demo. However, perhaps we can work out a deal that will results in you getting a highly coveted limited-edition shirt!

[/ QUOTE ]

works for me
Old 04-05-2007, 02:35 PM

i'll be a model for your clothing company in return for introduction to the girl models
Old 04-05-2007, 02:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]
El D,
I have only read 10 replies before I have to ask you this: How tall are you and what your build is? I'm 5 feet 8.5 and i can never pull that off because it attracts too much attention to my body and height.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is that really that big a deal? I wouldn't think you were short as you are around 5'9". Isn't that the national average? Hm - then again I'm 6' tall and actually most of my buddies are my height or taller so maybe I am way off.

Also I'd actually think more compact guys could pull this look off better.

-Al
Old 04-05-2007, 02:42 PM

Location: this forum again I will ban you. If you send me an email or private message, I will ban you.

[ QUOTE ]
PITTM,

No joke. The clothing company is 100% for real. It's happening. More details soon.

[/ QUOTE ]

in that case, where do i go for special VIP presale buying?
Old 04-05-2007, 02:49 PM

Al,

The problem when you're shorter is you need to be in really good shape (or really thin) to wear decent stuff. If you are a little on the fat side, then you will have to buy stuff that is a size too big and will be way too long or baggy and look sorta silly.
Old 04-05-2007, 02:51 PM

Diablo - makes sense I think compact guys pull stuff off the best if it's good fit clothing.

-Al
Old 04-05-2007, 03:48 PM

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread for this but oh well.

I recently lost some weight and it seems like it's time to pick up some new clothes, but I am unfortunately fashion-tarded, and could use some help.

I primarily need casual clothing. I'm in graduate school right now (25 yrs. old) and about to be done. I anticipate that my next job will likely be teaching, and around here most of the folks wear jeans and a nice shirt for that.

I'm 6 feet tall, very caucasion, weigh roughly 205 (don't have a scale, but pretty sure I'm within five pounds in either direction) and have a 38 or 37 inch waist and a 30 length (I'm just swimming in my 40 inch pants right now).

I've got a small beer belly, transitioning from a large one (who knew that drinking less beer could do something about the beer beely?)

Also, while I'm willing to spend some money, I'm not rolling in it, so 80$ t-shirts are right out.

While most of my friends where I live now have significantly better fashion sense than I do, they're all pretty lowkey. If I wore some of the t-shirts in this thread I'd feel pretty out of place.

Reading this over it looks more and more like a hijack, so if it's not right for this thread, feel free to just ignore it.
Old 04-05-2007, 03:54 PM

soma,

This thread is fine for that. I'd suggest Banana Republic, Macy's, and Nordstrom for some basic casual stuff that looks good and isn't too expensive (Nordstrom can veer to the expensive side but also has well-priced stuff). BR, for example, currently has plain fitted long-sleeve cotton crews for $18.

Go find some stuff you might like and post them here.
Closed Thread