Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > The Lounge: Discussion+Review
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Your play with KQo?
Fold 11 36.67%
Call 13 43.33%
Raise 6 20.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-30-2007, 12:40 AM

Default Re: Ask the 2+2 Ladies Your Questions

OK, I have some questions that don't necessarily pertain to being a woman on 2+2.

What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? Favorite beer?

What's your favorite dish to cook for yourself or company?

Since this it the Lounge, I guess I need to ask for favorite movie.

If you (still) play poker, what game/stakes?

You think Boro and I inspired anyone (including you!) to take up Lindy Hop w/ our thread?

OOT recently had a thread about how they think today's young men are being emasculated for a number of reasons, including overly protective parents, single mothers and the lack of a father, teachers who discipline active kids, who tend to be boys, the media, and a number of others. In your opinion, are today's young men being emasculated, in that they're being discouraged from adopting traditionally masculine traits, or is this OOT's anti-feminist bias rearing its ugly head again? If so, do you think this is societal detriment, or societal progress?
Old 03-30-2007, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When we ask "What's wrong?", why do you say "Nothing"?
When we assume, due to the previos reply, that nothing is wrong, why do you get more upset?

When you ask us if you look fat in that dress, do you ever want the truth?

When you say "Do whatever you want", how can we tell if you mean it?

[/ QUOTE ]

1. dcasper, get serious. DO NOT ASSUME NOTHING IS WRONG. For the love of God, man! When she says "nothing" obviously it means something. Were you raised in a barn? Gently put your arms around her (yeah, even if she pushes you away) and tell her you want to know what's upsetting her and that you will listen.

2. dcasper, will you get serious already! You never tell a girl the truth about the dress and her wide hips and thick, trunk-like legs! What on earth.

3. hm, this is a tough one. Usually when I say "Do whatever you want..." in my head I'm thinking "...you selfish jerk." Except of course if I'm dying to play on 2+2 and I want him to get the hell out of the place so I can have my alone time. Then I say it nicely [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] But I can't speak for the other ladies.

Lounge Ladies + Felicia, what are your answers to dcasper's questions please [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 03-30-2007, 01:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
In My Real Life

Guy #1 - I find this guy attractive because of his voice. He's quiet, polite and business-oriented. He's not a goof or a flake. He's super polite and grown up. This guy has his act together. His voice seals the deal and his smile is amazing. When he smiles at me his eyes light up and it seems like he actually wants to hear what I say.

Guy #2 - This guy is the opposite of the first one except for his voice. He's a goofball. He's inappropriate, uneducated and sort of Al Bundyish. Why do I like him? Because he's totally genuine and he doesn't play games and he's not real vain. He has a childish enthusiasm for things. He once told me that my tacos were the best thing he had ever eaten. You gotta like a guy who says something like that and is sincere.

He also does a Larry David impersonation that just kills me. Hard to describe.

Is that specific enough, Esad?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's great. That's what these guys need to hear. Too often when you ask a women these questions you get the standard; "Has a sense of humor, likes children, is kind..., etc."

It's the intangibles that matters, like their voices or their smile. When I was young I wouldn't have known this because I usually got the stock answers when I asked this question. I've known this for a while now, but I wish I wouldn't known this when I was 18.

Young men will often ask women want they want in a man, because young men really do want to attract women. The problem is that you often get the stock answers. When you then still can't seem to attract a women you are left scratching your head and thinking that all women must be nuts. (See OOT for a good example.)
Old 03-30-2007, 01:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Hey, where are we going for dinner tonight? Chipotle sound good?"

"Hey, how good are you at poker? Having a party on Saturday. You're coming, right?"

"I have a splinter, can you take a look?"

"Holy [censored]! Those jeans are hawt. Damn."

"So uh Angie, you know how to make enchiladas? I have to entertain company Saturday. You in or what?"

"Hey I like the way you brought me that memo. Good work. Want me to introduce you on the air?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Please keep these coming.
* writes these in notepad for future use *

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I've got a crippled squirrel in the back of my van, check it out.

Have you ever been so far out in the desert no one could hear you scream?

Have you ever been in the trunk of a really big Chevy?

Have you ever played Dutch Oven?
Old 03-30-2007, 01:11 AM

Esad, those are not intangibles. Those are semi-superficial physical characteristics, the exact opposite of intangibles. Which is not to say that I don't think peoples' faces, speech, expressions, carriage, etc. reveal a [censored]-ton about them (they do), just that those are not 'intangible' in the least. You're looking / listening right at them. Hell, you can grab them if you want.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

"Hey, where are we going for dinner tonight? Chipotle sound good?"

"Hey, how good are you at poker? Having a party on Saturday. You're coming, right?"

"I have a splinter, can you take a look?"

"Holy [censored]! Those jeans are hawt. Damn."

"So uh Angie, you know how to make enchiladas? I have to entertain company Saturday. You in or what?"

"Hey I like the way you brought me that memo. Good work. Want me to introduce you on the air?"

[/ QUOTE ]

Please keep these coming.
* writes these in notepad for future use *

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I've got a crippled squirrel in the back of my van, check it out.

Have you ever been so far out in the desert no one could hear you scream?

Have you ever been in the trunk of a really big Chevy?

Have you ever played Dutch Oven?

[/ QUOTE ]Tell you what Blarg, that'd sure as hell work on me.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:19 AM

Roshy,

Do you periodically keyword-search for 'squirrel?'
Old 03-30-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Uhm... ok so I'm a sports radio intern, and because the producer that controls all the interns schedules is my boy he's changing this HOT interns schedule so she works with me. I've never met her before, I don't even know what she looks like, but everyone swears shes really really hot, what's my line? (to get with her, obv)

[/ QUOTE ]

My best advice is to not use lines. You'll notice that Katy's lines aren't really lines, they are just you asking her to do something together.

Here's something that works wonderfully with women (and men). When you first meet someone treat and act and talk to them like you two are already good friends. Isn't that what Katy's "lines" sound like?

Ex."Hey, how good are you at poker? Having a party on Saturday. You're coming, right?"

This is the kind of things you'd say to someone you already know, not someone you just meet.

The hard part of this is to have it become a natural part of your persona. You can only do that with practice. Whenever you are out in public talk to people like they are good friends. You'll be surprised how people will open up to you and how much more attractive it will make you.

PS: When you do this with girl's you are interested in you have to make sure you don't get stuck in friends zone. This is just how you start. That means you'll have to learn how to take relationships with women to the next level after the initial meeting.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:36 AM

What you've said is true, but it does sound more like being calcuating than making it a part of your personality. Unless being calculating is the trait you're trying to adopt.

I think it's better to work from the inside out than the outside in. If you genuinely are not an egotist and are friendly and curious about people and the world around you, you will naturally have a quick rapport with people and seem lively and open to enjoying all kinds of things no matter where you are and who you're with. People will find this attractive, and you won't have to try; it'll just be you.

Of course, this means you actually have to give a damn about something besides yourself, and especially about the people you're with. Which is tough if you're not naturally interested in much. It's nice, though, that when you become more interested in things, it tends to makes you more interesting too.
Old 03-30-2007, 01:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Roshy,

Do you periodically keyword-search for 'squirrel?'

[/ QUOTE ]Nah, I posted earlier in the thread and was checking for a response.