FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-29-2007, 11:16 PM

Default Re: Official EPT Monte Carlo thread

AJ is my hero?
Old 03-29-2007, 11:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
"I don't care, I've played 10k comps before, his move in was a scared bet, I'd have probably called with
King high."

[/ QUOTE ]

Adam, I really hope this is a horrible misquote...if not, wtf possessed you to say this [censored]?

Sick call btw

[/ QUOTE ]

I was thinking the same thing, please say these are misquotes Adam. It sounds very arrogant.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Adam, I really hope this is a horrible misquote...if not, wtf possessed you to say this [censored]?

[/ QUOTE ]

can't speak for adam, but prob to stress that he (adam) is the opposite of absolutely crushed as a result of losing that hand.

people pwn the world by burning wads of money after they lose, not crying [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] ( [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] )

and fwiw, steve and justin, even if it wasn't misquoted at all I wouldn't get too harsh. he probably got interviewed 15 seconds after losing the most meaningful tournament pot ever. not defending his actions entirely, but if it were me, i'd just tell the reporter, "Well, THAT SUCKED, im gonna go get drunk" and then i'd look really stupid to all my friends and family.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:50 PM

Hi all,

Re: A_Junglen's hands v P. Antonius. I'm not going to harp on it, but I want to let you know that sometimes "feelings," which I attribute primarily to muscle memory and anticipation, transcend all common sense. I've personally had such inclinations, and I believe they are more prominent in live play. Certainly not everyone has this ability, or not everyone follows their instincts, but the statement that "this is simply a low percentage call down that was correct one time" is just not factual.

Cheers,
FS
Old 03-30-2007, 12:00 AM

Hi there peeps, this is snoopy from blondepoker.com

Many thanks for following the action with us and a big thumbs up to Gobbomum for making you aware of little ol' us over here in the UK.

We predominantly follow British players, but as they tend to drop out after a max of three levels (Roland de Wolfe and John Gale the exceptions), we are happy to divert attention to any batch of players in the field, whatever the nationality.

We are also very much an interactive site, which we hope is a strong point, so feel free to interrupt us at any time with requests for photos, chip counts, etc of various players.

Unfortunately, Day 1A+B provided us with no player lists, which made identifying unknown (to us) players supremely difficult. However, there is a very good chance that we will be given player lists for Day 2, which means we can follow pretty much any player left in the comp with considerable ease. If you would like us to follow a player, then simply post his name on our update thread and we'll do our very best to track him down.

Our updates are very much focused on fun (we managed to measure Gus Hansen today to prove that he was taller than Tom Cruise), so feel free to pop in and say hello.

ps. Big up to Pauly at PokerNews. Top man and great updates to boot, make sure you check them out.

snoops
Old 03-30-2007, 12:13 AM

FS, obviously the call may be good. The problem with it is it's either marginally good (because even when his range is very wide, he still is often bluffing with the best hand, has a draw, etc.) or unbelievably horrible (when it turns out we're thinking 12 levels too deep and Patrik just has AA). Also, I think against a player as good as Antonius, you can't trust your read anywhere near 100%. So, all in all, the call may have been good, it certainly looks insane, and the aftermath was probably not handled very well by Adam.

Steve
Old 03-30-2007, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The problem with it is it's either marginally good ... or unbelievably horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

the call is either good or bad, it cant be both.

what youre saying is its bad because hes either slightly ahead or way behind and he isnt pot committed. obviously if adam thought that he would have folded.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
and fwiw, steve and justin, even if it wasn't misquoted at all I wouldn't get too harsh. he probably got interviewed 15 seconds after losing the most meaningful tournament pot ever. not defending his actions entirely, but if it were me, i'd just tell the reporter, "Well, THAT SUCKED, im gonna go get drunk" and then i'd look really stupid to all my friends and family.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a much better reaction, although still kind of dumb [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]. Just either stare blankly shaking your head like someone you know has just died, or shrug it off and say you made a good call but lost the flip. Don't say stupid [censored] trying to sound like you're so cool that you don't care about the 75k+ (in equity) flip you just lost. It makes you sound like a classless tool. (Before I get berated, note that I didn't call Adam a classless tool and wouldn't do so based on one event where he's obviously under a lot of stress and probably not thinking clearly.)

Steve
Old 03-30-2007, 12:19 AM

i dont really think its that arrogant.

its probably wrong to call patrick's bet a scared play because it was probably his best option.

but the rest of the comment seemed ok.
Old 03-30-2007, 12:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The problem with it is it's either marginally good ... or unbelievably horrible

[/ QUOTE ]

the call is either good or bad, it cant be both.

what youre saying is its bad because hes either slightly ahead or way behind and he isnt pot committed. obviously if adam thought that he would have folded.

[/ QUOTE ]

It obviously can't be both. But we're in a situation where there are two possibilities:

1. Our read on the situation is right and Patrik has a wide range.
2. Our read on the situation is way off and Patrik's range is fairly small.

Assign probabilities to those and you can start to estimate how good this call is. But you can't just say one or the other.

Steve