Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-13-2007, 01:47 PM

Default Re: No Chris Simon thread?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

sounds like a good way to remove all physical play from the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

you sound like a typical hockey meathead. "ya hockey was great in the 70's.I love the Broad Street Bullies!! Don CHerry is my hero!!"

[/ QUOTE ]

I wasn't alive in the 70s, I hate the Flyers, and Don Cherry is mostly wrong about hockey. However, what draws people to hockey is the physical play as well as the skill - and removing the physical play turns the game into soccer on ice.

It amazes me a Leaf fan could think this way, considering we're only a few years removed from fielding the dirtiest successful team in my lifetime.
Old 03-13-2007, 02:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
....For sure Neil hit was worse. If there's an intent to injure, I think there should be a stiff penalty right off the bat. Janssen's should be at least 10 games and Neil's should be at least 15-20. Ideally, the offender should get at least as many games as the injured player is out for. So if you intend to injure someone, you get a minimum of say 10 games whether you are successful or not and then if the injured player is out longer than the 10 games, then you gotta ssit out just as long.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was definately no intent to injure with the Janssen hit, without a doubt.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
....For sure Neil hit was worse. If there's an intent to injure, I think there should be a stiff penalty right off the bat. Janssen's should be at least 10 games and Neil's should be at least 15-20. Ideally, the offender should get at least as many games as the injured player is out for. So if you intend to injure someone, you get a minimum of say 10 games whether you are successful or not and then if the injured player is out longer than the 10 games, then you gotta ssit out just as long.

[/ QUOTE ]

There was definately no intent to injure with the Janssen hit, without a doubt.

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree. It was simply a late hit, he had him lined up good and I think it was a split second decision to keep going or hit the brakes and turn. Similar to the Kariya hit by Scott Stevens.

Also, regarding the Hollweg check, if you check out the live play (not replays) from that youtube, you'll see that he wasn't directly behind him, but had got onto Simon's left side enough to make it a decent hit. I don't think he was trying to board him, just finish his check. His right arm pushed simon's left side.

And lol at the "he wasn't aiming for his throat" line. He was aiming high, I don't think he's able to place that slash within a couple of inches of where he wants it to go, so it very well could have been in the neck. Variance.

Also, woot california born player!