FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: slut?
yes 92 74.19%
no 32 25.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-05-2007, 12:56 AM

Default Re: Pick your salary

FlyWf,

Cool. Glad you plan on never having a family nor leaving your house on your 1.4mil. Enjoy!
Old 03-05-2007, 01:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
hello, credit cards

[/ QUOTE ]

What sort of limit is Visa offering now for someone with a $48/week salary?

$200k/yr for me...and it's not even close.

For those saying it's easy to get by for the first year with option 2 you do realize you actually need to work...and get to work...and home...and have work attire and be showered and simple things like that right? And the ramen noodles...do you just chew them raw out of the pack or do we need a pot or bowl? Toilet paper optional? Deoderant a luxury? Just let the teeth fall out and buy gold ones ten years later? Most people spend $2500 per year on little miscellaneous items you wouldn't even think about when budgeting.

I love camping...but not so much when i have to be at work in the morning.

I'm not greedy. $200k/yr is just fine.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:22 AM

Go ahead and take the 2500 job.

Around year 4 or 5 you will be laid off and replaced with some new 2500 salary takers.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:56 AM

[ QUOTE ]
FlyWf,

Cool. Glad you plan on never having a family nor leaving your house on your 1.4mil. Enjoy!

[/ QUOTE ]

I dont say this to people often

but you're an idiot
Old 03-05-2007, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
To not take the $2500 is almost selfish if your single and healthy. For 3 years of absolute misery you could save millions of people in the future. You may die, but that's inevitable anyway, and if you stay alive you can feed millions,finance research into our worst illnesses,provide clean water to millions. You could accomplish more good in your life than is even quantifiable. If you die, you did so in the noblest of pursuits, and went down swinging to save the world. Better that at 25 or 35, than to waste away at 85 having never achieved anything more than your self comfort.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is sort of silly. Then call your employer selfish for not using the apparent trillion dollars he has to offer you for not doing this.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:16 AM

"I value my personal utility highly but 2.6 trillion in our 31st year is too much to pass up. I am 23 so by the time I reach the standard retirement age of 65 I will pull down 55 trillion. It would be incredibly selfish to not take the doubling method. "

except that, past a few million dollars, I'd have no use for the rest. And if you want to say, "use the rest to save the world", then tell my employer to do that instead. I don't consider myself smart enough to effectively use a trillion dollars to save the world. It'd be a giant, stressful headache. I'm pretty happy with a house, family, and enough income to travel and buy a few niceties, and never have to live in total squalor where I still have to be at work 8 hours a day, yet my risk of death is somewhat significant.

For those saying stealing food: I'm assuming being arrested may very well cost you your job.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:36 AM

Thremp,

"Cool. Glad you plan on never having a family nor leaving your house on your 1.4mil. Enjoy!"

You're just trolling now, right?

You're saying you can't retire nicely on 1.4M post-tax? Come on, man, that is a joke.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Thremp,

"Cool. Glad you plan on never having a family nor leaving your house on your 1.4mil. Enjoy!"

You're just trolling now, right?

You're saying you can't retire nicely on 1.4M post-tax? Come on, man, that is a joke.

[/ QUOTE ]

While in your 20s?
Old 03-05-2007, 02:45 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Camp ground fees are typically in the range of 10-20$ per night. Whoever's lawn you were planning to pitch your tent on probably won't put up with it for long.

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew a guy who held down a waitstaff job for over a year while sleeping in his tent in the woods out behind Toys R us. It says a lot that someone would be in such a situation in the first place, but hey, he did it.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Also, I'd assume you couldn't pay for health insurance for the first few years.

Good luck if you get sick or hurt while on the streets.

[/ QUOTE ]

You people act like the homeless are dying within their first couple years on the streets. There's people that live there with no hope of anything better for many many years and are still alive.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, but homeless are getting help. they beg. they can go to shelters when it is too cold. when they are starving they can get free food from handouts and soup kitchens. people underestimate how much money you can make begging. if the rules state that you can't beg or go to a shelter then it does get a lot tougher.

[/ QUOTE ]

People also get raped, beaten, and stolen from in homeless shelters, and many don't go because they consider them more dangerous than being out on the streets.