Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: What is this guys deal?
Crack Dealer 3 1.71%
Crack Head 29 16.57%
Has Stolen Credit Cards 72 41.14%
Jaded Ex with Password 34 19.43%
Other (please specify) 37 21.14%
Voters: 175. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-02-2007, 02:09 AM

Default Re: ***Official*** discuss things related to donating to people thread

[ QUOTE ]
I will put on my serious hat for one moment: There is likely much much more going on here than anyone on here knows. Attacking either Vig or Mrs. Vig is just stupid. You don't know the facts. None of us do. Shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerbob being the voice of reason is so far the most disturbing thing about this situation...note the 'so far'
Old 03-02-2007, 02:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I will put on my serious hat for one moment: There is likely much much more going on here than anyone on here knows. Attacking either Vig or Mrs. Vig is just stupid. You don't know the facts. None of us do. Shut up.

[/ QUOTE ]

How come people always say this when there's a fairly obvious scam going on, or at least something shady that needs to be worked out? People kept saying no one should attack Mythra b/c he might be innocent!!! it seems pretty clear that at least something is up with Vig so I see nothing wrong with forcing the issue with these "attacks."
Old 03-02-2007, 02:18 AM

Why is everyone jumping on him. He said that his account was locked on FTP obv because he had a lot of people transfer a decent amount of money to him and odds are that is against T & C so he could be telling the truth there. So I"m not taking anyones side until he comes out and declares everything.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Why is everyone jumping on him. He said that his account was locked on FTP obv because he had a lot of people transfer a decent amount of money to him and odds are that is against T & C so he could be telling the truth there. So I"m not taking anyones side until he comes out and declares everything.

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why hasn't he replied with anything yet if he is innocent. He would have said something by now. he is probably reading all of this and is thinking about what his plan of attack is going to be. CSIaments
Old 03-02-2007, 02:24 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then why hasn't he replied with anything yet if he is innocent. He would have said something by now. he is probably reading all of this and is thinking about what his plan of attack is going to be. CSIaments

[/ QUOTE ]
He's probably reconciling/having sex with her.. I know I would be.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:48 AM

This is why you only donate to established charities. Even with Barry G's endorsement I did some considerable research on Children's Inc. before donating.

There are WAY too many scams out there.

Imagine if someone had suggested this on that thread months ago? They would have been flamed off the forums.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Imagine if someone had suggested this on that thread months ago? They would have been flamed off the forums.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not read the mod forum. several smart mods said this was a distinct possibility from the beginning.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:55 AM

Ok, Citanul the eternal cynic is obvious, but who else thought it might be?
Old 03-02-2007, 03:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you must not read the mod forum. several smart mods said this was a distinct possibility from the beginning.

[/ QUOTE ]

I too felt this way and was a bit "afraid" (for lack of a better word) to say anything about it publicly. I simply chose not to donate and kept my mouth shut. I feel bad now but realize no matter what I had said I would have simply brought heat on myself and not changed the situation.
Old 03-02-2007, 03:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

actually i gave vig some [censored] a while back and received a ton of heat for it.

OP is right.

if someone had called this a scam they would have been verbally castrated by the group mentality around here.