Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > EDF
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-14-2007, 02:56 AM

Default Re: Forum discussion, thread suggestion, and random comment thread

I would like to see a topic entitled "What would you do differently."

I want to hear from older forum members who are succesful in their careers (outside of poker). Did they sacrafice their family life in order to climb the corporate ladder? Would they consider themselves happy right now? etc........ To be honest, I started thinking about this after watching "Click." It is very easy to see how someone can justify putting insane hours at work under the guise of providing for their family. As someone who is getting their MBA, I think about this issue alot and would like to hear from people who have actually been through the experience.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:24 AM

Default Calling Astroglide

would like to hear from you on a thread about personal lubricants, and perhaps we could start one or include in the same about favorite toys.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Calling Astroglide

I'd love to see a thread for travel ideas for Costa Rica, i.e. must-see attractions, restaurants, night life, etc. I realize this is an entire country we're talking about, but its about the size of West Virgina so I figure a single thread might be sufficient.

This is obviously a very self-serving thread unless others happen to be travelling there soon, so no offense taken if it doesn't get started of course.
Old 03-14-2007, 02:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This would seem like the place for 2+2 Dragons Den.

[/ QUOTE ]

Loved that show. Would love the thread.

Did you see the one where the guy pitched Pub Poker League? I was very surprised they invested.

KJS
Old 03-15-2007, 03:54 PM

How about an absinthe thread? I am here in europe and there are a lot of misconceptions about the drink and its effects, and admittedly I am not as keen on it as I would like to be although I have done some homework on it. I think it would be interesting to hear personally experiences as well as absinthe reviews
Old 03-15-2007, 04:29 PM

El D told me to post this request in this thread: I'd like thread-starting privileges...I wasn't in the original batch of "invitees", but I'd like to think that my contributions to 2p2 have been for the most part commensurate with my maturity and introspection. Hopefully I'll be added in the next "batch."
Old 03-17-2007, 09:50 AM

hey, i want to start a thread for personal advice (sorry bout sendin u the pm elD, i forgot to read the posting guidelines). i already posted this in the ssnl cheese thread, and while it did get afew responses, everyone just started arguing and it got off topic

so, im 18, and half way through my uni degree. lately though ive become really bored with uni and life in general and am finding it increasily difficult to motivate myself. i was thinking of taking a year or 2 off and moving to a another country where i dont know anyone and could just start a fresh. id b using poker as my main source of income, as i have been for the past 4 months or so, and id just be looking to gain as much experience as i can. i havent really done much in this world, so im looking to through myself into the deep end here.

anywayz i was just wonderin if u guys though this would be a good idea for a thread to start, so i could get some advice on if its a really good idea, or its the stupidest thing ever.

p.s i live in perth, australia and was thinking of living sumwhere like monte carlo...but i dont really have a clue yet.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:03 PM

El D,

What do you think about locking this random comment thread and creating a new one every week or so? I don't really like threads when they get really huge and hopefully it will keep things fresher.
Old 03-17-2007, 06:14 PM

LotD,

I agree. I generally try to comment/respond to posts these threads before starting a new one, have been really busy this week, though. I'll go through this one then get a new one started.
Old 03-21-2007, 11:36 PM

I got some thread ideas:

1) Post your top 5 favorite songs of all time. For selfish reasons of course... I need some new music.

2) Boxing versus Mixed Martial Arts. Which one do you prefer to watch and why? It seems to me that older people prefer boxing but the younger generations like MMA more.

3) Thoughts on Apple computer and how they have reinvented themselves over the past 5 years or so. Are they around to stay for awhile? Can they ever out do Microsoft or will they always be a small niche market? Can Google out do Microsoft?

4) Your favorite HBO series and an explanation. Some I like are The Sopranos, The Wire, Entourage, Deadwood, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Rome. What would the next great HBO series be about if you had a choice?
Closed Thread