Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2007, 05:19 PM

Default Re: $1000 into $200,000 - 60 days -doable???

200k in 2 months = more then 1.2M/year because you won't waise time at the low limits....

no. you aren't that good
Old 02-19-2007, 08:54 PM

It shall be done. Mark my words.

You shall all see and bow down to it.

Remember this post.
Old 02-19-2007, 09:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It shall be done. Mark my words.

You shall all see and bow down to it.

Remember this post.

[/ QUOTE ]

What post?
Old 02-19-2007, 09:20 PM

hmm. thought it would last a little bit longer..
Old 02-20-2007, 01:32 AM

Come on everyone, take it easy with the naysaying. Fukken may very well be capable of completing the challenge from a skill standpoint. However, I'm not so sure he was prepared mentally for any more bad swings. To complete a challenge like this you're going to have to be a damn good player, and you're going to have to play your A game every hour of every day that you play. On top of that, you're going to have to put in a lot of hours. I'm still not positive it is even doable, but that still isn't going to stop me from trying. The last couple days have been the hardest for me to keep focus, I hit it pretty hard starting out last week, and I'm not use to putting in so many hours. It's too early to feel burnout.. so I'll have to figure something out.

This is where I stand so far:
8 days - $26,000 up.

If I actually make it, or even get close. I'll document the whole thing, with screenshots, etc.
Old 02-20-2007, 01:48 AM

good luck. how are you finding the lower limits compared to 200/400 or whatever you played
Old 02-20-2007, 02:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Come on everyone, take it easy with the naysaying. Fukken may very well be capable of completing the challenge from a skill standpoint. However, I'm not so sure he was prepared mentally for any more bad swings. To complete a challenge like this you're going to have to be a damn good player, and you're going to have to play your A game every hour of every day that you play. On top of that, you're going to have to put in a lot of hours. I'm still not positive it is even doable, but that still isn't going to stop me from trying. The last couple days have been the hardest for me to keep focus, I hit it pretty hard starting out last week, and I'm not use to putting in so many hours. It's too early to feel burnout.. so I'll have to figure something out.

This is where I stand so far:
8 days - $26,000 up.

If I actually make it, or even get close. I'll document the whole thing, with screenshots, etc.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is like saying that someone is, "apart from steering, accelerating, braking and changing gears, a really good driver."

All the things that you quote above are part of being a good player, and thus, someone who lacks them, cannot be described as being "capable of completing the challenge from a skill standpoint"
Old 02-20-2007, 02:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
good luck. how are you finding the lower limits compared to 200/400 or whatever you played

[/ QUOTE ]

well, I guess the obvious answer is it's much, much, easier to say the least. Not just the fact that there are actually fish.. but the game is full of undisciplined regulars with several leaks. There are some similarities preflop, however it does get increasingly more aggressive as you move up. The main difference is post flop play. Surprisingly to me, I can actually push more people off hands at the lower stakes than the higher.

I'm not sure if i was just running well or not, but i made over $6000 in less than 5k hands at my first shot at the $2/4.. about 15bb/100. I believe I ran close to the same at the 3/6 also.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]

This is like saying that someone is, "apart from steering, accelerating, braking and changing gears, a really good driver."

All the things that you quote above are part of being a good player, and thus, someone who lacks them, cannot be described as being "capable of completing the challenge from a skill standpoint"

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree.

Much like Fukken, I believe I am a good player, just as long as I am playing my A game. I play my A game over 95% of the time, the only time I do not is when I'm on a really terrible downswing, because unfortunately for me, I still let it affect me emotionally. Fukken was on an obvious terrible downswing, and he also put a lot of pressure on himself with this challenge, the two things combined make it next to impossible to complete a challenge as hard as this one. But, I believe under normal circumstances, Fukken may have had a shot at this challenge. That's all I'm saying when I say he has the skill.. I'm saying I think he has the natural ability under normal circumstance. If you were to take him at a time when he is peaked in confidence (likely sometime last year), and ask him to perform this challenge, I think you'd have a much different outcome.
Old 02-20-2007, 03:25 AM

fwiw i think this challenge is definitely doable. it requires ridiculous amounts of patience and discipline though, which is why id never be able to complete it. id start moving up too quick and get hammered back down but not wanna drop levels.