Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2007, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Brag or Beat: Just bought a 2007 Yaris

[ QUOTE ]
or do you still reccomend a used ride?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm going to guess most people's opinions haven't changed much since last night...
Old 02-03-2007, 02:53 PM

Fixed...
Old 02-03-2007, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Enjoying the tread I am thinking of buying a new car myself soon what do you guys think of guys of buying a new Kia type car or do you still reccomend a used ride?

[/ QUOTE ]
I can't imagine any legitimate good reasons to buy a new Kia. Start with that.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:54 PM

use imageshack.us and they will resize for you.

And holy sweet jeebus - this the most awesome post ever not that you are real.

dude you got hosed. if there is any way that you can return it - they are supposed to offer you a 48 hour return policy for like $25-40. You bought everything else, so I wouldn't be shocked if you bought this as well. if not, then a beat.

I would recommend not getting this car, for the above mentioned reasons - no need to get a new car at your age, or most ages for that matter. I'm a 26yo lawyer and I bought my car used - it is just the smart thing to do - especially with all of the warranties out there.

Anyhow, if you really want this car, then you should return this one and go buy another one but for a better price. You can get a loan from a bank first and then essentially pay cash to the dealer. This will give you a much better rate and give you much more bargaining power.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:55 PM

Um, I already bought the car... did you see the picture? You don't get all those papers before buying a car.

EDIT: And what do you mean, "You bought everything else."? I got the convenience package, only thing extra I bought was the gap insurance.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:56 PM

i'm just speechless. but OP, i apologize for thinking this was flame.

so do you feel comfortable rolling up to your friends in that car? do you have only female friends? are you straight? just seems like a strange car to have for medina, OH.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
use imageshack.us and they will resize for you.

And holy sweet jeebus - this the most awesome post ever not that you are real.

dude you got hosed. if there is any way that you can return it - they are supposed to offer you a 48 hour return policy for like $25-40. You bought everything else, so I wouldn't be shocked if you bought this as well. if not, then a beat.

I would recommend not getting this car, for the above mentioned reasons - no need to get a new car at your age, or most ages for that matter. I'm a 26yo lawyer and I bought my car used - it is just the smart thing to do - especially with all of the warranties out there.

Anyhow, if you really want this car, then you should return this one and go buy another one but for a better price. You can get a loan from a bank first and then essentially pay cash to the dealer. This will give you a much better rate and give you much more bargaining power.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes. If there is any way at all to get out of this, even if it's to end up still getting a Yaris in the end, do it. And, for the love of God, educate yourself a bit first. www.carbuyingtips.com
Old 02-03-2007, 02:57 PM

I still don't understand why you should get a used car when you're buying a lower-range car like this. By the time you find a car that is newer then 2001 (for safety's sake, good Lord), hasn't been in a crash and doesn't have an obscene amount of miles, it's 15k. If you're going to pay 15k for a car, just give in and get a new one - you'll get all of the warranties, and none of the worries that come from a used car. I know I didn't buy my own car, but my parents had me look at used cars in the under 10k range, and whoever kept saying you could get decent cars for that cheap is WRONG. maybe back when you were a youth it was like that (that's why my parents were under that impression), but nowadays, if it's not 12k+, it still has lap-only belts.

^exaggeration, yes, but go carfax stuff yourself (or cars.com, or autotrader.com) and you'll see.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:57 PM

I still can't see the pictures and that makes me sad.
Old 02-03-2007, 02:59 PM

ckmo,
OR you can buy a scion (tc, not the ugly ones), and not haggle at all, because the price is the same everrrrrywhere [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]