Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > Internet Gambling > Software
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2007, 06:22 PM

Default Re: PartySNGHelper v1.13 is now available

[ QUOTE ]
Have you ever looked into reading the names of the players sitting down at the table, before the game is started?

I tried using the window spy, but apparently the name is not written in text (not available as a readable control anyway).

Since the letters are variable in width size (ie an M is widers than an I), I guess using image search would be very hard...

[/ QUOTE ]
It might be possible to do with an image search, but I think it would be too slow and likely to cause chugs.

Have you tried getting the names of the players from the lobby?

Juk [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

PS: Nice videos! I think they should help quite a few people. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2007, 06:29 PM

Default PartySNGHelper v1.14 is now available

I've just fixed PartySNGHelper to work with the new "value added freeroll" popups (which were causing the scrollwheel code to break).

http://overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartySNGHelper

Old 11-08-2007, 08:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It might be possible to do with an image search, but I think it would be too slow and likely to cause chugs.

Have you tried getting the names of the players from the lobby?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, I have not. I basicly just wanted to display stats for the players before sitting down to avoid other sharks and get position on donk (arrogantly assuming I myself am a shark, not a donk).

If only PAHUD would work before the game starts, I would be home free.

I'll give it some more thought...

[ QUOTE ]
PS: Nice videos! I think they should help quite a few people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I want to contribute to the SNG community, but I dont find myself in a position, where I can teach people to play (since I am not all that good)... And the videos is what I came up with so far.
Old 11-09-2007, 04:17 PM

Ok, how about this as an idea:

In the interface, you add players, that if they are already at the table, or they sit down, we will bail from the SNG?

Shark-avoidance-System! (tm)
Old 11-09-2007, 07:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, how about this as an idea:

In the interface, you add players, that if they are already at the table, or they sit down, we will bail from the SNG?

Shark-avoidance-System! (tm)

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree this might be a nice idea, but I think it will be pretty hard to implement it safely. I've noticed before that if you leave the table just as it fills you can end up paying the fee and then leaving the table without being unregistered. I only realized this one time when I thought I had just 11 tables open and it said that I couldn't open any more - so I went looking and found myself sitting out at a table I thought I had unregistered for.

Old 11-09-2007, 09:38 PM

Well, maybe some sort of safeguard could be implemented, like being unable to leave if 8 or 9 players are seated... Well, just an idea, maybe you will have too much time on your hands and need something to do, at some time... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Btw - I downloaded 1.14, and noticed after playing a long session, there was no emails with summaries in my mail, and I doublechecked "Auto request email" was checked in PartySngHelper...

I'll keep an eye on it next time I play, maybe it was a one time thing (or Party screwed up and the mails are not being sent).

Btw: I like the new and improved luckbox in 1.14, I ran sick hot. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 11-09-2007, 10:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Well, maybe some sort of safeguard could be implemented, like being unable to leave if 8 or 9 players are seated... Well, just an idea, maybe you will have too much time on your hands and need something to do, at some time... [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
I agree it might be a nice idea. I currently just have a note on each of the regulars and if I see more than 4 players with note icons at a table I'll leave and wait for the next one.

[ QUOTE ]
Btw - I downloaded 1.14, and noticed after playing a long session, there was no emails with summaries in my mail, and I doublechecked "Auto request email" was checked in PartySngHelper...

I'll keep an eye on it next time I play, maybe it was a one time thing (or Party screwed up and the mails are not being sent).

[/ QUOTE ]
It could just be Party messing up - I've had them forget to send summaries before and also had them come after a huge lag of several hours. If the problem persists then repost and I'll look into it some more.

[ QUOTE ]
Btw: I like the new and improved luckbox in 1.14, I ran sick hot. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
Hehe, me too! I only played 4.5 hours earlier before the silly little popups drove me mad with lag, but in those 4.5 hours I ran hotter than I can ever remember! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2007, 10:51 PM

I had 50% ROI while 8-tabling 57SNG's in 4 hours...

INSTA-release a 1.15 with a new and less shinier luckbox, so we can keep 1.14 to ourselves...
Old 11-11-2007, 12:56 PM

Btw: Summary emails showed up later, so no bug in PartySngHelper.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:54 AM

Default PartySNGHelper v1.15 is now available

Today's Party update now means that if you try to turn off your chat you get a little smiley face placed next to your name. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I hate playing with chat on (and being forced to read "donk-drivel"), but I also don't much want to make myself stand out as "the dude with a little smiley face next to his name that's playing on every table..." either, so I've added an option to PartySNGHelper to completely remove the chat-box and the box to enter chat in, etc.

I've also added a similar option to hide the 3 buttons displayed in the bottom right corner of the table (I can't see any reason anybody would ever want to press these...).

There are also a few cosmetic adjustments to the GUI that should make the script work properly when using WinXP style. I noticed on Donkraft's video that the listbox didn't quite work the same for WinXP and "classic" style (the buttons all overlapped the listbox...) - this should be fixed now.

I've updated the Wiki page with the new script, but I can't seem to get the attachment to upload atm (will try again later):

http://www.overcards.com/wiki/moin.cgi/PartySNGHelper

PS: These new options might also help reduce the CPU spikes that the Party client has been suffering from recently, but I'm not 100% sure.