FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-17-2007, 09:28 PM

Default Re: Tuesday start?

its actually relevent in this case too!
Old 01-17-2007, 09:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Long term they will be proven to be merely decent players who are destined to go bust by playing too loose

[/ QUOTE ] Yes. Those kids have a thing or two to learn from samoleus.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's a very good chance samo actually knows a lot about poker theory in general, and the mathematics of same in particular, and that "those kids" don't know half of same. The explanation for some merely good players being able to win a lot in a short time is playing with even worse players and being on the positive side of variance in the short term.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:32 PM

yeti nailed it, except that dean lacks the ability to use logic like diablo does, so his posts are therefore usually just lame.

i agree with diablo - people exaggerate - it's the internet - he hasn't harmed anyone and i like his posts. if you don't, then don't participate in them.
Old 01-17-2007, 09:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeti nailed it, except that dean lacks the ability to use logic like diablo does, so his posts are therefore usually just lame.

i agree with diablo - people exaggerate - it's the internet - he hasn't harmed anyone and i like his posts. if you don't, then don't participate in them.

[/ QUOTE ]

it baffles me that more people dont do this. i mean, nobody actually thinks he isnt among the best online players, right?

even if u dont believe anything else about him except his thoughts on poker, why jeopordize him not sharing those just to be an idiot?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:08 PM

I just really despise people of bad character, and consider lying to be such a trait. As many people have pointed out, reputation for honesty and integrity is very important in the gambling community, and I feel Samo lacks both. Yes he makes interesting posts, I just wish he would admit all his lies and if he did he would be regarded much warmer.

Imagine it came out that bld had molested children in the past. Would you all still want to have him as a part of these forums? Yes, that is an extreme example but I think it shows that any 'the only thing that makes is his poker/posting ability' argument is flawed. People obviously have different standards - I have mine, and other people have theirs which is fine. Fwiw the reverse is true and I think people seek to help out posters who are obviously really nice people. I've certainly giving a few free coaching sessions to people I just like and think are good natured, knowing I will never get anything in return.

lapoker17 - would you be interested in a contest v. me to determine logical reasoning skills?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:09 PM

feels like pete rose
Old 01-17-2007, 10:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
lapoker17 - would you be interested in a contest v. me to determine logical reasoning skills?

[/ QUOTE ]

it already happened.

you lost.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:23 PM

A few things that i would like to point out- When numbers where crunched, the conclusion was that Samo would have had to have been making something like 15.7 PT BB/100 at 10-20 to meet his earning claims. If memory serves me correctly, BLD was was 8-12 tabling for something like 8 PT BB/100, so it's not actually inconsiveable that by playing like 40% of the tables and just running a bit better, and maybe underestimating his hours a but that he really was in that range. I mean seriously, someone has to run better than everyone else, and there is no reason it can't also be one of the top players in the games. With that combination the figures he cited are not as out of this world as people make them seem. BLD said he was up something lke 5-6 hundred K in the last few weeks before party closed and no one blinked at that right? There is actually a much better chance that he is being completley forthcoming than many want to give him credit for. If you think my logic is flawed here somewhere, please explain to me why..

Also in his first post to the forum, he didn't discuss his earning until he was prompted to do so by others, which to me is a further indicator that he isn;t just making up numbers; most attention whores would just come out and say i have made X, etc...

As far as the soccer thing goes, people questioning that seems silly. He said himself (I'm pretty sure it was in a post and not a PM so someone can prolly find it) that his soccer career was short and less eventful than he would have wished. I didn't see the EM2 post, but i really don't see what people could possibly be confident that he was lying about unless i have drastically overlooked something here?
Old 01-17-2007, 10:30 PM

There's a big difference between exaggerating how much money one has taken from chumps and robbing a child of their innocence.
Old 01-17-2007, 10:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

it already happened.

you lost.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] lapoker