Old 02-04-2006, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Greatest Rap Albums of All-Time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bump over fake poll.

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL

[/ QUOTE ]

Hehehe, I assumed you would get a laugh out of that.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:10 AM

Default Re: Greatest Rap Album of All-Time

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So a hip-hop artist (MF Doom?) with decent lyrics should be considered the best ever? No thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Its pointless to argue hip-hop with people who dont no much about the subject.

MF Dooms beats are one of the best in the business, what other hip-hop artist makes his own beats and lyrics to create the some of the best hip - hop ever. DJ Premiere is the best and then Id rank MF Doom, Alchemist and Mad Lib next in line for beats.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is this. You said Doom is the best hip-hop ARTIST of all time. What are the two things that make up a hip-hop artist? Beats and words. You said his words/lyrics were decent. How can someone who is amazing in one area, but average in another be considered the BEST HIP HOP ARTIST EVER? It's more common sense.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
So a hip-hop artist (MF Doom?) with decent lyrics should be considered the best ever? No thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

MF Dooms beats are one of the best in the business, what other hip-hop artist makes his own beats and lyrics to create the some of the best hip - hop ever. DJ Premiere is the best and then Id rank MF Doom, Alchemist and Mad Lib next in line for beats.

[/ QUOTE ]

What I'm saying is this. You said Doom is the best hip-hop ARTIST of all time. What are the two things that make up a hip-hop artist? Beats and words. You said his words/lyrics were decent. How can someone who is amazing in one area, but average in another be considered the BEST HIP HOP ARTIST EVER? It's more common sense.

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesnt make sense, B.I.G and Nas are some of the best rappers ever , theyre lyrics are the best, theyre beats are 0, they didnt make the beats. Premiere, , QTip, Large Professor made most of Nas' beats on Illmatic , so that album is the best all time but Nas can't be considered below average because he didnt excel in both areas.. Not many people make both the beats and lyrics, Madlib (Quasimoto), Large Professor (Main Source), Kool Keith and Mf Doom (Viktor Vaughn) come to mind, Im sure there are a few other but not many.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

This doesnt make sense, B.I.G and Nas are some of the best rappers ever , theyre lyrics are the best, theyre beats are 0, they didnt make the beats. Premiere, , QTip, Large Professor made most of Nas' beats on Illmatic , so that album is the best all time but Nas can't be considered below average because he didnt excel in both areas.. Not many people make both the beats and lyrics, Madlib (Quasimoto), Large Professor (Main Source), Kool Keith and Mf Doom (Viktor Vaughn) come to mind, Im sure there are a few other but not many.

[/ QUOTE ]

And I never named who I thought was the best ever, so you're still not catching my drift.
Old 02-04-2006, 12:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And I never named who I thought was the best ever, so you're still not catching my drift.

[/ QUOTE ]

Last reply, who u think is the best? , most likely they didnt make the beats. So I said MF Dooms beats are great and his lyrics are decent , his albums on a whole are the best of the 2000s.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:15 PM

Bump for votes, as we have some tight matches right now...yes, I am still going to go through with the tournament, because I am curious to see what develops in the later rounds (as I'm sure others on here feel)
Old 02-04-2006, 02:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Bump for votes, as we have some tight matches right now...yes, I am still going to go through with the tournament, because I am curious to see what develops in the later rounds (as I'm sure others on here feel)

[/ QUOTE ]

How about you get a real poll that doesn't have glaring omissions? Just do a nominations poll like all well-constructed polls here do. There's a tried and tested process for this that one should follow.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:19 PM

OK, I'll do it for real this time.
Old 02-04-2006, 02:21 PM

So I just do a nominations poll, put the nominations into a poll, let everyone vote for their top 10 or whatever, and take the top 64 from that poll and seed them in tournament format? I just don't want to [censored] this up again.