Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2006, 02:57 PM

Default Re: Ask me about Subway

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Why can I no longer get a chicken parm sub? Is this a national thing, or just my school's subway?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its everywhere, and its retarded too. We were told it was going to be a permanent menu item, and then they just yanked it with out telling us. Everyone was wondering why they couldnt order it. And they still havent sent us new menus.

[/ QUOTE ]

roasted chicken, meatball sauce and the shreaded mozzerella cheese. why would you want that crappy breaded chicken anyway?

chicken parm combo w/ 2 sugar cookies instead of chips ftw
Old 12-09-2006, 03:05 PM

What is the most underated sandwich at subway(best sub that people order the least)?
Old 12-09-2006, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
sorry, didn't read the whole thread - hopefully not a repeat.
--

What is the highest selling sandwich type?

What is the profit margin on 1 sandwich on avg?

[/ QUOTE ]

turkey is by far the most popular food cost is usually between 26%-30%
Old 12-09-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rate my Subway standard: turkey, double meat, avocado, bacon, a little mayo and mustard, nothing else on the sandwich. Bread according to mood. More than once I've had the Subway employee compliment men on my sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]
Do all stores have avocado? I knew it was available
Old 12-09-2006, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why the hell does Subway put the TOPPINGS on bottom of the meat on their subs? Toppings should, by definition, go on the top of the meat, not the bottom, like they have been doing recently. I don't like it. Plz fix this k thnx.

[/ QUOTE ]

if not sure exactly what your asking, but the meat and cheese go on the top half of the bread and the veggies on the bottom.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much meat do you put on a 6 inch sub? I always feel like I am being ripped off when I go to Subway because I get like 2 oz of meat on a 6 inch.

Also, what is your average sales during a lunch rush (11am-2:30pm)?

[/ QUOTE ]

Formulas vary for all subs, some examples are 3 pieces of turkey, 3 and 3 salami and pepperoni and 2 ham for the bmt, ham gets 4 slices, steak gets 2.5oz, so does the chicken bacon ranch, any subs in particular you would like?

depends on the season, but most of the time we will get between 60-70% of the days total
Old 12-09-2006, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why have a large number of Subways done away with the seafood (imitation crab meat/mayo) sub? It used to be a standard at all subways, but not many seem to carry it anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

All the subways in my market still have them. But like ive said, its not very popular and the sales of it continue to fall, it sits on the line too long and a lot of it gets tossed.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
have you ever eaten at quizno's? which do you like better?

[/ QUOTE ]

yes, and i prefer subway, but im probably bias
Old 12-09-2006, 05:17 PM

I worked at Subway for 3 years and have a few things to say.

1.) It is a given that employees will steal food. It happens, everyone knows it happens. I gave out food to friends, took sandwiches home, etc. I know our food costs were very low compared to other stores, so I had no issues doing so. I worked much harder and more efficiently than almost anyone in any of my owner's stores.

2.) A lot of employees steal money. I admit that over my 3 years I stole $5 a shift after I became a shift leader. I know other employees stole >$50 at times. It is really easy to do; memorize the price of a meal, take the money, give them change, remember how much is in the register (that isn't in the computer) and take it out when you close.

3.) I worked a Subway in a major mall, which was awful. Everyone was on their cell phones or pushing a stroller, it was a [censored] mess. We would also do over 100 units each hour, every hour we were open, during this time of the year. Running at a consistant 18 productivity with 5-7 people on is really, really stressful.

4.) The best possible sandwich;
- A white bread, fresh, hopefully monterray cheddar
- Roasted Chicken
- American cheese
- Lettuce
- Tomato (if they look good)
- Onion
- Green Pepper
- Ranch or caesar dressing (whichever you prefer, good with either, I usually go ranch)
- Chipotle Southwest
- Then, buy a bag of Baked Ruffles Cheddar Sour Cream, crunch them up and spread them on the sandwich.

I made this for many people who were regulars and it became their sandwich of choice.
Old 12-09-2006, 05:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Rate my Subway standard: turkey, double meat, avocado, bacon, a little mayo and mustard, nothing else on the sandwich. Bread according to mood. More than once I've had the Subway employee compliment men on my sandwich.

[/ QUOTE ]

It sounds awesome, but we dont carry avocado [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]