Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Micro Stakes
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2007, 04:54 AM

Default Re: 6 Max fundamentals for SSNL players

[ QUOTE ]
1 more thing I forgot to add.

When it is folded to you and you are in the big blind and the small blind meakly completes, this is what it really means.

"Please Mr. Big Blind, don't raise me, I want to be your friend"

If you have any playable hand RAISE THAT [censored] UP.

Example, you hold 56s on BB, folds to SB who limps. You guys already know what to do.

suited connectors, pocket pairs, suited high cards, high cards, wtv, even offsuit connectors if you haven't been aggressive enough.

When you are in the small blind and its folded to you and you have any playable hand. RAISE THAT [censored] UP.

"Hello Mr. Big Blind, GIVE ME YOUR MOTHER [censored] BLIND"

Again, if they call, continuation bet and take it down. You'd be surprised how many stacks you will take playing these trash hands in raised pots.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?581947
http://www.pokerhand.org/?581948

This is an extreme example of blind vs blind play. These hands should be so standard you do this without even thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain the flop check in the 6s2s hand? I thought a cont. bet would be standard here, seeing as you connected well...

[ QUOTE ]
So how is everyone doing?

Killing micro stakes yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

9.4ptBB at 100NL and 200NL over 28k hands, thanks a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This post was the start of a series of _vast_ improvements to my game, i have a 9k roll now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-29-2007, 05:56 AM

Just to add some of my questions, regarding suited connectors, and pocket pairs. I know how to play in position, when to cbet, etc... What I'm not sure of is playing these out of position:

For example 22:
Villain makes it $2 UTG (50nl)
What to do on the button
What to do in the SB
What to do in the BB
And what would your play be if it was 88,99,TT

Then suited connectors, you have 45s
Villain makes it $2 UTG(50nl)
What to do on the button
What to do in the SB
What to do in the BB
And what to do if you have JQs

Mostly I call on the button when I have something like T9s, is this the correct play?
And with pocket pairs I mostly call when there are more people in the pot, or when it's a high pocket pair, but I just fold the others, especially at ultimatebet 50nl, and 100nl your implied odds don't seem to be that big.
Old 01-31-2007, 10:42 PM

Strong work Tien - great advice. Need more!! ;-)
Old 01-31-2007, 10:50 PM

If UTG bets, he basically has a face up hand and it says "MY HAND IS MIGHTY, ALL YE FEAR ME, I WILL SMITE THEE SC AND PP DOWN". So we don't raise him, we call in behind with sc or pp. Even better if there is a caller/raisor behind him, because now we have 2 hands face up. I'm willing to call off 10% of my stack on the reraise possibility and just rebuy. You have position and disguise value from the Button.

I would probably also smooth call from the blinds with a drawing hand, but I'd be less inclined to do so, because it is _SO_ much harder to stack him.

Bet of 4bb when you are 100bb deep. I'm calling all day, the position is not a steal position and unless he is singing the song of Shania then it might be a hand he will stack off with. Obviously if he feels more than a woman you will be screwed, as you risked oop and lost while hitting nothing, folding to his cbet with air.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just to add some of my questions, regarding suited connectors, and pocket pairs. I know how to play in position, when to cbet, etc... What I'm not sure of is playing these out of position:

For example 22:
Villain makes it $2 UTG (50nl)
What to do on the button
What to do in the SB
What to do in the BB
And what would your play be if it was 88,99,TT

Then suited connectors, you have 45s
Villain makes it $2 UTG(50nl)
What to do on the button
What to do in the SB
What to do in the BB
And what to do if you have JQs

Mostly I call on the button when I have something like T9s, is this the correct play?
And with pocket pairs I mostly call when there are more people in the pot, or when it's a high pocket pair, but I just fold the others, especially at ultimatebet 50nl, and 100nl your implied odds don't seem to be that big.

[/ QUOTE ]

With 22 or any pocket pairs I call any 4x bb raise with 100BB stacks. I can't foldthat crud. If he is a loose raiser I may reraise him on the button. Who knows, very situational.

Suited connectors, doesn't really matter what they are, a lot of the times I'll call on the button, maybe all the time because I like to play these hands in position.

SB and BB I'll dump them.

I'm so washed up, 4 months without playing poker... No idea how to answer these questions properly anymore.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:49 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Strong work Tien - great advice. Need more!! ;-)

[/ QUOTE ]

My other posts are not in archive. But do a search and you'll find my 2 other threads around.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1 more thing I forgot to add.

When it is folded to you and you are in the big blind and the small blind meakly completes, this is what it really means.

"Please Mr. Big Blind, don't raise me, I want to be your friend"

If you have any playable hand RAISE THAT [censored] UP.

Example, you hold 56s on BB, folds to SB who limps. You guys already know what to do.

suited connectors, pocket pairs, suited high cards, high cards, wtv, even offsuit connectors if you haven't been aggressive enough.

When you are in the small blind and its folded to you and you have any playable hand. RAISE THAT [censored] UP.

"Hello Mr. Big Blind, GIVE ME YOUR MOTHER [censored] BLIND"

Again, if they call, continuation bet and take it down. You'd be surprised how many stacks you will take playing these trash hands in raised pots.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?581947
http://www.pokerhand.org/?581948

This is an extreme example of blind vs blind play. These hands should be so standard you do this without even thinking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can you explain the flop check in the 6s2s hand? I thought a cont. bet would be standard here, seeing as you connected well...

[ QUOTE ]
So how is everyone doing?

Killing micro stakes yet?

[/ QUOTE ]

9.4ptBB at 100NL and 200NL over 28k hands, thanks a lot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] This post was the start of a series of _vast_ improvements to my game, i have a 9k roll now [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

62s hand? No idea, don't ask. I had a gut instinct telling me he was looking to repop me.
Old 02-08-2007, 01:04 AM

Damn..... If only I read this post 1.5 years ago when I started playing this crummy game I woulda made soooo much more money.
Old 02-08-2007, 12:19 PM

Tien,

Just wanted to say thanks for all of your posts. I really learned a lot from them and they opened up my game so much. Obviously I learned a lot through experience too, but having someone tell me to raise 55 UTG was good. Thanks.
Old 02-08-2007, 06:00 PM

Hey Tien...great Thread...it helped me sooo much...! [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Is there still a video coming, as you mentioned???