Two Plus Two Newer Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Newer Archives > General Poker Discussion > News, Views, and Gossip
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2006, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Article on me in UCF newspaper

ummm, i think old Boosted J is going to keep playing anyway, lol. It's a bit of a non-story. Welcome to Full Tilt Boosted!
Old 10-14-2006, 06:20 AM

"i think your biggest problem is sometimes you are more concerned with what people think about you than winning $ in poker."

Hey Taylor, this is more true of you than anybody else man. That video you had about 3 weeks ago with your soul searching was awesome but still kind of sad because you're so money you don't even know it. And I mean it as a sincere compliment because I couldn't help but laugh when you were wondering about going busto and the meaninglessness of it all.
Take it from an older guy who's spent the last 20 years in the world of work, you aren't missing out on anything. Stay with poker, you'll be a winner forever in B&M, online, or in Larry Flynt's basement. The straight life is not what it's cracked up to be. You don't need to worry about family or societal approval, you're above that stuff.

Just keep winning, teaching guys like me not to be donks, driving a Bentley, picking up full bodied tattooed women in Wicker Park, and living the good life. 9 to 5 is for guys like me who can't seem to beat NL 400, but brother you're above that. Next time I'm in Iggy's I'll have a toast to you. Keep it up.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:24 AM

Boosted, as I see it, your only problem is that you didn't make more CR videos, lol. I loved the one you had though.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:31 AM

Yeah, keep seeing her but find a few more on the side, and never live with a girl if you don't have to. Then you'll have some legitmate reasons to be losing weight, imo.
Old 10-14-2006, 06:58 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hey Taylor, this is more true of you than anybody else man. That video you had about 3 weeks ago with your soul searching was awesome but still kind of sad because you're so money you don't even know it.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very true about Taylor(or maybe he does know it), but i still laughed out loud at the reference.
Old 10-14-2006, 04:05 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm sorry, but an attorney who LsOL all day long simply is not to be paid attention to. It also makes you wonder if he really is an attorney ... I mean, really. When is the last time you saw an attorney even smile, let alone laugh out loud?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, most lawyers are miserable like you, counselor. LOL
Old 10-14-2006, 05:48 PM

Wow you guys are brutal, give the kid a break.
Old 10-14-2006, 08:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
. I just bought a house, bought a Mercedes, everything in cash, and a hot asian girlfriend, what do YOU have? [censored] yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol @ pointing out shes asian.

[/ QUOTE ]

beat
Old 10-15-2006, 12:21 AM

Fk the haters, the guy is not even 20 and have been through more hard times than most of you have ever (nor will) experienced(-d), and he is wide open about it, telling you all about. He feels he has conquered the various challenges life has thrown at him so far, and has come out ahead.

This he is proud off, and he damn well should be.

Keep it up Boosted, you will always have a supporter in me.

Best regards,

J
Old 10-15-2006, 12:37 AM

[ QUOTE ]
boosted,
although i agree w/cts that this article doesnt portray online poker in a good light at all, it's cool that you got some recognition.

my advice to you would be to stop worrying about all the people that say things about you; whether it be good, bad, or somewhere in between. if you live your life worried about being accepted by other people, life can be a bitch (this is especially true with poker). i think your biggest problem is sometimes you are more concerned with what people think about you than winning $ in poker.

go out, enjoy your success, play your A game, play within your bankroll, practice good game selection, and you will continue to find success. you have come a long way in the past 12 months, don't forget that and keep up the good work!

best,
tc

[/ QUOTE ]

This is solid and accurate imo, Wisdom is in the above words. Listen to them despite whatever reasons you may have not to.